Not open for further replies.
From the propanda thread

Turtledovepropaganda.jpg

(mine)

alternatepropaganda28gh.png

made by a fella name Zach

newrevolution1hh.png

Archangel Michael

WOW. I lost that from my computer a long time ago and then I randomly read this thread and there it is. :D

Order of the Virginia

The Order of the Virginia that was awarded to Roger Kimball after he torpedoed Chesapeake Bay

Attachments

• Order of the Virginia.bmp
    259.3 KB · Views: 1,403
You know, I never caught that parallel until now. :eek:

Wonder why HT didn't make him a Confederate. Maybe Patton vs. Rommel was too good to pass up?

Yeah, I'm sure that if Patton hadn't been born in Virginia we would've seen him as a US general and Morrell/Rommel as a CS general. Rommel OTL was a likeable enough character (honorable German general who refused to join the Nazi party, tried to kill Hitler, etc) I'm sure it was easy for Turtledove to envision him as a sympathetic character.

You know I for one think the tagline "the tide turn in a very different World War II " is hillarious :D

..."Jack Featherstone"?

A friend of mine drew some sketches of Jake Featherston and posted them on an old board a couple years back. Don't know if they're still viewable, but they're quite detailed, if a bit off (he had the Snake resemble Jefferson Davis with his long hair as opposed to HT's description of having a close-cropped American military-style haircut).

Also he should have a few raw red patched of skin because he sunburns easily, he sunburns easily, he sunburns easily, he sunburns easily, he sunburns easily...

Also he should have a few raw red patched of skin because he sunburns easily, he sunburns easily, he sunburns easily, he sunburns easily, he sunburns easily...

No, no, how can you forget?

That was Sam Carsten, the US Navy serviceman. He's the one depleting the world's supply of zinc, not Snake Featherston.

Actually, Sergeant Snake tans easily, he tans easily, he tans easily. But as soon as he started living out of his leader-bunker he's pale all the time, pale all the time, pale all the time... ;)

Thande

Donor
Actually, Sergeant Snake tans easily, he tans easily, he tans easily. But as soon as he started living out of his leader-bunker he's pale all the time, pale all the time, pale all the time... ;)

Yes, just so :D

I hadn't noticed that before, but you're right, it's repeated almost as much...

Warning
WWI%20American%20Artillery.jpg

This recovered photograph was featured in National Geographic's famous article, "The Featherston Files". The battery is confirmed by former Freedom Party members, members of the Confederate President staff, and Great War veterans to be the same battery of the First Richmond Howitzers that Featherston (soldier in the foreground with head his turned away from the camera) commanded during the First Great War. This photo was taken at the Battle of Round Hill in 1917 before a gas attack, the same battle where Featherston ordered retreating colored soldiers to be fired upon, something that wouldn't be fully known till after the fall of the C.S.A.

This recovered photograph was featured in National Geographic's famous article, "The Featherston Files". The battery is confirmed by former Freedom Party members, members of the Confederate President staff, and Great War veterans to be the same battery of the First Richmond Howitzers that Featherston (soldier in the foreground with head his turned away from the camera) commanded during the First Great War. This photo was taken at the Battle of Round Hill in 1917 before a gas attack, the same battle where Featherston ordered retreating colored soldiers to be fired upon, something that wouldn't be fully known till after the fall of the C.S.A.

Did you notice that the thread is pretty old?

Status
Not open for further replies.