Welcome Back to the Arcade, ladies and gentlemen! I'm your host, Awesome Sauce and this is a reboot of the Turing-Nash TL. This time around, it isn't just pop culture, now everything is allowed (as along as it is not ASB or violate the rules of this site) on this thread (of course with my permission) so sit back, relax, and maybe even do some stuff for this TL.

POD: June 7, 1954: Alan Turing refuses to commit suicide in Cambridge, England, but tenders his resignation from the university,...

May 23, 1955: Alan Turing meets John Nash at Princeton University, developing "game theory", the theoretical basis for the "game console device (GCD)",...

June 7, 1957: Alan Turing develops the first game console, unveiling the "gaming console device (GCD)" in Boston, Massachusetts,...

July 16, 1958: Amidst advertising hoopla, RCA unveils the Atomovision 1960 (a.k.a. "AV60") in New York City, New York, sparking a massive consumer rush,...

Welcome Back to the Arcade, ladies and gentlemen! I'm your host, Awesome Sauce and this is a reboot of the Turing-Nash TL. This time around, it isn't just pop culture, now everything is allowed (as along as it is not ASB or violate the rules of this site) on this thread (of course with my permission) so sit back, relax, and maybe even do some stuff for this TL.

POD: June 7, 1954: Alan Turing refuses to commit suicide in Cambridge, England, but tenders his resignation from the university,...

May 23, 1955: Alan Turing meets John Nash at Princeton University, developing "game theory", the theoretical basis for the "game console device (GCD)",...

June 7, 1957: Alan Turing develops the first game console, unveiling the "gaming console device (GCD)" in Boston, Massachusetts,...

July 16, 1958: Amidst advertising hoopla, RCA unveils the Atomovision 1960 (a.k.a. "AV60") in New York City, New York, sparking a massive consumer rush,...
Sounds Cool!! Let's see what can be done here....

I'm only redoing certain things from the original TL:

August 7, 1958: William Higinbotham showcases the Tennis For Two computer at the Brookhaven National Laboratory; after the critical acclaim, William Higinbotham opened up American Computer Entertainment (ACE Games) to produce more software; the following year, Tennis For Two is released as a arcade game and is installed in bars, restaurants, and other places, quickly gaining popularity,...

[How about having eras in gaming, like comic books]

was atomovision inspired by b-movies? anyway here are a few names generated for consoles that could be of use:

The Diamond
The Clover
The Click
The Master
The View
The Source Box
The Champion Drive
The Phantom Cast
The Creation Cube
The Surprise Cube

maybe something in the vein of space amoeba? again continuing the b-movie motiff. depends a lot on the actual capabilities of the system though.

maybe something in the vein of space amoeba? again continuing the b-movie motiff. depends a lot on the actual capabilities of the system though.

The capabilities of the Atomovision is in the level of the Magnavox Odyssey Pong clones with the look of a big PC-like box and controllers attached into the console that look like a combination of OTL Studio 2 keyboard on the top with the Magnavox Odyssey 4000 stick on the bottom.

Breed War 2028, The Final Chapter
Claw of Gore
Cyborg Controllers
Daughters of The Terrifying Scorpion
Doctor Beauty
Elizabeth Moore Lives
Insanity and Holiness
Killer Siege!
Monday of Fear
Monster Attack
Nanotechnological Sunday
Red Riding Hood meets Sinbad
The Case of The Incredible Michael Anderson
The Diseased Supermodel
The Horror of Donna Moore, The Next Day
The Incredible Embrace of Davy Crockett
The Sinful Emperor King
The Terrible Nancy Walker
Tomb of the Clones
Tsunami 2010

randomly generated b movie titles. could help for games or movies.

https://www.seventhsanctum.com/generate.php?Genname=bmovie

Brood of Gore
Curse of Jules Verne
Feast of the Nun of Plague
Groundhog Day of Sensuality
I Married Elizabeth Bathory
I was a Futuristic De Sade
My Dad Married Cinderella
Soul of Holiness
Soul of Victory
The Ape-Women in London
The Bloody Embrace of The Tiger-Women
The Bloody Lawyer, New Blood
The Bone Healers
The Dog-Men from Hell
The Eye of Susan Anderson
The Horrible King Roberts
The Luscious Tales of Cynthia
The Psychedelic Bats
The Story of Lizzie Borden

a few more. again varies in quality but a few stick out. like the story of lizzie borden and ape women in london. i do have a few ideas for alternate pop culture but i think we can discuss some of that through pm first.

joe dante came up with "rumble-rama" so maybe another console along those lines could be one of the earlier competers... the rumbler or rumble pack, c. 1962.

I want you to name some stuff for me:

Name of a chain of restaurants: (insert name here)
Type of food served: (insert style here)

Name of video game franchise: (insert name here)
Name of creator of said video game franchise: (insert name here)
Name of company: (insert name here)

Name of video game equivalent to The Asylum: (insert name here)

idk, motorola? not sure how plausible that is.

Will it be possible for Motorola to buy Atari after that?

Also spoilers, Motorola buys Atari:

March 10, 1979: In interest of expanding to other industries, Motorola acquires Atari for (insert amount here), and one of their first decisions to make the company more profitable is to sell Atari's computer division to (insert name here) in order to focus on the main money makers, arcades and consoles,...

if someone from otl was born more than 9 months after june of 1954, then they don't exist in the atl. although dabney and a bunch of other people involved in the formation of atari were born before 1954 at least.