Trastamara TL

Superdude

Banned
Condottiero, one thing and one thing only.

IT WAS CONSTANTINOPLE UNTIL 1930 IN OTL.

The Turkish name for it was "Konstantiniye." Istanbul didn't arrive until after Mustafa Kemal (though many Turks did indeed call it Istanbul after the Conquest, it was not officially changed until 1930.)

Condottiero, one thing and one thing only.

IT WAS CONSTANTINOPLE UNTIL 1930 IN OTL.

The Turkish name for it was "Konstantiniye." Istanbul didn't arrive until after Mustafa Kemal (though many Turks did indeed call it Istanbul after the Conquest, it was not officially changed until 1930.)

Ooooops, thank you for your comment. I'll correct it.

REBELLION IN RUSSIA AND FIRST PARTITION OF FRANCE

1650 One russian noble, the boyard Ivan Kirilenko rebels against to the ottoman gobernor due to a tax issue. His example is followed by some other nobles and by most of the peasants.
1651 The swedes achieve to obtain the loyalty of some of their russian possesions the rest fall into anarchy and rebellion. An ottoman army is crushed near Kiev by Ivan Kirilenko, who proclaims himself tzar.
1652 Rebellion sparks in Moravia, Bohemia, Poland and Hungary. In order to make concessions to the russian and baltic nobles the swedish king Gustav II breaks with Rome and declares himself head of the Swedish church.
1653 Ivan Kirilenko marries the siberian heiress merging both russian states. The ottomans acknowledge Ivan but they keep their black sea possesions and create some puppet states in Walachia, Kiev and the Caucasus. The swedish king only keeps some possesions in the north. The three contendants are exhausted.
1654 The ottomans barely manage to put down the Hungarian and polish rebellions.
1655 The King of Germany claims back Bohemia, Moravia and invades Poland declaring himself Evangelical German Emperor. The Pope warns him that following the swedish example would be extremely dangerous.
1656 The French king signs a cooperation treaty with the ottomans getting some ports in the Indian Ocean in order to continue attacks over spanish possesions.
1657 A french fleet attacks Cartagena de Indias, Santiago de Cuba and St. Augustin. Carlos I declares the war to France. Spain and Savoy invade France. The HRE is busy trying to recover some positions in Hungary.
Wishing to recover Papal support the German Emperor declares himself just Emperor of Germany.
1658 A French army is defeated near Touluse, while Saboyan Forces take Lyon. The Huguenots take advantage of the French situation and rebel against the King.
1659 Maximilian III of Hapsburg signs a peace treaty with the Sultan ceding back the possitions they took the previous year and invades France claiming back some Burgundian territories.
1660 Innocentius XI proclaims that the destruction of France would only profit the Huguenots and the ottomans. But Louis XIII does not want to cede to spanish claims.
1662 Carlos I declares the formal annexation of the Visigotic territories of the Septimania in southern France and offers peace and support against the Huguenots. The french king does not accept the peace terms and sues for Papal support. The Pope, caught between the HRE and Spain, acknowledges Spanish, saboyan and Imperial claims. Louis XIII in order to save his crown and get the United Provinces support converts to calvinism.
1664 Innocentius XI calls for a crusade to clean France. Several crusader armies invade France. The war also ravages oveseas french possesions. Most of french colonists are catholic and do not share their kings decission and declare themselves subjects of the scottish king Bruce II who breaks the Auld alliance and takes all the french overseas possesions with Irish and Spanish help.
1666 The Ottomans recover the innitiative and declare the war over Germany (they do not accept the title of Emperor for the German king). The Swedish king allies with the ottomans and the danes side with the Germans. The Pope gives his blessings and economic support to the german emperor.
1670 Carlos I dies and his son Diego II is crowned. He reduces the number of troops fighting in France, fortifies the new border and concentrates his efforts in the fleet in order to protect the trade with the Americas and the East indies. The cortes are extremely happy with this decission.
1672 The German Emperor and the ottoman Sultan and both their allies sign a peace treaty that divides Poland between them and grants the Independence and freedom of cult for the Bohemian state.
Irish forces invade France and take Britanny, but they are unable to make further advances.
In the republic of Mali some natives convert to calvinism seeing that they would reach high possitions that way. Expansion continues in Central Africa. Trade with the Ottoman empire is made through caravans that export gold, slaves and weapons in exchange of iron and other goods.
1673 Gustav II of Sweden declares his support to the french king and sends an army to France. Franco-swedish victory in Amiens over Austrian forces.
1674 Another Franco-swedish victory near Lyon over hispano-saboyan forces. But rhe french are unable to retake Lyon and they are defeated in St. Jean pied-de-port.
The German Emperor takes advantage of the Papal support in order to limit the power of nobles and elector counts.
1675 The Japanese take under their control and protection french possesions in Japan and require help from the United Provinces to rearm.
Thousands of french huguenots flee from catholic occupied areas and catholics flee from huguenot occupied regions, spreading disease and hunger in France.
1677 The swedish army is caught by surprise and routed near Mulhouse. The swedish general is killed and most of the supplies and money lost.
1678 The allied forces seem unstoppable and siege Paris. However the french achieve some small victories that force the allied retreat. The Ottomans cede some ports in the indian ocean to sweden and the United Provinces in exchange of military advisors, wargear and some oceanic warships.
1680 The contendants of the French religious wars are exhausted. The Partition of France is agreed. The Pope will declare later that the loss of part of France for the catholic world is a loss only comparable to the loss of Jerusalem.
1681 Foundation of the University of New Seville (OTL Melbourne). Spanish settlements in Tasmania.
1682 A Japanese army with the help of a dutch fleet invades Korea. The Empire of China, fearing japanese expansion signs a defensive pact with Spain.
Attacks over Irish and scottish possesions in the indian ocean. England, unable to keep their colonies there cede them to the Irish and concentrate in North America and Africa.
1685 A combined Ottoman-dutch fleet manages to arrive to Japan with supplies. It is destroyed on their way back to the Indian Ocean but that makes the spanish king to decide to consolidate and reinforce possitions in the East Indies.
1687 Border clashes between the Germans and Moravians lead to a full war. Prague is sieged and taken but the Boehmian king Henry I manages to flee.
1688 The swedes and the ottomans help the Bohemians and the German Emperor has to retreat.
1689 Russian expansion to the east is resumed.
1690 War erupts between the Moghul empire and the ottomans.
1692 A Japanese army is defeated in China, but the invading forces (that include some dutch musketeers) cannot be expelled back to Korea. Japanese expansion in the northeast of Asia seems unstoppable.
1695 The Order of St. John cedes back their holdings in Tunis in exchange of help against the ottomans. The Spanish fleet relieves tha island of Naxos. The crown of Spain continue their expansion in the north of Africa attacking ottoman possesions. While the ottomans expand in India and the far east.
1698 A combined hispano-chinese army recovers the lands lost to the japanese but they are unable to enter Korea. The Chinese emperor signs a peace Treaty with Japan.
1699 Diego II dies and his son Diego III is crowned king of Spain. He proclaims he will continue the policies of his father.

Trastamara TL 1700.png

The World in 1700

There have been some changes in the world. France lost her colonies that were annexed by Scotland. The ottomans allied with the swedes and the dutch have increased their presence in the Indian Ocean and threat the spanish possitions in the East Indies.

Russia has been restored but they will be less european and more asiatic...

Mundo1700.png

I agree with Wendell:)

I have some questions.

In TTL China has made a treaty of Alliance with the governor of Miquelinas in 1637, in OTL around that time the Ming Empire began his fall, from 1627 all a serie of rebelions caused by bad harvest in the northwest was the announcement of the situation in 1636 a general situation of rebellion in China with the most part of the north and center of China in rebel hands, By 1641 practically the Ming Empire had collapsed and in fact there was an struggle for the power between the two principal rebel leaders Li Tzu-ch´eng and Chang Hsien-cheng, finally Li Tzu-ch´eng takes Peking in 1644 but only briefly before the combined forces of the last ming general Wu San Kuei and the manchus defeated him, after this the Manchu dinasty was imposed.

In fact even before the final struggle between the two rebel leaders the Manchu Empire formed a great state (from 1625 the manchus controlled southern Manchuria and ten years after they controlled all Manchuria and Inner Mongolia).

But in TTL it seems that the Ming Empire has survived, I suppose that spanish help could have helped in defeat the rebels and maintain a strong defense against the manchus? Are the manchus of TTL continuing to be an important force in Manchuria and Inner Mongolia or at last has been defeated by the Ming? Also the Ming were a very isolationist power, to sign treaties with Spain even in case of danger this requires some kind of internal transformation, could be that a more european influence has could to overtrown the power of the eunucs that from 1582 controlled the Empire an pursued a politic of isalotionist, could be that the militaries and the funcitonaries has given some kind of coup d´etat against the eunucs, this could explain the apparent far opener view of this Ming Empire and the fact that it has defeated the rebellions an at least stopped any manchu invasion?

Also respect to Persia, is strange that any rebellion has happened against the ottoman Empire in Persia, in fact overextended as it is, the Ottoman Empire not only should have problems in Russia an other parts of Europe also in Persia where Abbas I should have put a great resistance against the initial ottoman invasion, born in 1571 and reigning from 1588 was surely one of the most powerful emperors of the Safawid Persia, in TTL Abbas I was defeated in 1599 but surely the remember of the old persian glory should cause some great rebellion in Persia.

apart of this need of clarifications, also say please continue with TTL, it is an interesting TL.:)

Iñaki,

very good points I'll take them into consideration when I check and include your ideas in the revision. As for Persia I really forget them...

Do you think it could be possible to have a christian China? I was thinking in making China, at least partially Catholic and Japan Calvinist.

----------
All,

Any suggestions to name the Irish and Scottish colonies in India, America and Australia?

Last edited:
Personally I think that in the case of Japan we would have a lot of difficulties to get that Shogunate was calvinist.

In OTL in the best moments of influence of christianism, only the 2% percent of the population could be considered christian or pseudo-christian (this means that they could believe in Christ but combining it with the trust to other cults as for example traditional japanese religion), and also I suppose than in TTL the Tokugawa Shogunate as in OTL is the political body that governs Japan and the Tokugawa truly only used the christianism and christian governments as a possible help to defeat his adversaries during the period of civil wars in late XVI century Japan (as one could see in TV mini-serie Shogun where the character of Ieyasu Tokugawa -althoug with the name of Toranaga- promises cathedrals and concessions to the spanish priests but only clearly with the aim of get their support), the christian priests and after the arrival of protestants was used by Tokugawa and other contendants to get weapons and help in the definitive fight for the dominion of Japan.

When the country was unified the Tokugawa considered the christians an authentic problem or menace against the traditional institutions and the Tokugawa government although the christianism was more or less tolerated with restrictions,from 1612 any form of christianism was persecuted and finally the defeat of the christian Shimabara rebellion in 1638 in Nagasaki marked the end of the christianism in Japan.

What has changed in TTL Japan? I suppose that the only is that calvinism instead catolicism is the christian form of religion that try to influence Japan, I think that in this case we have far more probabilities that the Tokugawa could be more tolerating respect to christianism naturally ever that this calvinists christians maintain an attitude of respect to the Shogun and to the japanese traditions, in OTL was the fact of the possible christian influence between members of the daymio directly loyals to the Tokugawa Shogunate (the fudai) and the existence of christian daymios in Kyushu which marked the beginning of the reaction against christianism, in TTL as in OTL surely the Tokugawa see the calvinists as an effective help for conquest Korea and other lands and for obtain ships and weapons and the knowledge to could built fire weapons and a japanese fleet, so I think that I see very difficult (although naturally not impossible) to get a calvinist Japan, although is more possible than in OTL (because the need of help from calvinists to build a new Japanese Empire in Korea and other regions) that finally the calvinist christianism could be tolerated but only if it maintains a low profile influence in the shogunate politics.

But China, well at least I think that the probabilities of get a very important paper of the catolicism in China would be greater than in the Japan of TTL, first of all I think that to get this the catolicism should be show respect and tolerance respect to the other great religions or philosophies of China (budhishm, confucianism, chinese traditional religions) also it was necessary a change within the catolicism that is exercised in China, the Rites Controversy of OTL should in TTL to have a positive solution, I think than in an ATL where finally Reformed Christianism and Catolic Christianism have get finally some kind of reunification the probabilities to get a positive outcome in these Rites Controversy are far greater than in OTL.

So you could have a China where the catolicism could be one of the dominant religions of China and influencing clearly the politics of the Ming Empire.

These two articles in wikipedia could be interesting in your aim of a partial catholic China http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesuit_China_missions
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Rites_controversy

And respect to names of colonies for Irish and scottish, well an easy solution would be to look the names of scottish and Irish cities or regions and beggin to put new before the names (New Edinburgh, New Dublin... yes a fast, easy an plaussible solution:D ) or the names of kings and queens of Ireland and Scotland: for example Maryland, Jamestown, Eduardland...

I was thinking in something more... celtic!!

Do you think the ottomans could expand in India or even spark rebellion in Indonesia and offer protection to local islamic princes?

Originally posted by Condottiero
I was thinking in something more... celtic!!

In this case I fear that I can´t help, my celtic knowledge is so great as an englishman trying to talk in catalan:D

Originally posted by Condottiero
Do you think the ottomans could expand in India or even spark rebellion in Indonesia and offer protection to local islamic princes?

Probabilily although first we would have no doubt some giant naval struggle for the control of the Indian Ocean between Ottoman navy against european powers navies (and Mogol navy although it seems that this would be a piece of cake for the ottomans, Mogol Empire was more at least in OTL a land potence than a maritime), also an expansion to dominate the East Coast of Africa from Lamu to Sofala and northern Madagascar could be an interesting objective for Ottoman Empire.

The HRE includes Vienna, Munich, Venice, Milan, Antwep, Brussels, Ghent, Brugge, Strasbourg, Amiens, Zurich, Geneve and it could annex Paris?

Poll:
Do you think it could survive long?

:D :D :D
A nation with all those towns is really cool.

Update of REBELLION IN RUSSIA AND FIRST PARTITION OF FRANCE

1650 One Russian noble, the boyar Ivan Kirilenko rebels against to the ottoman governor due to a tax issue. His example is followed by some other nobles and by most of the peasants.
1651 The Swedes achieve to obtain the loyalty of some of their Russian possessions the rest fall into anarchy and rebellion. An ottoman army is crushed near Kiev by Ivan Kirilenko, who proclaims himself tsar.
1652 News of the ottoman defeat spread and soon rebellion sparks in Moravia, Bohemia, Poland, Hungary and Persia. In order to make concessions to the Russian and Baltic nobles the Swedish king Gustav II breaks with Rome and declares himself head of the Swedish church.
1653 Ivan Kirilenko marries the Siberian heiress merging both Russian states. The ottomans acknowledge Ivan but they keep their black sea possessions and create some puppet states in Walachia, Kiev and the Caucasus.
The Ottoman Sultan looks south and decides that it is worthier to keep richer Persia than cold Russia.
The Swedish king only keeps some possessions in the north. The three contendants are exhausted.
1654 The ottomans barely manage to put down the Hungarian and polish rebellions. But the persians are crushed and order is restored there.
1655 The King of Germany claims back Bohemia, Moravia and invades Poland declaring himself Evangelical German Emperor. The Pope warns him that following the Swedish example would be extremely dangerous.
1656 The French king signs a cooperation treaty with the ottomans getting some ports in the Indian Ocean in order to continue attacks over Spanish possessions.
1657 A French fleet attacks Cartagena de Indias, Santiago de Cuba and St. Augustin. Carlos I declares the war to France. Spain and Savoy invade France. The HRE is busy trying to recover some positions in Hungary.
Wishing to recover Papal support the German Emperor declares himself just Emperor of Germany.
1658 A French army is defeated near Touluse, while Saboyan Forces take Lyon. The Huguenots take advantage of the French situation and rebel against the King.
1659 Maximilian III of Hapsburg signs a peace treaty with the Sultan ceding back the positions they took the previous year and invades France claiming back some Burgundian territories.
1660 Innocentius XI proclaims that the destruction of France would only profit the Huguenots. But Louis XIII does not want to cede to Spanish claims.
1662 Carlos I declares the formal annexation of the Visigotic territories of the Septimania in southern France and offers peace and support against the Huguenots. The French king does not accept the peace terms and sues for Papal support. The Pope, caught between the HRE and Spain, acknowledges Spanish, Saboyan and Imperial claims. Louis XIII in order to save his crown and get the United Provinces support converts to Calvinism.
1664 Innocentius XI calls for a crusade to clean France. Several crusader armies invade France. The war also ravages overseas French possessions. Most of French colonists are catholic and do not share their kings decision and declare themselves subjects of the Scottish king Bruce II who breaks the Auld alliance and takes all the French overseas possessions with Irish and Spanish help.
1666 The Ottomans recover the initiative and declare the war over Germany (they do not accept the title of Emperor for the German king). The Swedish king allies with the ottomans and the Danes side with the Germans. The Pope gives his blessings and economic support to the German emperor.
1667 Major earthquake in Shemakha.
1670 Carlos I dies and his son Diego II is crowned. He reduces the number of troops fighting in France, fortifies the new border and concentrates his efforts in the fleet in order to protect the trade with the Americas and the East Indies. The Cortes are extremely happy with this decision.
1672 The German Emperor and the ottoman Sultan and both their allies sign a peace treaty that divides Poland between them and grants the Independence and freedom of cult for the Bohemian state.
Irish forces invade France and take Brittany, but they are unable to make further advances.
In the republic of Mali some natives convert to Calvinism seeing that they would reach high positions that way. Expansion continues in Central Africa. Trade with the Ottoman Empire is made through caravans that export gold, slaves and weapons in exchange of iron and other goods.
1673 Gustav II of Sweden declares his support to the French king and sends an army to France. Franco-Swedish victory in Amiens over Austrian forces.
1674 Another Franco-Swedish victory near Lyon over Hispano-Saboyan forces. But the French are unable to retake Lyon and they are defeated in St. Jean pied-de-port.
The German Emperor takes advantage of the Papal support in order to limit the power of nobles and elector counts.
1675 The Japanese take under their control and protection French possessions in Japan and require help from the United Provinces to rearm.
Thousands of French Huguenots flee from catholic occupied areas and Catholics flee from Huguenot occupied regions, spreading disease and hunger in France.
1677 The Swedish army is caught by surprise and routed near Mulhouse. The Swedish general is killed and most of the supplies and money lost.
1678 The allied forces seem unstoppable and siege Paris. However the French achieve some small victories that force the allied retreat. The Ottomans cede some ports in the Indian ocean to Sweden and the United Provinces in exchange of military advisors, war gear and some oceanic warships.
1680 The contendants of the French religious wars are exhausted. The Partition of France is agreed. The Pope will declare later that the loss of part of France for the catholic world is a loss only comparable to the loss of Jerusalem.
1681 Foundation of the University of New Seville (OTL Melbourne). Spanish settlements in Tasmania.
1682 A Japanese army with the help of a Dutch fleet invades Korea. The Empire of China, fearing Japanese expansion signs a defensive pact with Spain.
Attacks over Irish and Scottish possessions in the Indian Ocean. England, unable to keep their colonies there cede them to the Irish and concentrate in North America and Africa.
1685 A combined Ottoman-Dutch fleet manages to arrive to Japan with supplies. It is destroyed on their way back to the Indian Ocean but that makes the Spanish king to decide to consolidate and reinforce positions in the East Indies.
1687 Border clashes between the Germans and Moravians lead to a full war. Prague is besieged and taken but the Bohemian king Henry I manages to flee.
1688 The Swedes and the ottomans help the Bohemians and the German Emperor has to retreat.
1689 Russian expansion to the east is resumed.
1690 War erupts between the Mogul Empire and the ottomans, the excuse is another rebellion in Persia. The sultan considers the possibility of sending Rumelian colonists to Persia and deporting persians to Rumelia and Egipt.
1692 A Japanese army is defeated in China, but the invading forces (that include some Dutch musketeers) cannot be expelled back to Korea. Japanese expansion in the northeast of Asia seems unstoppable.
More spanish troops are recruited by the Chinese Emperor. Lots of chinese officers convert to catholicism and they are taught modern warfare tactics. The Jesuits press the spanish king to help the Chinese emperor that shows certain interest in Catholicism.
1693 Earthquake in Sicily. Diego II plans personally the reconstruction of Palermo and calls the best architects and sculptors of Europe.
1695 The Order of St. John cedes back their holdings in Tunis in exchange of help against the ottomans. The Spanish fleet relieves the island of Naxos. The crown of Spain continue their expansion in the north of Africa attacking ottoman possessions. While the ottomans expand in India and the Far East.
1698 A combined Hispano-Chinese army recovers the lands lost to the Japanese but they are unable to enter Korean territory. The Chinese emperor signs a peace Treaty with Japan and prepares his army to invade Vietnam. A Chinese princess, educated as catholic, is sent to Spain and offered to marriage one spanish prince. The heir Diego is impressed by her beauty and marries her receiving as dowry commercial rights and some ports in the chinese coast.
1699 Diego II dies and his son Diego III is crowned king of Spain. He proclaims he will continue the policies of his father.

THE OTTOMANS IN THE FAR EAST AND THE ENGLISH SUCESSION WAR

1701 Invention of the Electrostatic Generator by the Venetian philosopher and astronomer Angelo di Caprese.
The new Cathedral of Palermo is consecrated.
Foundation of the University of Taipei.
Emperor Hideiyatsu assigns the creation of new settlements in Kamchatka peninsula. Some Japanese colonists create settlements in the Americas looking for seal furs.
The Manzhu invade China with Japanese help. Emperor Honxiao leads the army that is equipped with guns and arquebuses brought from New Spain and with the help of a couple of Spanish tercios. The Manzhu are defeated and Honxiao's army continues on their way north.
1703 The Chinese forces consolidate possitions and retreat in order to face a new threat from Japan.
1705 A more strict application of the Indian Protection Laws makes the new World mines to look for alternatives to slavery. The works of fray Hernando de Urquijo on the "Slavery against the laws of God", cause some unrest in the Americas, but the royal protection forces its application. The american mine owners have to look for alternative production mechanisms.
A Chinese army with the help of spanish tercios from the Miqueline islands invade Hainan and expel the Dutch and the French. Invassion of Vietnam is postponed again.
1707 The ottomans create a huge fleet with dutch help and send an army to their possesion around Bombay. The Moghul emperor threats to attack unless ottomans retreat from India and requires the help of the Scottish.
The first steam engine is implemented in Potosi´s mines in order to help the miners by Don Fernando Pérez de Vegafría. It is intended to pump water from the mines.
1710 War erupts in India between the Moghuls allied to Scotland and Spain, and the Ottomans allied to the United Provinces and Sweden.
The first paddle-powered steamship built in La Plata Vicekingdom by Pérez de Vegafría.
1715 The Scottish admiral McMahon's fleet is defeated by a dutch fleet as an Spanish relieve fleet coming from the Miquelines is hit by a typhoon and dispersed. First Blast furnaces used in the North of Spain. Soon they will be copied in Scotland and the Holy Roman Empire.
The Moghuls are defeated in Zahedan and ottoman forces enter their territory.
The Free republic of Mali attacks the Sultanate of Morocco, an allied of the Spanish in their war with the ottomans. The Sultan is defeated and captured.
1717 The Ottomans siege and take Kandahar, the Moghul emperor sues for peace and in exchange for the recovery of the lost territories ackwledges ottoman right to operate in southern India.
Spanish forces take Tripoli and Begazi and offer them in exchange for a peace treaty in India. Scotland also offers peace.
The Sultan of Morocco is liberated after paying a huge ransom.
1721 The ottomans complete the conquest of Maharastra and Hyderabad, but they lose their possesions in Indochina.
The steam engines are used in mines in the Iberian Peninsula.
1725 Maria the eldest daughter of Ambrogio I of England is married to Philip the heir of the Holy Roman Emperor Ludwig II in Strasbourg.
Don Alonso Moreno Peñas develops a steam engine with separate steam condenser chambers and presents it to the King of Spain who is impressed and promised to fund its creation and proposed the creation of an School of Steam and Machinery in the University of Seville.
1727 The younger daughter of the king of England marries the Saboyan King Carlo V.
1731 The English heir Emmanuele dies in a hunting accident causing a crisis as the heiress is the wife of the most probable sucessor of the Holy Roman Emperor. The King of Savoy presents his candidature as possible king and also the Irish king, Ferdinand III, as nephew of Ambrogio of England.
The first steam engines are used in Savoy, the Holy Roman Empire, Ireland and Scotland. The Huguenot pureness tribunals blame them to be devil's inventions.
The Japanese continue their expansion in the north Pacific trying to create settlements near their main seal hunting areas. The Chinese face sucessfully russian expansion, defeating a russian army and pushing them west.
1738 Ambrogio I of England dies leaving the question of his sucession opened. Scotland and Germany side with the savoyan claimant, Spain and the Pope support the Irish one and Denmark the son of the Holy Roman Emperor.
Irish forces land in Wales were Ferdinand of Avis-Trastamara is cheered as king of England, at the same time Scottish forces occupy the north of England in the name of Carlo of Savoy and the forces of the Holy Roman Empire land near London.
Creation of the first Jesuitic reductions in North America in Indian lands. The tribes accept the jesuitic missionaries that would create schools, missions and permanent settlements in exhcange of acknowledgement of their independence, technological support and a mutual defense treaty. That way the Shoson, Navajo, Arapajo and Kiowa Reductions are created.
1740 The situation of the English conflict deteriorates as the war includes now new contendants. The Savoyan claimant gets the support of Ottoman forces that attack the Holy Roman Empire. While the French side with the Holy Roman Empire and attack both the savoyans and the spanish.
The first Water powered silk mill is made in Mexico. Soon they will spread to the Miquelines islands.
1741 War extends to the rest of the world: New England is invaded by Scotland and Ireland, the Bahamas are occupied by Ireland while they have to fend off an scottish fleet in Terranova; the dutch try to take advantage in Africa and in the Indian Ocean attacking English, Spanish and Irish possesions.
1742 The Ottomans are defeated in the land by the Holy Roman Empire and in the sea by the Spanish and fearing a new rebellion in Persia they move out of the war, leaving Savoy and Scotland in a bad situation. London is taken by the Irish and retaken by the Imperials two times in three months.
1743 Carlo V resigns from his claim and proposes that Henry of Avis-Trastamara, the younger brother of Ferdinand of Ireland assumes the English throne.
War between Sweden and Russia. The Swedes are trying to retake again the lands that they once conquered in Russia.
1744 Peace conversations are held in Avignon, and the three parts agree that Henry will be crowned king of England. New England would be ceded to the Holy Roman Empire and Savoy would get the Bahamas.
1746 Diego III dies and Fernando VII is crowned as king of Spain. The new king is married to a danish princess and cooperation between Denmark and the Trastamara nations (Spain, Ireland and England) is increased.
France cooperates with the dutch in Africa and gets some trading outposts in the West coast. Sweden sells its possesions in the Indian Ocean to the United Provinces and concentrates in its border with Russia.
The Ottomans invade Bohemia that is converted in an ottoman puppet state. Silesia secedes with German support.
1748 Border clashes between Japan and China as the first do not acknowledge chinese presence in certain territories.
The ottomans incite insurrection in the Eastern Indias. The islamic population sublevates and welcomes the ottomans as liberators in some parts.
In the Mediterranean the Orden of St. John loses most of their strongholds in the Egean.
Peace of Helsingfors between Sweden and Russia that consolidates their common border.
1750 The insurrection in the East Indies generalizes and although the Spanish fleet manages to defeat the ottoman fleet the army is unable to retake most of the lost territories.

Trastamara TL 1750.png

OTTOMAN EXPANSION IN THE EAST

By 1750 there have been some changes in the map of the world. England lost her last territories in the Americas as a consequence of her sucession war. The Holy Roman and Savoy received the spoils but a conflict will soon start in the Americas as Denmark, the United Provinces, Scotland, Ireland and now the Holy Roman Empire compete for expansion. Maybe they will have to look south to the allmighty Spanish Empire, defy each other or look to Africa.

In the American West coast there is a new actor: Japan is creating settlements in Alaska. Will they expand further or will they fight against the chinese?

In Asia China seems to be going to close the russian expansion to the East, but maybe the russians will think that it is more atteractive to go south looking for warm waters ports. In the meantime the ottomans seem to be an unstoppable force in the Indian Ocean, even for the Spanish king! And the Scottish possesions in India could be in danger...

In Africa Mali continues its silent expansion, now that they have the opportunity of trading with their cousins of the United Provinces and those of France will they expand further?

Mundo1750 l.png

THE SECOND PARTITION OF FRANCE AND THE PAX HISPANICA

1751 Don Luis de la Vega patents the Roller Spinning Machine in Burgos. Soon the Spanish textile industry will produce cheap textiles of higher quality than those of Flanders.
A combined Franco-Dutch fleet attacks by surprise Spanish possessions in the Americas, some Caribbean islands, Pernambuco and parts of the coast of Brazil are seized. Cartagena de Indias is sieged and almost destroyed although it is not captured.
1752 Spanish forces invade France while a huge fleet is sent to the Americas where they chase the Franco-Dutch fleet although they are not able to destroy it. The Saboyans, the Irish and the Holy Roman Empire Side with Spain and invade France. The German Emperor and Scotland express their concern about the situation in France but apart from some secret help they do not participate in the war.
1754 The Tibetan king Babago Ilho signs a peace treaty with the Chinese Emperor and invades the Moghul Empire.
Pernambuco is retaken by Spanish Forces.
In Europe France is defeated and the United Provinces have to suffer a blockade.
1755 Earthquake in Lisbon, the town is utterly destroyed. Tidal waves cause havoc in the Spanish coast. The fleet blockading the United Provinces has to return.
The blockade has to be lifted and a Dutch fleet manages to reach France. There it defeats an allied fleet of Ireland and the HRE near Nantes.
The Chinese Emperor buys a Silk mill that will boost the chinese industry.
Fernando VII orders the creation of bigger shipyards in Santiago de Cuba, Salvador de Bahia, Santiago de Chile, Manila and New Toledo (OTL Wellington).
An imperial army takes some Maastrich and other dutch towns. The United Provinces fearing a collapse a full HRE invassion offers some territoris in the Americas as token for a peace treaty. Emperor Charles VII accepts, enraging Fernando of Spain.
1756 A dutch fleet is defeated in the Bahamas by admiral Don Alonso Martínez de Castro and another one is destroyed in the English Channel.
China invades and annexes the north of Vietnam, lands claimed since the Tang emperors.
Rebelion in Hungary. A tax problem between some hungarian noblemen and the ottoman authorities spark a bloody rebellion.
1757 France is occupied by the allies and the HRE, the coast of the United Provinces is in ruins after a terrible attack by the Spanish fleet the absolute ruler of the seas.
The Peace of Paris will impose harsh economic conditions over the United Provinces and will mean the second partition of France that disappears leaving only an independent Duchy of Aquitanie grouping most of the Huguenot population.
The Ottomans annex dutch possesions and capture the United Provinces fleet in the Indian Ocean. Feeling strengthened they invade Moghul territory. But against all odds and fighting in two fronts the Indians manage to cede small portions of their territory to Ottomans and Tibetans.
Fernando VII starts the reconstruction of Lisbon. The Spanish court is moved there temporally in order to boost the reconstruction. The Cortes and most of the Administration remains in Seville.
1758 The Hungarian rebels are defeated although they get help from the German Emperor and Bohemia that breaks its ties with the ottomans.
1760 Japan took advantage of an unusual peace period with China and of the Spanish war to expand in the coast of Alaska.
The Tsar Kyril II decides to take advantage of the wars in Moghul territory and starts to move south with the hope of acquiring some warm water coast.
1762 New Jesuitic reductions in Amanonia, Australia, North America and Africa.
The Moghul Sultan dies in the battle of Srinagar, but his General Jhang Khan destroys an ottoman army in Bam before news of the death of his Sultan reach him.
Civil war erupts in the Moghul Empire between different sons of the Sultan.
1765 Fernando VII abdicates in his son that is crowned as Miguel III and starts a voayage to the Americas in order to know his lands and see his shipyards. He will travel in the fleet of the Carrera de Indias.
Miguel moves the court back to Seville, by then Lisbon has been rebuilt and it hosts now the most beautiful palaces built by the Spanish Grandes and by most of the richest bankers and traders.
1766 The former king is received in Santiago de Cuba and in Mexico by crowds of subjects that never thought they would see a king. Some historians would consider later that this voyage boosted the cohesion of the Spanish Empire.
Some bankers remain in Lisbon that competes now with Seville for the possition of the first Atlantic port.
1767 Fernando "the voyager" will visit Panama, Cuzco, Potosí and Acapulco where he will wait for the Manila fleet.
The Russians enter the Moghul civil war. Russian troops fight the Tibetans and the Ottomans that fight each other trying to seize the biggest chunk in the former mighty empire.
Hiroshi Yamawata is appointed as Shogun in Japan, he is the first christian (calvinist) to reach the possition. However the christians (calvinists) are an small and silent minority growing slowly.
1768 The former spanish king visits the Vicekingdoms of the Miquelinas and the Austral lands. In between he visits China where he meets his cousin the Chinese Emperor.
The Hawaii islands are discovered and named as Fernandine Islands and incorporated to the Spanish crown.
1770 The first steamships are tested in Ireland. But the idea is soon copied in Spain and Scotland.
Fernando de Trastamara, the voyager king reaches Buenos Aires where he dies and is buried in the Cathedral.
Miguel III continues the naval policy of his father and soon the spanish fleet controls most of the trade in Western Europe, the New World and the Hispanic (OTL Pacific) Ocean.
1772 The new Russian Tsar provides help to exiled Hungarian rebels that invade ottoman Hungary.
1775 Kyril III of Russian rides his horse into the Indian Ocean near Karachi and proposes the Tibetans and the Ottomans the partition of the Moghul empire.
The ottomans facing rebellions in the Caucasus and Hungary accept, the Tibetans also agree as they have problems on their own part of the booty.
1778 Kyril III attacks Sweden in order to reach the Baltic but he is defeated. He will concentrate in the consolidation of his new possessions. He will move his court to Karachi, renamed as Kyrilgrad where he plans to build a huge port.
1779 The Ottoman Sultan acknowledges the Hungarian independence.
The Spanish heir Enrique marries an English princess, Elizabeth. His father Miguel III declares the beginning of the Pax Hispanica.
1780 Rebellion in Tripoli against the ottomans that is put down althogh some Spanish troops support it.
The new Spanish Navy shows again an active presence in the Indian Ocean harassing ottoman trading trafic there.
The Free Republic of Mali continues its expansion in Central Africa. The Staatsholder Guus Vrijkeens leads an army that invades Morocco. The Sultan asks for spanish help. Vrijkeens is defeated at a huge cost and finally some territories in the south of Morocco rebel and join the Free Republic.
1783 Earthquake in Calabria. Following the example of his father, the king Miguel of Spain moves his court to Naples in order to lead the reconstruction.
Rebellions in Poland and Lithuania that are put down by Germany, Sweden and Russia.
1785 First naval battle between an small russian corsair fleet and spanish line ships. Kyrilgrad is bombed by Spanish warships. This causes the russians to ally with the ottomans.That attack spanish possesions in India. The Spanish fleet proves to be the mightiest in all the Oceans and saves them.
The Irish expand west in North America. The HRE sends colonists and african slaves to their North American territories.
1787 First settlements in Africa of Germany and the HRE.
1789 Dinastic crisis in Tuscany that causes a crisis between Savoy and the HRE. The German Emperor sides with the Saboyans, while the Holy Roman allied to the Bohemians support the Hapsburg candidate.
The Papacy and the Trastamara nations are not happy with neither of the candidates.
The Germans are defeated when entering Bavaria and then the Hapsburg go on the offensive invading Germany and occuping vast areas. Magdeburg is taken and the emperor Hans Christian flees to the Hamburg.
The Papacy and Spain threat the HRE with excommunion and war if they do not retreat.
1790 Peace talks are held in Rome. The HRE will give back most of the occupied lands to Germany that will lose the rank of Empire.
The Prince of Tuscany will be finally the Papal candidate the Duke of St. Pietro de Galatina: Gian Carlo Castriota-Scanderbeg.
1792 The Russians invade the Kingdom of Tibet. The King Migorayan Ilho ask the Chinese emperor for help and the Russian troops are pushed back.
Kyril III will have to lick again the wounds, but this time he plans to create an alliance with the Japanese and the Ottomans.
1794 Scotland expands in south Africa. Ireland will follow in order to consolidate possitions in Africa.
The situation in North America seems to announce a conflict between the european powers competing for expansion to the west.
Kyril III will not have the opportunity of avenging of the Spanish and the Chinese as he dies. His son Svietislav is crowned in Moscow but he returns to Kyrilgrad where he plans to consolidate his fathers conquests and populate those lands with russian peasants.
1795 High pressure steam engines developed in La Plata Vicekingdom.
Miguel III returns to Seville where he proclaims a reorganization of the Spanish Empire, many towns in the Americas, Asia and Oceania get representation in the Cortes.
1798 The HR Emperor Charles VII trying to cause problems to the Saboyans and the Spanish Monarchy supports an extremist rebellion in Aquitanie. The Duke is beheaded and the revolutionaries proclaim the Aquitanian Republic of God. The Emperor will regret having supported them but he will not send any help to the Spanish, Irish and Saboyan forces that will invade Aquitanie to reinstall the son of the Duke in the throne.
1799 The situation in Aquitanie is still unstable but the allies retreat leaving some small garrisons in the main towns.
One sixth of the Chinese population is already catholic. The Cathedral of Beijing is visited by the Imperial family some of whose members have converted.

Trastamara TL 1800.png

The situation in Asia has suffered dramatic changes: the Moghul empire has been destroyed by sucesive attacks by the Tibetans, the Ottomans and the Russians. It seems that these ones will be a terrible threat to the consolidated power of the Ottomans and the emerging of the Tibetans.

In the Americas the Japanese continue expanding in the northwest while in the East the dutch lost their possesions after the stupid Six years war. In most of the Americas the might of the Spanish Monarchy seems impossible to defy. However it is not clear how the jesuitic reductions may affect to the organization of the Empire.

In Europe the Holy Roman Empire continues expanding creating the suspicions of the Papacy and the Trastamara nations.

-------
Red - Spain (red-white bars are jesuitic reductions under spanish protection).
Light Orange - China
Brown - Japan
Grey - Tibel
Gold - Russia
Navy blue - Sweden
Dark Green - Ottoman Empire
Pink - Denmark
Orange - United Provinces
Green - Scotland
Yellow - England
Light Green - Ireland
Light Blue - Holy Roman Empire
Blue - Savoy
Lighter Grey - Kingdom of Germany
Light Red - Free Republic of Mali

Mundo1800 l.png

Last edited:
Great work! I'm really enjoying to read this TL. But I woul like to do two little comments:

1) I believe the area of OTL Paraguay should be in the territory of the Vicekingdom of La Plata, instead remains in the Captaincy of Amazonia. It's a territory only acessable by the rivers of the Plata Basin. Oh, and you have NO jesuits in Paraguay, among the Guaranis?:eek: The culture of Southern Brazil, Uruguay, Argentina e Paraguay is completely changed! People will not speak "Che", or drink "mate":D !

2) Actually, in the area of the jesuitic mission in the Amazon there were no Tupis. The Tupis were living near the Brazilian Coast. In the region that you show in the map there were several different tribes. Maybe a good name could be Manaós, the tribe that originated the name of the Amazonas State capital, Manaus.

Good work Condottiero:)

To Gonzaga: No mate in Argentina??:eek:

Condottiero has made an interesting TL although some of the butterflies could not like some of my friends (argentineans, no mate! horrible! horrible!:D )