Tonight, In This Very Ring: A Collection of Wrestling Timelines

Honestly, I've been rather burnt out on doing the smaller wrestling TLs as of late. Maybe it's because I haven't been using my best material, more likely it's due to my love of pro wrestling fading. Plus, I have other stuff I'm working on that I find myself more invested in, so I'm taking a full-on hiatus from this thread in the hopes of recharging my batteries a bit.
Can't say I blame ya, dude. My first break from the business was after Benoit died and lasted until WM31, then another break during the Reigns of Boredom, and after watching the whole Retribution storyline crash and burn faster than the Hindenburg, I'll probably come back around the Royal Rumble.

Honestly, I've been rather burnt out on doing the smaller wrestling TLs as of late. Maybe it's because I haven't been using my best material, more likely it's due to my love of pro wrestling fading. Plus, I have other stuff I'm working on that I find myself more invested in, so I'm taking a full-on hiatus from this thread in the hopes of recharging my batteries a bit.
I understand that. Take some time off and relax.

Can't say I blame ya, dude. My first break from the business was after Benoit died and lasted until WM31, then another break during the Reigns of Boredom, and after watching the whole Retribution storyline crash and burn faster than the Hindenburg, I'll probably come back around the Royal Rumble.

Have you considered giving AEW, NJPW, or even ROH a shot? They're all putting out good stuff right now.

As for a timeline, how about one where All Out only draws 7,000 or so, and Tony Khan decides not to do AEW, followed by NJPW dropping the Bucks?

Since you're going to be out, i'm gonna give you some suggestions for when you come back.
-What if The Rock stays with the WWE?
-What if CM Punk dies from the staph infection during 2013-14?
-A timeline where Undertaker loses The Streak way earlier, maybe with Giant Gonzales or Diesel
-What if ¨The Plane Ride From Hell¨ crashed in the ocean and killed everyone aboard?
Those are my suggestions, hope you come back soon, good luck.
Stay healthy c:

It seems morbid, but I've thought of trying to rebook WWE after the Plane Ride from Hell takes the lives of everyone... All that's stopping me is not knowing everyone who was on it

It seems morbid, but I've thought of trying to rebook WWE after the Plane Ride from Hell takes the lives of everyone... All that's stopping me is not knowing everyone who was on it
(does a quick Google search)
The names I found include Curt Hennig, Brock Lesnar, Dave Finlay, Triple H, Paul Heyman, Michael P.S. Hayes, Ric Flair, Goldust, Terri Runnels, Jim Ross, Bradshaw, X-Pac, Scott Hall, and Vince McMahon.

If that plane had crashed, I think it would’ve killed the company.

The names I found include Curt Hennig, Brock Lesnar, Dave Finlay, Triple H, Paul Heyman, Michael P.S. Hayes, Ric Flair, Goldust, Terri Runnels, Jim Ross, Bradshaw, X-Pac, Scott Hall, and Vince McMahon.

I started a TL about this awhile ago. Shane McMahon would have reconstituted WWE with Jerry Jarret and Pat Patterson in senior positions. The first new show would have been a Memorial with the likes of Jeff Jarrett, AJ Styles etc wrestling the likes of the Rock with no politics or rivalry.

I started a TL about this awhile ago. Shane McMahon would have reconstituted WWE with Jerry Jarret and Pat Patterson in senior positions. The first new show would have been a Memorial with the likes of Jeff Jarrett, AJ Styles etc wrestling the likes of the Rock with no politics or rivalry.
Like the idea but hate to do a timeline over something that dark. Also, Jeff Jarrett and AJ Style in WWE and no TNA would be a cool timeline, to be honest.

Was thinking about my storyline idea above: had the following ideas

Omega: would spend most of the year feuding with Jay White, gets into the Double Gold dash for NJPW. Omega, Ryu Lee, Chase Owens, KES, TJP, Juice, Finlay, R3K, Goto, LA Dojo, El Phantasmo, GoD, Chuck, Trent, Page, Marty, and Henare form the core of NJPW-USA, which does a weekly show on the West Coast. New Japan creates a US Tag title in 2020 during the lockdown. It gets good reviews, but never really becomes big- NJPW USA stays about the size of ROH, and lots of talent exchanges happen.

Moxley: signs an ROH/NJPW dual contract , becomes their champion and enters G1 and also gets IWGP US belt , defeating Jay White. Juice and Finlay shunt down to tag ranks.

Trent is the mole, joins Jay in Bullet Club.

Bucks never get to go heavyweight, eventually stop working NJPW. Eventually sign with Impact.

Hangman Page does a program with Tanahashi, Ibushi, and Yoshi-Hashi.

A lot of AEW's young talent doesn't get noticed- Ricky Starks being the notable exception. Ricky gets picked up by WWE

Cody ends up feuding with Nick Aldis over the NWA Championship. Drops it to Jay White at WK.

Name?

Omega: would spend most of the year feuding with Jay White, gets into the Double Gold dash for NJPW. Omega, Ryu Lee, Chase Owens, KES, TJP, Juice, Finlay, R3K, Goto, LA Dojo, El Phantasmo, GoD, Chuck, Trent, Page, Marty, and Henare form the core of NJPW-USA, which does a weekly show on the West Coast. New Japan creates a US Tag title in 2020 during the lockdown. It gets good reviews, but never really becomes big- NJPW USA stays about the size of ROH, and lots of talent exchanges happen.

Moxley: signs an ROH/NJPW dual contract , becomes their champion and enters G1 and also gets IWGP US belt , defeating Jay White. Juice and Finlay shunt down to tag ranks.

Bucks never get to go heavyweight, eventually stop working NJPW. Eventually sign with Impact.

A lot of AEW's young talent doesn't get noticed- Ricky Starks being the notable exception. Ricky gets picked up by WWE

Cody ends up feuding with Nick Aldis over the NWA Championship. Drops it to Jay White at WK.
Like the idea but hate to do a timeline over something that dark. Also, Jeff Jarrett and AJ Style in WWE and no TNA would be a cool timeline, to be honest.
We need to pull all of this discussion into another post or a pm so we don't derail the topic. Get yourself some rest @Megafighter3, you deserve it.

I'd be very interesting in seeing this fully fleshed out.

Just for the record here's the TL I started. Yes its dark but if anyone wants to carry on then by all means do so.