Tonight, In This Very Ring: A Collection of Wrestling Timelines

To each their own man. At the time, Trips made me stop watching Raw until Benoit won the belt.
Maybe i did like trips and others, and i start a little later his reign(hiatus in switch of cable to satellite...before getting back cable later on and prepaid satellite now) but yeah some might not have liked it, lesnar better should have been on raw and trips and co smackdown

To each their own man. At the time, Trips made me stop watching Raw until Benoit won the belt.

It was Trip's reign of terror that made me hate the guy (I was 11 when he got the belt), though it was around the time of Benoit's double murder suicide that made me stop for a time (I didn't go back in until January 2016, almost 9 years later)

Last edited:
I like that Owen Hart was able to help prevent Chris Benoit's...actions in 2007 ITTL.

Owen Hart is one of the few wrestlers that no one has a bad thing to say about at all (watch clips of the Raw is Owen tribute show--Jeff Jarrett is breaking down (1), while Mark Henry burst into tears while reading a poem dedicated to Owen)...

IMO, while concussions did play a large role, that wasn't the only thing that caused him to snap--it was a combination of drug abuse, the stress of losing friends (he had 20 friends, including Eddie (whose death apparently pushed Benoit over the breaking point) and Owen, die young), and, of course, the aforementioned physical trauma (including concussions)...

(1) In an interesting sidenote, Owen was supposed to be in a love triangle with Jeff and Debra (their manager when Owen and Jeff were a tag team; she was married to Stone Cold Steve Austin for a while IRL), but he turned it down because he didn't want his wife to think that he was cheating on her with Debra--that shows how much Owen loved his family, IMO...

Last edited:
Dave Duerson and Junior Seau (two ex-NFL players who committed suicide) also suffered from CTE, and they didn't murder their families before committing suicide..
Not all suicides are the same, a shame the tragedy of the benoits, but things like that show the true evils of CTE, poor family, they didn't deserved to be collateral damage, still just all died, better keep that in the past.

What if Sid Justice won the 1992 Royal Rumble instead of Ric Flair?
What if Hulk Hogan put over Bret Hart at SummerSlam 93?
What if Hulk Hogan turned heel after losing to the Ultimate Warrior at WrestleMania 6?

Hoo boy, lemme get some of these suggestions sorted out.

What if Sid Justice won the 1992 Royal Rumble instead of Ric Flair?
What if Hulk Hogan put over Bret Hart at SummerSlam 93?
What if Hulk Hogan turned heel after losing to the Ultimate Warrior at WrestleMania 6?

The first two wouldn't really have a lot that would make for a full timeline. If Sid won, we might get Hogan/Flair and Savage/Sid instead at WrestleMania VIII. Hogan would go over Flair and Savage would win the title. As for Hogan/Bret, you'd probably have Bret become the main babyface and Luger stay heel, but then it would slowly shift back to OTL pretty smoothly. Hogan turning heel at 'Mania VI could be worth something there.

What if Eric Bischoff succeeded in buying WCW?

That's pretty big in its scale. Plus it'd probably just end up being like TNA in terms of roster and roadmap.

What if Shawn Michaels leaves the WWF for good after his backstage fight with Bret Hart in June of 1997?

That one's on the list.

I do like to see a Kliq in WCW TL!

That's just the Cornette Call, really.

I'm really liking this, it's really well done! Just a thought I had, but what if Kota Ibushi stayed at WWE after 2016? I know he had his reasons for leaving, but it's an interesting thought! Honestly, Kenny Omega or the Young Bucks going to WWE would also be worth an examination!

Just a few thoughts, I look forward to what you bring in the future!

The Monster Unmasked
The Monster Unmasked

We're looking at Kane's unmasking in 2003, a small moment but one wasted. There's gonna be small things done with the unmasking, like keeping his face clean and having him be bald under the mask. But, let's have ourselves a look at this moment in time.

June 23, 2003

On RAW at Madison Square Garden, Kane faced off against Triple H in a mask vs. title match, fighting to a losing effort and being forced to unmask. His first move was to attack his own partner in a rage, leading to a match between the two at SummerSlam. In the time leading up, Kane would not wrestle, but instead attack and destroy wrestlers after and maybe before matches. Going back to the old monster Kane.

SummerSlam 2003

At SummerSlam, Kane would destroy RVD in a No Holds Barred Match but his real impact would come in the Elimination Chamber Match, where he would appear during the closing minutes, hitting the Tombstone on Triple H and leaving him prone for a Spear and Jackhammer, losing the World Heavyweight Title. Triple H took Kane's mask and now Kane has taken the title from Triple H.

Last edited:
The Monster Unmasked: September-March
Unforgiven 2003

We drop Kane vs. Shane McMahon as Triple H has business with Kane, leading Goldberg to defend against Michaels and Orton in a Triple Threat. Give them each half of Kane vs. Shane McMahon's time (That was the longest match on the OTL card, btw) and have Goldberg keep while Kane demolishes Triple H. Kane is full fire and brimstone now.

Survivor Series 2003

At Survivor Series, Triple H goes for the rematch against Goldberg to a losing effort while Kane faces his "brother" the Undertaker in a Buried Alive match in place of Mr. McMahon, burying his brother in the dirt.

Armageddon 2003

OTL match here, Triple H reclaiming his title thanks in part to Kane being distracted by a sudden gong, keeping Trips from breaking up a pin on Goldberg.

Royal Rumble 2004

Kane enters the Rumble, tosses out Spike Dudley and then gets attacked by the Undertaker, who isn't in the match. Undertaker costs him the match.

WrestleMania XX

OTL match, but with a bit of better build. Well shit, most of this TL was just the Adam Blampied TL. Whoops. Sorry about that. Hrm... what's next on the list?

Oh! Here we go! Dragon Unleashed Year 2!