Tomorrow Country

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by ksituan, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Tangle Kerbal Crasher

The Federalized Republic of Howard's Landing
    If I had to guess? India and any neutral European nations.

2. ksituan Peace Country Unoriginal

Yeah, India is the only WMD power to thread the needle - its foreign policy is inoffensive enough to keep it more shielded from a global conflagration than most, its federal form of government and less urbanized demography are resilient against a limited exchange, and its manpower is formidable. Although in a fairly similar situation, Pakistan's smaller population, alignment with China, and lack of separation between the military and its other governmental institutions make it much more vulnerable to a post-war dismantlement.

The easy answer for "neutral" powers will be any one that's surrounded by NATO members - none of Sweden, Austria, Switzerland, or Ireland is left any less demolished than its immediate neighbours. But one of the biggest losers to have not taken a single hit is Myanmar, whose incessant pogroms escalated after the war right up until they became an unignorable humanitarian liability for every neighbouring state. One quick Indian intervention later, the country violently shook itself apart, and its territory is currently distributed among no less than 9 successor states. This makes the central Irrawaddy rump much easier to govern - but the deep-seated sense of spite felt by its leadership has made it an international pariah for some decades, enforcing exactly as much of an agenda of Bamar supremacy on those minorities unlucky enough to remain as they can get away with without incurring a second international intervention.

Archangel, Tangle and Cool-Eh like this.
  3. ksituan Peace Country Unoriginal

[​IMG]

Asia update! Fewer military dictatorships, more ridiculous tiny new countries. (I'm kind of shocked at how complicated this has started to look.)

Next up: bashing out a shapefile to indicate where the supranational unions are.

4. Reepicheep Doubt not, Reepicheep.

This is shaping up really nicely! Can’t wait to see more of this world.

Tyche likes this.
  5. ksituan Peace Country Unoriginal

[​IMG]

As threatened, I've successfully got my hands on a global EEZ file! Green indicates India's customs union, so Myanmar's status as a pariah state is a bit more clear.

A more substantial update will come soon - having access to nautical boundaries will make the goings-on in the Pacific a hell of a lot easier to follow.