Tom Clancy's series

I was wondering if anyone here had ever worked on a timeline for Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan/John Clark books. don't come to the board as often as a lot of you seem to, so I may have missed a past thread like this. The books set up an interesting potential timeline(IE: nuclear explosion in Denver, presidential resignation, destruction of the Capitol Bldg. and murder of most government officials). There's also the fact the Jack Ryan is a registered Independent, which means our first Independent president since Washington. What do you all think the Clancy timeline is like, and what are the political ramifications of Ryan becoming president?

Chris

Banned
Well, Ryan is a good president, so I don't think that there might be many problems in the short run. On the other hand, congress will be dominated by members of the two politcal parties, both of whom will be trying to claw back power. Ryan could not have a referendum on every little issue - one mistake and he's gone.

Chris

Underboss_3 said:
I was wondering if anyone here had ever worked on a timeline for Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan/John Clark books. don't come to the board as often as a lot of you seem to, so I may have missed a past thread like this. The books set up an interesting potential timeline(IE: nuclear explosion in Denver, presidential resignation, destruction of the Capitol Bldg. and murder of most government officials). There's also the fact the Jack Ryan is a registered Independent, which means our first Independent president since Washington. What do you all think the Clancy timeline is like, and what are the political ramifications of Ryan becoming president?

A couple of different timelines can be found here
http://www.clancyfaq.com/Ryanvers.htm

Good reference source.

Flocculencio said:
If I may say so, Jack Ryan always reminds me of an intelligent and honest version of Dubya.

Well, I'll ignore that crack about the president(lol), because I do agree with you. Ryan definately didn't screw around with the terrorist who launched the Ebola attack on America, and he didn't waste time with the Chinese either. Too bad that there won't be more books about his presidency, because I would have loved to read more about it. I've given up on Clancy's series, though. I didn't read Red Rabbit, and probably won't read that new one about Ryan's son. Was it any good? Is Jack Sr. featured at all?