Witch0Winter's Artwork

There, it's deleted. Leave me the fuck alone.
Lynn, nobody's insulting you here. Nobody asked you to delete the map.
There's nothing wrong with your work, everyone here is doing what they can to cheer you up. To be honest, i think you're making a mountain out of a molehill.
Please, don't let your stress trumple your talent. Otherwise, people are going to start blaming you for that and that only.
I love your art. Everytime i hear the news that "Lynn has posted a new map", my day gets a hundred times brighter. If only you had a bit more focus on which TLs you want to prioritize and managed to keep personal troubles away from holding your projects hostage, i'm pretty sure you'd catapult yourself to first place. :(

Well Lynn, not only do you have my back, but I'm personally dedicating the next map (latest WIP update in the link) to you.
You're kind to do so and I thank you. I'm sure I'll enjoy it like I enjoy all your maps.

For everyone else: I don't know about further in the future but for now I will not be reposting the map here nor any other map in this thread or on AH. It may turn out to be an indefinite leave. Heart of Dixie will also be put on a halt for now. That is all.

I had a look at it over at DeviantArt and I think it's amazing. You're commanding a great level of detail and nuances with that piece.
Although I personally would've gone for a less fluorescent colour for Cuba :D

I'm glad you think they're nice but please for the love of God I want to stop hearing what I did wrong I spent today crying please make it stop

Cross posting:

For you:

255440-Sending-You-Teddy-Bear-Hugs.gif

Toix your art is in my opinion the best on this site and to this day Heart of Dixie remains my favourite TL, I'm sorry some people were so nasty, please keep it up!

For what it's worth, I liked the map. It looked nice.

Criticism and nitpicking is just something you have to deal with as a content creator. I hate to say it but, well, if you can't handle it, tough luck.

Seriously I WANT TO FUCKING KILL MYSELF LEAVE ME ALONE THE MAP IS GONE LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE!!!!!
Most of the responses you're getting aren't criticism at all but actually encouragement. Everyone's saying how much they liked the map, and yet you act like they're sending you death threats or something. I just can't understand how you can think this way. I have never been more baffled and saddened in my entire life. Your life has value, and you shouldn't kill yourself over people nitpicking something you posted on the internet.

Deleted member 14881

Well, imagine slaving away for months on something to get nitpicked by nerds, its very discouraging after all and you guys should just stop.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Seriously I WANT TO FUCKING KILL MYSELF LEAVE ME ALONE THE MAP IS GONE LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE!!!!!
Really need to step away from the keyboard for a few minutes.

Pet the dog (if no dog is in the house, go next door and borrow the neighbors) or have a cuppa.

Cleaned up previous replies. So let's try this again, and hopefully not muddy up the comments too much for this new piece.

Breaking News From the Caliphate
My entry done for Krall and his Telephone Map Game on AltHistoria: http://althistoria.proboards.com/thread/760/tmg-3-mars-back-again

Basically I was given a map without any real explanation as to what was going on and was supposed to make a map in response for someone else to look at and make a map based on mine. I then proceeded to get wildly carried away and made this entire thing out of my own ideas of what was going on in the world of the map I was given. I think it turned out pretty well, and I hope you all enjoy. This map was not intended to be a political statement so much as a reflection of our own current events.

If you want to get maps like this and others far earlier (this one was up since April), donate to my Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/toixstory

sG6u9fx.png

Last edited:
Also I admit I'm a little afraid, and probably won't post it in the Map Thread, but here is the latest version of that Two Americas map, with original description. Hopefully posting it here goes okay this time.

The Two Americas

Here is a teaser for the new version of Heart of Dixie. It is of a continent deeply divided against itself, as much in 1900 as it was in 1860. Much has changed over the past decades in the latter half of the 19th century that has caused the two nations, once a loose whole, to become as different as any other two countries. In the north is the United States, a mighty beast of industrialization and capitalism that spans the continent as a colossus. It is a land of great inequalities and contrasts, from the farmers and workers rising up from impoverishment in populism and leftism to the rich industrial capitalists, bankers, stockbrokers, and other purveyors of wealth who seek to make America the greatest workshop the world has ever seen. It is a place where one can get lost in the West forever, in plains and mountains larger than all of India, or lose one's self in cities no larger than some farmers' ranches, whose seemingly-endless blocks grow in every direction. It is a land like no other, and the envy of the entire western world.

To the south is the Confederate States, an altogether different animal who lumbers along, sick and weak, into the 20th century. As much as the United States is a land of contrasts, the Confederate States is even moreso. Rich industrialists and slavers (in some states in all but name as even without slavery the rich white men are always favored and provided a way to rule over their black workers) are far separated from the masses of teeming poor white farmers, laborers, and factory workers who stand only a little above the slaves or former slaves who toil endlessly in a system designed specifically to oppress and subjugate them in the most inhumane and evil way that could possibly be conceived by man. Yet it is not an enduring system, and by 1900 that becomes ever more clear, as agitation among the poor black and poor white communities only continues to grow (helped along by a sympathetic United States). The works of Marx, Engels, and Clemens--known for a certain tract known as "Heart of Dixie"--spread like wildfire through the lower classes of the Confederacy, and only time will tell what will be birthed from this seed.

It is a world both similar to and vastly different from our own, of the many millions of peoples who inhabit it and their contributions to the world. It is a world of destinies and fortunes, spread across so vast and great a land as has never been known before. It is the world of Heart of Dixie, and it is a world coming this August, 2017.

If you enjoyed this map and want to support me (and get some bonus goodies), donate to my Patreon: www.patreon.com/toixstory

Tf42HIT.jpg

Also I admit I'm a little afraid, and probably won't post it in the Map Thread, but here is the latest version of that Two Americas map, with original description. Hopefully posting it here goes okay this time.

The Two Americas

Here is a teaser for the new version of Heart of Dixie. It is of a continent deeply divided against itself, as much in 1900 as it was in 1860. Much has changed over the past decades in the latter half of the 19th century that has caused the two nations, once a loose whole, to become as different as any other two countries. In the north is the United States, a mighty beast of industrialization and capitalism that spans the continent as a colossus. It is a land of great inequalities and contrasts, from the farmers and workers rising up from impoverishment in populism and leftism to the rich industrial capitalists, bankers, stockbrokers, and other purveyors of wealth who seek to make America the greatest workshop the world has ever seen. It is a place where one can get lost in the West forever, in plains and mountains larger than all of India, or lose one's self in cities no larger than some farmers' ranches, whose seemingly-endless blocks grow in every direction. It is a land like no other, and the envy of the entire western world.

To the south is the Confederate States, an altogether different animal who lumbers along, sick and weak, into the 20th century. As much as the United States is a land of contrasts, the Confederate States is even moreso. Rich industrialists and slavers (in some states in all but name as even without slavery the rich white men are always favored and provided a way to rule over their black workers) are far separated from the masses of teeming poor white farmers, laborers, and factory workers who stand only a little above the slaves or former slaves who toil endlessly in a system designed specifically to oppress and subjugate them in the most inhumane and evil way that could possibly be conceived by man. Yet it is not an enduring system, and by 1900 that becomes ever more clear, as agitation among the poor black and poor white communities only continues to grow (helped along by a sympathetic United States). The works of Marx, Engels, and Clemens--known for a certain tract known as "Heart of Dixie"--spread like wildfire through the lower classes of the Confederacy, and only time will tell what will be birthed from this seed.

It is a world both similar to and vastly different from our own, of the many millions of peoples who inhabit it and their contributions to the world. It is a world of destinies and fortunes, spread across so vast and great a land as has never been known before. It is the world of Heart of Dixie, and it is a world coming this August, 2017.

If you enjoyed this map and want to support me (and get some bonus goodies), donate to my Patreon: www.patreon.com/toixstory

Tf42HIT.jpg

Map's still great. I'm just replying to say that I've gone and supported you on Patreon. You're the only person I've done that for.

Map's still great. I'm just replying to say that I've gone and supported you on Patreon. You're the only person I've done that for.
I noticed someone had and I thank you so much. :) I hope you enjoy what I'm posting there and the good thing is that with a number of maps near completion and Heart of Dixie on the horizon, the content posted there is about to swell. ^^

Out of curiousity, where can I find this heart of Dixie TL? Or is it a WIP?
Anyway, your maps are some of the best I've seen on the site. Good Job!