TOASTER Sun and Moon [The One All-encompassing Scheme To Eternally Rule]

Should the Poland and Latvia colours be switched?

• Total voters
A quick Southeast Asian Expansion!

TOASTER SE-A Expansion.png

How did you get the lightest (Pale I) value out of the four output RGB values (C3, D3, E3 for example)?

That's in the "X2 Scheme Template" tab of that spreadsheet. Column I is the input column on that tab, and column G provides the Paler II shade.

The Calculator tab is literally my mental scratchpad, and is as much a window into how I think as it is a useful tool. The lack of a Paler II shade on that tab is basically an artifact of my not yet having decided to implement that shade when I constructed those formulas, and never bothering to remove the other three columns (C, D, E) once I decided that a new tab with better layout was called for.

The Calculator tab is literally my mental scratchpad, and is as much a window into how I think as it is a useful tool. The lack of a Paler II shade on that tab is basically an artifact of my not yet having decided to implement that shade when I constructed those formulas, and never bothering to remove the other three columns (C, D, E) once I decided that a new tab with better layout was called for.

Oh, so I now used the colours for everything except Paler II from the C, D, and E columns... wrong?

Oh, so I now used the colours for everything except Paler II from the C, D, and E columns... wrong?

On the Calculator tab, columns C, D, and E do NOT produce the correct values for the relevant shades in the X2 formula. Unless I am mistaken, they do produce the correct values for the paler and darker shades of TACOS, but that scheme used a different formula for calculating shades from base colours.

Really, you're better off just deleting cells C2:E8 on the Calculator tab. It'll leave everyone less confused. Those cells are a leftover from when I was trying to be more backwards-compatible with TACOS.

On the Calculator tab, columns C, D, and E do NOT produce the correct values for the relevant shades in the X2 formula. Unless I am mistaken, they do produce the correct values for the paler and darker shades of TACOS, but that scheme used a different formula for calculating shades from base colours.

Really, you're better off just deleting cells C2:E8 on the Calculator tab. It'll leave everyone less confused. Those cells are a leftover from when I was trying to be more backwards-compatible with TACOS.

I will revise my expansion!

Regarding fonts, the only ones I ever used was Calibri (and more recently, Babylon5 for large headers). I've never mentioned fonts before now, and except for complaining about the readbility of some fonts, never made any recommendations up to now.

fwiw, to maximally annoy as many people as possible, I would suggest https://befonts.com/comic-papyrus-font-finally.html

What is the color for an Oceania Union, like a European Union but in Oceania?

Ideology ideas: theodemocracy, tribalism, and possibly a failed state color? (not sure if the last is needed or not)

Do the shades on religion have a definitive use? If not here's an idea
Pale II: plurality, non-state religion
Pale I: plurality, state but other religions allowed
Regular: majority, non-state religion
Darker I: majority state but other religions allowed
Darker II: State religion other religions illegal
I also forgot to ask what color would work for a monarchist Italy?

Let's clarify some suggestions.
  • States of the UAE: in my opinion, the only relevant addition would be Dubai; the others are historically insignificant, easily substituted for in any case I can imagine, and as far as I know mostly invisible on a Worlda. Dubai would additionally serve as a color for Middle Eastern City-State and Middle Eastern Technocracy. If you want to add all of them, the others are Ajman (secondary Oman? The two have a condominium over a tiny exclave of Ajman's), Fujairah, Sharjah, Ra's al-Khaima, and Umm al-Qaywayn.
  • Laos: Luang Prabang should be assigned to Laos, Vientiane and Lan Xang to Lao Empire, and Champasak to Secondary Lao State.
  • States of Malaysia: Johor, Kedah, Kelantan, Malacca, Negeri Sembilan, Pahang, Perak, Perlis, Penang, Sabah (Wanked Philippines), Sarawak (Secondary Borneo, other "White Rajah" state, European successor state in Asia), Selangor, Terrengganu, Kuala Lumpur
  • Kongsi Federations: Lanfang Republic (Chinese Indonesia, Primary Sinicized Indonesia/Chinese State in Indonesia, East Asian Corporate State), Fosjoen (Secondary Sinicized Indonesia/Chinese State in Indonesia), Samtiaokioe Federation (Tertiary Sinicized Indonesia/Chinese State in Indonesia)
  • Philippines: Luzon should be applied to Philippines and Visayas to Secondary Philippines. Add a color for Mindanao with a secondary use as Muslim Philippines.
In any case, the master To-Do list should be updated.

And we should absolutely scrap the Asian/Indian Congo and Arabian Congo colors. I can't think of a non-ASB scenario in which they would be useful. If you want, reassign them to other things, but we definitely don't need them as they are.

Slightly off topic, but I've been working on a spreadsheet that contains data (RGB and HSL values) for every named colour from a variety of standards (RAL and X11 are complete; others will follow). Is this something that people would be interested in seeing once complete?

Slightly off topic, but I've been working on a spreadsheet that contains data (RGB and HSL values) for every named colour from a variety of standards (RAL and X11 are complete; others will follow). Is this something that people would be interested in seeing once complete?
That sounds incredibly helpful.

Still working through the colour standards, but I'd like to put forward for consideration BS-381-536 "Poppy" ███ (187,48,22) to denote disputed borders, replacing the current brighter red that is used for disputed borders. It seems fitting somehow. We need to check it for palette compatibility of course, but based on the name, it seems very appropriate.

Still working through the colour standards, but I'd like to put forward for consideration BS-381-536 "Poppy" ███ (187,48,22) to denote disputed borders, replacing the current brighter red that is used for disputed borders. It seems fitting somehow. We need to check it for palette compatibility of course, but based on the name, it seems very appropriate.
I think the red we have now works fine. Besides, with poppies being a symbol of peace it doesn't make much sense for a potential flashpoint. Unless you're aiming for irony.

I think the red we have now works fine. Besides, with poppies being a symbol of peace it doesn't make much sense for a potential flashpoint. Unless you're aiming for irony.

Dismissing poppies as merely a symbol of peace (and it isn't strictly that, anyway) strips out a LOT of context.