TOASTER Sun and Moon [The One All-encompassing Scheme To Eternally Rule]

Should the Poland and Latvia colours be switched?

• Total voters
also: sa, congrats on becoming the new official ideology companion scheme

Cool! @Ashtagon et al., do we need paler and darker colours for ideologies, too?
Also, does that mean that the ideologies will not be integrated into the main TOASTER scheme? Anyway, thanks for naming this official! Cool!

What about the collaborative effort? This is to help you with updating, not override you.

CannedTech

Banned
Also, nice touch on the Posadism, now there's an ideology that I feel needs more ATL love.

I rather suspect if you ask ten anarchists what "regular anarchism" is, you'll get ten answers.

Ezzactly, turn over an ideological rock and there's ten different ideologies under it.

Ok, what should I use for Integralist Brazil/Fascist Brazil? I couldn't find it in the current scheme, so if it isn't there, it's a recommendation. Perhaps the color for Sergipe could double for fascist Brazil?

Ok, what should I use for Integralist Brazil/Fascist Brazil? I couldn't find it in the current scheme, so if it isn't there, it's a recommendation. Perhaps the color for Sergipe could double for fascist Brazil?

Is there a specific reason not to use the regular Brazil colour?

Part of the point of a colour scheme is to know what each country is simply because the colour is used a lot. Using a unique colour for what will effectively be a single instance map usage won't actually help inform anyone.

To me, Brazil seems big enough to have its own Fascist/etc. variants
upload_2017-5-5_7-39-53.png

(fascist brazil is a darker green to make it still recognizable as brazil)

For me, it's not about the size of the entity (otherwise, how many political colour aspects should the sun have). It's more about whether there have been such tropes raised either in OTL history or in commercially published ATLs, and raised in such a way that it needs to contrast against the plain vanilla version of that country.

I've updated the spreadsheet download to include both the original Excel version and an open document spreadsheet. Libre Office 5 appears to run the .ods file quite well.

Usage: X2 Scheme template tab

Each row is a single line-item in the final production. You can add more rows by copying an entire row. Column I (labelled Colour) can be edited freely. The four adjacent columns should then update the numerical values automatically. Colours will need to be manually edited.

Usage: Calculator Tab

Cells B3:B8 are the main input cells, accepting colours as RGB values. Within those rows, The headers in columns G to Q are:

R - Red as %
G - Green as %
B - Blue as %
H - Hue as 0-360 (0 red, 120 green, 240 blue)
S - Saturation as % (0% grey, 100% saturated colour)
L - Lightness as % (0% pure black, 100% pure white)
X, Y - X/Y grid coordinates if the hue is projected as an angular line on a chart from a 0,0 origin.
Warmth - My own measure. Multiplies saturation by angular distance from 30° Hue (orange).
per Bri. - The perceived brightness measure, subtly different from the L value.

Cell B12 contains the averaged RGB values of the input cells.

Cell B16 contains the averaged HSL values of the input cells.

Cells K14:M14 contain the averaged HSL values of the input cells.

Cells K15:M15 contain optional inputs that "intercept" the averaged HSL values of the input cells. These can (and should normally) be kept blank. If anything is in them, they will override the averaged values. They can be used to modify the averaged values

Usage example: Suppose i want the average colour of France and Spain, with saturation set to 50%, I would enter France and Spain's colours in the input cells (leaving the other four blank). In cell L14 (which intercepts the saturation), I would type "=L14*0.5", which will return half the original saturation value.

Scrolling Down a Bit...

Cells D35:E39 contain a simple RGB to web-friendly hex converter.

Cells G35:H39 contain a simple web-friendly hex to RGB converter.

Attachments

• X2 Scheme Template.zip
    91.9 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
Is there a specific reason not to use the regular Brazil colour?

Part of the point of a colour scheme is to know what each country is simply because the colour is used a lot. Using a unique colour for what will effectively be a single instance map usage won't actually help inform anyone.

Basically below. Brazil seems like it could be perhaps capable to be as powerful even as America OTL, even if it takes some wanking.

To me, Brazil seems big enough to have its own Fascist/etc. variants
View attachment 320624
(fascist brazil is a darker green to make it still recognizable as brazil)

I'm just sitting back and eating popcorn wrt ideology colours. What to call any given government in terms of ideology is very often a matter of opinion and manipulation of public opinion.

How did you get the lightest (Pale I) value out of the four output RGB values (C3, D3, E3 for example)?

I've updated the spreadsheet download to include both the original Excel version and an open document spreadsheet. Libre Office 5 appears to run the .ods file quite well.

Usage: X2 Scheme template tab

Each row is a single line-item in the final production. You can add more rows by copying an entire row. Column I (labelled Colour) can be edited freely. The four adjacent columns should then update the numerical values automatically. Colours will need to be manually edited.

Usage: Calculator Tab

Cells B3:B8 are the main input cells, accepting colours as RGB values. Within those rows, The headers in columns G to Q are:

R - Red as %
G - Green as %
B - Blue as %
H - Hue as 0-360 (0 red, 120 green, 240 blue)
S - Saturation as % (0% grey, 100% saturated colour)
L - Lightness as % (0% pure black, 100% pure white)
X, Y - X/Y grid coordinates if the hue is projected as an angular line on a chart from a 0,0 origin.
Warmth - My own measure. Multiplies saturation by angular distance from 30° Hue (orange).
per Bri. - The perceived brightness measure, subtly different from the L value.

Cell B12 contains the averaged RGB values of the input cells.

Cell B16 contains the averaged HSL values of the input cells.

Cells K14:M14 contain the averaged HSL values of the input cells.

Cells K15:M15 contain optional inputs that "intercept" the averaged HSL values of the input cells. These can (and should normally) be kept blank. If anything is in them, they will override the averaged values. They can be used to modify the averaged values

Usage example: Suppose i want the average colour of France and Spain, with saturation set to 50%, I would enter France and Spain's colours in the input cells (leaving the other four blank). In cell L14 (which intercepts the saturation), I would type "=L14*0.5", which will return half the original saturation value.

Scrolling Down a Bit...

Cells D35:E39 contain a simple RGB to web-friendly hex converter.

Cells G35:H39 contain a simple web-friendly hex to RGB converter.

What is the color for an Oceania Union, like a European Union but in Oceania?

Ideology ideas: theodemocracy, tribalism, and possibly a failed state color? (not sure if the last is needed or not)

Do the shades on religion have a definitive use? If not here's an idea
Pale II: plurality, non-state religion
Pale I: plurality, state but other religions allowed
Regular: majority, non-state religion
Darker I: majority state but other religions allowed
Darker II: State religion other religions illegal