To the Victor, Go the Spoils (Redux): A Plausible Central Powers Victory

In the future, say 6 to 8 years, is Germany going to send expeditions to search for natural resources in the colonies? Gabon looks like a good place to start, gold, uranium, oil, diamonds, iron etc. Also I don't see the no u-boats in Africa clause lasting, IMO as soon as Germany feels they're in a strong enough position they'll either ignore this clause or try to get annulled.

P.S.: Even if Lettow-Vorbeck was in trouble by the end of the war the german government would still treat him as a heroe upon returning home no? Big shiny medal and than send him right back to what would be German Equatorial Africa.
Keep in mind that some sort of naval limitation treaty is probably going to occur anyway. We'll see how the thing plays out

Keep in mind that some sort of naval limitation treaty is probably going to occur anyway. We'll see how the thing plays out
I can see how part of it goes down, the british want to include limits on subs and the germans scream no to that. Or maybe they accept some limits if they can base their subs on Africa.

new german borders.png

More or less this but the dotted line stops around Toul?

Very plausible stuff! Germany came out better in W. Europe and worse in Africa than I would have thought though I suppose that’s perfectly fine to the strategic interests of Whitehall

Why would Germany be naming their Central African colony "Franz Josef Land"? Even if the island version stays Fridjof Nansen Land, wouldn't Mittelafrika make the most sense?

I can see how part of it goes down, the british want to include limits on subs and the germans scream no to that. Or maybe they accept some limits if they can base their subs on Africa.
The thing is that for any treaty to work, if the British want to limit the side of the German submarine fleet, they must, at the very least offer something in return which guarantees that the Germans will be safeguarded from a repeat of the British blockade
That said the world is going to get quite unpredictable, so, in my humble opinioni, the Germans and the British would better put aside their differences and try to cooperate on the world stage; a godd start would be to put ink on paper that nobody of the two blockades the other.
In any future conflict, both Germany and the UK have much more to lose than ti gain by going at each other's throat

Why would Germany be naming their Central African colony "Franz Josef Land"?
Right lol this was a really funny brain fail.

So I was looking at what they might call the territory, which I was just gunna call Gabon. Then, I saw on this map it was labelled as 'Franz', and so in my tired state I thought I'd vaguely remembered seeing a mittelafrika map with that area called Franz Joseph Land. Now, on a second look, I realise that 'Franz' indicates French Gabon and Franz Joseph Land only came to mind because it's the name of some existing arctic islands.

So... yeh gunna rename it Gabon.

Right lol this was a really funny brain fail.

So I was looking at what they might call the territory, which I was just gunna call Gabon. Then, I saw on this map it was labelled as 'Franz', and so in my tired state I thought I'd vaguely remembered seeing a mittelafrika map with that area called Franz Joseph Land. Now, on a second look, I realise that 'Franz' indicates French Gabon and Franz Joseph Land only came to mind because it's the name of some existing arctic islands.

So... yeh gunna rename it Gabon.
Are you going to post a map of Africa as well?

I was thinking that the the remaing Walloons in Belgium are going to have a pretty hard time now that the state is dominated by the flemish.
Also the internal politics of Belgium are going to be steered by said Flemish element beyond whatvtheir king might wish

I was thinking that the the remaing Walloons in Belgium are going to have a pretty hard time now that the state is dominated by the flemish.
Also the internal politics of Belgium are going to be steered by said Flemish element beyond whatvtheir king might wish
Belgian royalty was pretty Francophile, no?

Lol I appreciate that but the real one will be this big.

That thing aint nuthin.

eXJ42D7.png

*dont read into the Venice thing, that was just me doodling - this is like 10% done

Yes, later.

After all the peace treaties
I was wondering... how's it going with the war guilt clause? In the end someone will need to be blamed for the war's start.
Putting the blame on Serbia would serve everybody quite well

I was wondering... how's it going with the war guilt clause? In the end someone will need to be blamed for the war's start.
Putting the blame on Serbia would serve everybody quite well
I'm assuming that's what's going to happen, though we haven't heard what's happening in Eastern Europe with current negotiations, so far the negotiations seemed to be focused on Western Europe and the colonial empires.

But I'm expecting Germany to do better in Eastern Europe than they have in the west.

I'm assuming that's what's going to happen, though we haven't heard what's happening in Eastern Europe with current negotiations, so far the negotiations seemed to be focused on Western Europe and the colonial empires.

But I'm expecting Germany to do better in Eastern Europe than they have in the west.

Isn't Brest-Litovsk already signed here? With a limited German victory in the west, that allows the treaty to be binding. Germany likely provides some support to the Russian Whites as well.

Combine the two treaties and Germany effectively wins WWI.