To the Victor, Go the Spoils (Redux): A Plausible Central Powers Victory

I was thinking that the the remaing Walloons in Belgium are going to have a pretty hard time now that the state is dominated by the flemish.
Also the internal politics of Belgium are going to be steered by said Flemish element beyond whatvtheir king might wish

I was thinking that the the remaing Walloons in Belgium are going to have a pretty hard time now that the state is dominated by the flemish.
Also the internal politics of Belgium are going to be steered by said Flemish element beyond whatvtheir king might wish
Belgian royalty was pretty Francophile, no?

This one is pretty good already
Lol I appreciate that but the real one will be this big.

That thing aint nuthin.

eXJ42D7.png

*dont read into the Venice thing, that was just me doodling - this is like 10% done

Are you going to post a map of Africa as well?
Yes, later.

After all the peace treaties

That thing aint nuthin.

eXJ42D7.png

*dont read into the Venice thing, that was just me doodling - this is like 10% done

Yes, later.

I was wondering... how's it going with the war guilt clause? In the end someone will need to be blamed for the war's start.
Putting the blame on Serbia would serve everybody quite well

I was wondering... how's it going with the war guilt clause? In the end someone will need to be blamed for the war's start.
Putting the blame on Serbia would serve everybody quite well
I'm assuming that's what's going to happen, though we haven't heard what's happening in Eastern Europe with current negotiations, so far the negotiations seemed to be focused on Western Europe and the colonial empires.

But I'm expecting Germany to do better in Eastern Europe than they have in the west.

I'm assuming that's what's going to happen, though we haven't heard what's happening in Eastern Europe with current negotiations, so far the negotiations seemed to be focused on Western Europe and the colonial empires.

But I'm expecting Germany to do better in Eastern Europe than they have in the west.

Isn't Brest-Litovsk already signed here? With a limited German victory in the west, that allows the treaty to be binding. Germany likely provides some support to the Russian Whites as well.

Combine the two treaties and Germany effectively wins WWI.

That thing aint nuthin.

eXJ42D7.png

Yes, later.

Though Austria ripping Venetia off of Italy would be a cool twist, I can’t think of another TL where I’ve seen it done

Though Austria ripping Venetia off of Italy would be a cool twist, I can’t think of another TL where I’ve seen it done
If Italy descends into Civil War, Venice might try declaring independence. Then becoming an A-H client state in exchange for protection might seem the lesser evil compared to re-annexation by some Fascist/Communist Regime.

If Italy descends into Civil War, Venice might try declaring independence. Then becoming an A-H client state in exchange for protection might seem the lesser evil compared to re-annexation by some Fascist/Communist Regime.
Mmm that’s a thought. What was Venice’s position under Austria pre-1866? A viceroyalty no? Can’t say I’m super familiar with Italian history 1815-59

There's still a strong movement for Venetian independence today, so Venice proclaiming a new Most Serene Republic wouldn't be that farfetched under these circumstances. Now would they get to stay independent is the million dollar questions...

Mmm that’s a thought. What was Venice’s position under Austria pre-1866? A viceroyalty no? Can’t say I’m super familiar with Italian history 1815-59
It was one of two parts of the Kingdom of Lombardy-Venetia. They were less anti-Austrian than Lombardy during 1848, IIRC, but not by much.

Analysis
Signed on November 29th 1918, the Treaty would enter effect by January 1st 1919 - officially ending the conflict between the Central Powers and France, Belgium and Luxembourg. The treaty would follow the German tradition of naming treaties in the identity as the signing city, as opposed to the palace, and thus would be known as the Treaty of Brussels, rather Laeken.
I had never thought of this before but it is definitely true…... Treaty of Vienna (1864), Peace of Prague (1866), Treaty of Frankfurt (1871), Treaty of Brest-Litovsk (1918) and Treaty of Bucharest (1918). I am immensely enjoying TT and learning new details like this.

There's still a strong movement for Venetian independence today, so Venice proclaiming a new Most Serene Republic wouldn't be that farfetched under these circumstances. Now would they get to stay independent is the million dollar questions...
Not back in 1918

For Austria to grab Venetia would be a supremely stupid thing to do; back then the region host no significant industrial infrastructure, nor is host ti significant resources. It would only mean grabbinv many more unruly Italians.
What I see is Austria grabbing some Key alpine passes, maybe moving the border up to a major River and maybe imposing a demilitarizion of the region

Not back in 1918
I actually recall reading that secessionist sympathies gained credence during the turmoil and economic downturn of the postwar period.

Right after World War I, the economic and political situation in Veneto was critical, so that a former Prime Minister and native of Venice, Luigi Luzzatti, wrote to Prime Minister Vittorio Emanuele Orlando and told him there could be a "Venetian Ireland", in parallel to the simultaneous Irish War of Independence, while the prefect of Treviso signalled the risk that a separatist movement aimed at separating Veneto from Italy might flourish in the province of Treviso.
That said I don't think it's super likely.

Alright so, I'm a little late to the party but I must say I love how you handled the navy side of things. Very plausible stuff and also well written, as is the whole story.
Now, reading the chapters on the peace conference, I sense British shipyards are not going to fall into the shadow of themselves that they historically were in the mid-1930s.

I am also starting to think France and Italy might have common interests in the future and increased cooperation between the two wouldn't suprise me at all. Both have grievances against Germany (and to a lesser extent, the UK), both now have to share the continent with an almost-egemonic German state and both have ressources that may be helpful to each other. I might be completely off track here, but I think the seed of the future European opposition to Berlin is an eventual Paris-Rome axis.