Artwork by Lord Roem​

Hello?

Hello?

Hello?

I don’t think there’s anybody here.

That can’t be right.

It’s been a long time.

It’s not been that long.

Look at this place, there’s cobwebs all over the bust of Mountbatten.

Nobody’s touched this book about Ted Short in years.

This manuscript of The People’s Flag is buried under 3 inches of dust!

That’s always been like that.

Oh yeah.

Heh, there’s an unused chapter of Better Drunk here.

Right.

Also known as ‘most of Better Drunk’.

Fuck off.

Alright, alright. No need to be a bother.

Don’t.

A little bother.

I am much stronger than you now-

A Byte of-

Stop flirting and kiss already.

aaaa

aaaa

We’re here, you clods.

We’re right here where you left us.

Where else were we going to be? The East India Club?

Try the chateaubriand.

Shut. It.

This is no way to celebrate the old gang getting back together.

Or, as we see it, two pricks walking back into a Shitpost Bunker they ignored for a year.

I never knew you cared.

I don’t.

Enough banter, lads. Let’s give the people what they want.

Do we still know what the people want?

Yeah, it’s all ‘First Gentleman Windsor’ and ‘Regressive Liberalocrats’ these days, isn’t it?

I remember when all people ever wanted to know about was Doctor Who.

Oh, that’s the same.

Shit.

I’m worried we’re out of touch, I’m genuinely not sure how the formatting is going to work in Xenforo.

[italics]Any[/italics]way...

Yes, sorry.

...well?

Yes! Roem, if you’d like to do the honours…

Oh, no, after you.

No, really, I insist.

No, come on, you go first.

Please, I-

tomas you wrote the first update just post the fucking thing and we can get on with it

okay jaq

Part I
ee5fxBjl.jpg

Winston Churchill
Conservative and Unionist
1951-1955

His wartime years and period in opposition already covered in earlier volumes, all that remains to be said of Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill’s political career is its lacklustre final act.

Considering retirement as early as 1951 (a stroke in 1949 slowed him down year-on-year), he held onto power for reasons unknown. Using the young Queen’s coronation arrangements as a reason to stay in power from 1952 to 1953, he then appeared to genuinely prepare to retire in favour of his long-serving deputy and able Foreign Secretary, Anthony Eden. However, this plan fell apart when Eden died thanks to errors made during an operation on his bile duct. Churchill was personally and professionally devastated. His circle contained many able men, but Eden had been his chosen successor since before he had even returned to the front line of British politics. For the first time in fifteen years, Winston Churchill could not say with certainty what would happen if he were to resign.

Eventually, even Churchill’s bulldog-like tenacity could not enable him to cling to power when his health almost completely failed in the winter of 1954-55. With his behaviour increasingly erratic and of great concern to his staff (the Cabinet governed the country as a de facto leaderless collective for approximately three months), Churchill’s last night in Downing Street was disturbed by a night terror in which he claimed he saw the ghost of ‘Anthony’ standing at the foot of his bed. He may have blamed himself – he certainly wrote years later in private correspondence of his guilt that while Eden received the care of the finest doctors in the land, had Churchill departed earlier, they would have been operating on a Prime Minister. Perhaps they would have taken even more care and, perhaps, avoided the mistakes which killed him. Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps.

However sound the medical science behind his self-flagellation may or may not have been, Churchill retired to Chequers the following morning and, his successor agreed largely out of his hands by the Magic Circle, only returned to London to travel to the Palace.

Churchill’s reputation would be preserved, his final few months completely absent from the public record and a secret until decades after his death. His state funeral in 1965 saw the largest gathering of past and present leaders the globe had ever seen, and there can be no doubt that however he may have left the stage, Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill did more than all but one of his fellow Prime Ministers to write Britain’s part in modern history.​

Right, if you don't give us an overview of an alt-Pyramids of Mars script then this is going on my ignore list.

jk please continue, looks incredibly interesting. IOTL so far oh fuck Tony's dead bring in supermac