TLIAD: America of 2016 or John Kerry's Third Term

I know, I know!

This is a live impromptu production of Waiting for Godot the TL!

Boy: (in a rush). Mr. Godot The TL told me to tell you he won't come this evening but surely tomorrow.

You know you've botched your timeline when the people who made the "classic" TLIADs (Meadow and Lord R) are making snide comments in your thread. Unless US David is indeed making a postmodern / deconstructionist work in which the traditional totalitarian structure, which calls for a single author providing content to many readers, is inversed such that we, the many readers, have become the content providers to the single reader, US David, who understands TLs on a level too meta for any of us to reach.

Zeldar155

Banned
You know you've botched your timeline when the people who made the "classic" TLIADs (Meadow and Lord R) are making snide comments in your thread. Unless US David is indeed making a postmodern / deconstructionist work in which the traditional totalitarian structure, which calls for a single author providing content to many readers, is inversed such that we, the many readers, have become the content providers to the single reader, US David, who understands TLs on a level too meta for any of us to reach.

the-one.gif

Op will surely deliver.

lPXKm.jpg

Man, this shit's like...Kafkaesque, yo.

Ok so its

Humphrey: 69-77
Bush: 77-81
Brown: 81-93 (His Crushing Popularity and excellence got the 2 term limit moved to three.
???
Kerry: 2005-2017

There I did it U.S. David! :)

Ok so its

Humphrey: 69-77
Bush: 77-81
Brown: 81-93 (His Crushing Popularity and excellence got the 2 term limit moved to three.
???
Kerry: 2005-2017

There I did it U.S. David! :)

Please, everyone knows that real liberal dystopia TL's start with a second term for Carter.

Maybe the term "John Kerry's third term" can be meant metaphorically. For some reason, Kerry is elected, he has a Reagan or Clinton level popularity at the end of his term (that's basically impossible without somehow averting the meltdown-but the OP did say the divergence was in 1968 so there's clearly some leeway.) his Vice President wins the next election vowing to continue Kerry's legacy, and Democrats claim that his Presidency will be like a third term for the beloved President Kerry. The timeline could be focused not only on President Kerry's term in office itself, but on the long term legacy of that term as his successor tries to continue whatever it was that made Kerry so popular.

Maybe the term "John Kerry's third term" can be meant metaphorically. ... The timeline could be focused not only on President Kerry's term in office itself, but on the long term legacy of that term as his successor tries to continue whatever it was that made Kerry so popular.

That actually would be pretty fascinating. Perhaps Kerry keeps hanging around the White House, or he does the unheard-of thing and returns to the Senate.

As I said, I was curious. I'm not sure that the OP will indeed end up producing this, which is kind of a shame. I think we might've been a bit rough on him initially.

Then again, I'm slowly putting together my own initial TL, and knowing the sort of rough handling AH.com can give a TL has made me rather obsessive about double-and-triple-checking things and reviewing a lot of sources. It may mean that it takes considerably longer before I post it, but I am hopeful it'll be better once it goes up.