2000 News
The "dot.com" bubble burst occurs, leaving many websites to fall and die.

AOL-TimeWarner merger called off due to falling stock for AOL amidst the dot.com bubble burst.

Microsoft announces plans to enter gaming market with a new console set to release in 2001.

Gundam Wing becomes a huge hit for the Cartoon Network's popular afterschool action/anime block Toonami.

Fox Cable Networks talking to cable/satellite operators about the possiblity of a new channel launching in 2002.

Amidst the calloff of the proposed AOL-TimeWarner merger, Time Warner is rumored to eye various companies, networks and studios for potential acquisition targets.

Turner Broadcasting announces a new plan to launch and revamp several networks over the next few years.

RUMOR: The WB eyed as potential money-cutting measure considering the network hasn't bought in a legitimate profit.

RUMOR: Sega Dreamcast to be discontinued as Sega signs new exclusivity deal with Microsoft.

RUMOR: Universal Cartoon Studios and DreamWorks Television Animation negotiating with NBC for new lineup slated for a Fall 2002 launch.

RUMOR: Numerous Playstation-based film/television adaptations being considered by Sony.

RUMOR: New gaming television network being developed by Comcast.

RUMOR: Nicktoons studio facing potential shutdown and numerous Nicktoons facing potential cancelation.

RUMOR: Saban considering buying Fox's stake in Fox Family Worldwide

RUMOR: WCW and WWE considering merger.

New indie games and anime distributor companies founded.

Next Updates:

Saturday Morning Lineup for Fall 2000
The Beginning......
What's Up with the Kid-Vid: 2000 Edition
Playstation 2+ a little rumor...........
2001 News

Last edited:
The "dot.com" bubble burst occurs, leaving many websites to fall and die.

AOL-TimeWarner merger called off due to falling stock for AOL amidst the dot.com bubble burst.

Microsoft announces plans to enter gaming market with a new console set to release in 2001.

Gundam Wing becomes a huge hit for the Cartoon Network's popular afterschool action/anime block Toonami.

Fox Cable Networks talking to cable/satellite operators about the possiblity of a new channel launching in 2002.

Amidst the calloff of the proposed AOL-TimeWarner merger, Time Warner is rumored to eye various companies, networks and studios for potential acquisition targets.

Turner Broadcasting announces a new plan to launch and revamp several networks over the next few years.

RUMOR: The WB eyed as potential money-cutting measure considering the network hasn't bought in a legitimate profit.

Next Updates:

Saturday Morning Lineup for Fall 2000
The Beginning......
What's Up with the Kid-Vid: 2000 Edition
2001 News
If you look at this now, you will notice some updated stuff I forgot to add, as well as hints of what's to come.

If you look at this now, you will notice some updated stuff I forgot to add, as well as hints of what's to come.
Butterflying the AOL merger is genius, and the stuff we know from our timeline is still good. Such as Microsoft's console and Gundam Wing.

However, I will lament the early loss of The WB, and I hope its 2000's shows do find a home elsewhere.

Butterflying the AOL merger is genius, and the stuff we know from our timeline is still good. Such as Microsoft's console and Gundam Wing.
Yep.
However, I will lament the early loss of The WB, and I hope its 2000's shows do find a home elsewhere.
It was only a rumor..............

After the merger was called off, yeah..........

They basically started seeing what else they can buy and stuff.

That's one of the main reasons YOU KNOW WHO(don't spoil it! @TheFaultsofAlts!) winds up under Warner Bros.

ANd I don't want the Mouse anywhere near it.

Okay.
True, but at least the unnecessary merger being canned means WB has more money to spend, right?
Hopefully, they can buy some more stuff for their vintage cartoon library.
That's one of the main reasons YOU KNOW WHO(don't spoil it! @TheFaultsofAlts!) winds up under Warner Bros.

I won't spoil it. Your surprise is safe with me.

Yep.

The guy killed WCW and was the main drive for the modern cnbabies?

Ok.
True, but at least the unnecessary merger being canned means WB has more money to spend, right?
Yes! That's why Turner Broadcasting's expanding.
Hopefully, they can buy some more stuff for their vintage cartoon library.
Whatcha mean?
I won't spoil it. Your surprise is safe with me.
Ok. That's good to know.
The guy killed WCW and was the main drive for the modern cnbabies?
Please....................

CN is actually planning to appeal towards more people now, they even said they're going back to not being just a kids network.

Fantastic news!
Thanks!
Imagine if they had enough money to buy Classic Media or Entertainment Rights in the late 2000's.
So if they suddenly owned Rocky and Bullwinkle, Postman Pat, Basil Brush, Lavender Castle, the Filmation library, The Story of Tracy Beaker and/or the UPA/Harvey/Jay Ward/Total Television libraries along with the rights to the Jay Ward, Noddy, Olivia, Felix the Cat, He-Man/She-Ra and others?

I'm not sure WB would treat it right, you've seen what's happened IOTL.......
Yep.

So if they suddenly owned Rocky and Bullwinkle, Postman Pat, Basil Brush, Lavender Castle, the Filmation library, The Story of Tracy Beaker and/or the UPA/Harvey/Jay Ward/Total Television libraries along with the rights to the Jay Ward, Noddy, Olivia, Felix the Cat, He-Man/She-Ra and others?

I'm not sure WB would treat it right, you've seen what's happened IOTL.......
Oh, that puts a damper on things.

Microsoft and Sega
OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM MICROSOFT AND SEGA

Greetings. Today, us here at both Microsoft and Sega are announcing that we have entered a new deal.

This new deal basically allows Sega games from the Sega Dreamcast to be playable on our upcoming gaming device, as well as a new exclusivity deal with Sega.

Another thing, it is also announced that SegaNet will be merged and replaced by a new and better online gaming service.

We understand this may be another nail in the coffin to fans of the Sega Dreamcast, but we promise that our new gaming console will NOT leave you disappointed.

Thank you for coming.​

A new Sega handheld would kick butt.

Maybe Microsoft's first gaming product could be a DVD add-on for the Dreamcast (announced but never released IOTL), with TTL's Xbox equivalent being a single box containing the two devices à la the Genesis CDX or Nintendo Play Station?