EDIT FOR @kirbopher15/2002 News Part 2/Revamp Announcement
@kirbopher15

Actually, InuYasha's NOT going to be on Disney Channel due to it's content. That's also why Naruto and much other edgier shows won't be on.

CNX WILL be launched this October, albeit as [NC].

Spider-Man movie HUGE hit at the box office.

Universal begins massive marketing plan for upcoming Universal Family channel. Ditto for Comcast, Liberty and Sony's upcoming Animax channel.

Nickelodeon's ratings drop further due to Nick News special covering same-sex parenting(as we all already know, this stuff sadly wasn't nearly as accepted as it is now).

Klasky-Csupo of Rugrats, Wild Thornberrys and Rocket Power fame sue Viacom due to royalties.

Vanessa Coffey, creator of the Nicktoons concept, sues Viacom for breach of contract.

Cartoon Network now #1 kids network. CN celebrates with announcing new Fall schedule and 10th anniversary on-air events.

Butch Hartman, Fairly OddParents creator, checking in to rehab to get his behavior in control.

New animation studio founded.

New media company founded.

Cartoon Network, Disney Channel, Universal Family, Fox Kids/Family and Animax searching for new animation talent.

Cartoon Network to host Big Pick event where audiences can choose which shows can become the next Cartoon Cartoon.

More Al-Qaeda captured.

RUMOR: Nickelodeon's channel space on cable systems might be replaced with either Cartoon Network, Universal Family or Animax.

RUMOR: Microsoft and Sega considering handheld console

When we get to the fall, I'm rebranding this TL as TL-2K23.

Why you may ask?

Because I noticed this TL getting less about Fox Kids and more about anything else.

I also wanted the TL to be somewhat semi-realistic, but I got too out of hand.

But don't worry. This TL's not going anywhere.

Someday, I'll reboot the PROPER Fox Kids TL, but as more realistic.

Have a good day!

Universal Kids Network
Universal Kids (2003-2012) logo

Universal Kids Network

Launched on August 31st, 2002.

Owned by USA Networks.

Initial lineup:

Family-friendly Universal films and series
Universal Cartoon Studios library
4Kids Entertainment/Summit Media Group shows(Pokemon, Magical DoReMi, WMAC Masters, Darkstalkers, etc.)
The Program Exchange library(Garfield, Dennis the Menace, Rocky and Bullwinkle, DiC-era Sailor Moon, etc.)
Bandai Entertainment shows(Gundam Wing, The Vision of Escaflowne, Ronin Warriors)
Gerry Anderson library(Captain Scarlet, Thunderbirds, Terrahawks, etc.)
Nelvana library
Jim Henson library(Muppets, Farscape, etc.)

Launch Schedule:

Blocks:

Action Extreme Team- action block; weekdays from 6-9AM and Saturdays from 6AM-12PM.
Sprout- preschool block; weekdays from 9AM-2PM.
Cartoon Express- animation block; weekdays from 2-6PM, weekends from 12-6PM and Sundays from 6AM-12PM.
Universal Family- family block; every night from 6PM-2AM.

The network is available in 55 million households.​

Last edited:

Universal Kids Network

Owned by USA Networks.

Initial lineup:

4Kids Entertainment/Summit Media Group shows(Pokemon, Magical DoReMi, WMAC Masters, Darkstalkers, etc.)
The Program Exchange library(Garfield, Dennis the Menace, Rocky and Bullwinkle, DiC-era Sailor Moon, etc.)
Bandai Entertainment shows(Gundam Wing, The Vision of Escaflowne, Ronin Warriors)
Nelvana library

Launch Schedule:

COMING SOON!​
Darkstalkers? Is this the original show from the 90's, the ova anime or some new version?

Captain scarlet? Isn't that an old superhero from Fawcett comics?

Darkstalkers? Is this the original show from the 90's, the ova anime or some new version?
The infamous 90s version.
Captain scarlet? Isn't that an old superhero from Fawcett comics?
Gerry Anderson's Captain Scarlet:

And the schedule'll be out tomorrow. As well as likely a new update, this one, likely on the revamp of Fox Family and Fox Kids or this season's SatAM lineup.

Universal Kids Network

Owned by USA Networks.

Initial lineup:

Nelvana library

Launch Schedule:

Blocks:

Action Extreme Team- action block; weekdays from 6-9AM and Saturdays from 6AM-12PM.
Cartoon Express- animation block; weekdays from 2-6PM, weekends from 12-6PM and Sundays from 6AM-12PM.

GUYS!

UNIVERSAL KIDS NETWORK IS HERE!

Thoughts @TheFaultsofAlts, @Tacomaster, @THEKINGFISH217, @UNIVERSAL.EXE, @kirbopher15 and @ExowareMasses?

Universal Kids Network

Owned by USA Networks.

Initial lineup:

Nelvana library

Launch Schedule:

Blocks:

Looks interesting.

Woody Woodpecker might still be the cartoon mascot of Universal Pictures instead of being replaced by Shrek or the Minions from Despicable Me.

It looks nice, and I do see the appeal of the channel and its programming. But maybe bring The New Woody Woodpecker Show on the channel sometime soon? That's about the only thing that's really missing.

I saw the post and yeah it’s interesting
Looks interesting.

Woody Woodpecker might still be the cartoon mascot of Universal Pictures instead of being replaced by Shrek or the Minions from Despicable Me.
Yep.

Woody's gonna make a bit of a comeback, but the Minions will probably still take over, but I WILL TRY to keep Woody somewhat relevant.
It looks nice, and I do see the appeal of the channel and its programming. But maybe bring The New Woody Woodpecker Show on the channel sometime soon? That's about the only thing that's really missing.
Nice!

And that IS coming in 2003.

In fact, here's what I got planned from Universal Cartoon Studios in terms of TV shows from here on out until 2006:
Crash Bandicoot
Spyro the Dragon
Jak and Daxter
Ratchet and Clank
Alvin and the Chipmunks
Hulk
Van Helsing
Riddick: Dark Fury
Savage Dragon
The New Harveytoons
Balto
Tripping the Rift
I was considering a Scorpion King series, but given the movie franchise not getting another film until the late 2000s, I figured I'd just use a third and final season of The Mummy: TAS.

Woody's gonna make a bit of a comeback, but the Minions will probably still take over, but I WILL TRY to keep Woody somewhat relevant.
That's good enough.
And that IS coming in 2003.
Okay, good.
In fact, here's what I got planned from Universal Cartoon Studios in terms of TV shows from here on out until 2006:
Crash, Spyro, Hulk, Balto, Van Helsing, Riddick, Savage Dragon, and even Alvin and the Chipmunks make sense for Universal's pipeline, as they owned the first two IP around this time, had the license to make Hulk movies, created sequels to Balto and Alvin, and Helsing, Riddick, and Savage Dragon could be part of an adult block.

However, I am surprised to see Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, New Harveytoons, and Tripping the Rift on that list. Don't get me wrong, if we're gonna have Crash and Spyro cartoons in the 2000s, we might as well do the same for their studios' next franchises. And the Harveytoons themselves to have potential to expand past Casper revivals. Just look at Tom and Jerry Tales through the lens of Herman and Katnip, for instance.

But Tripping the Rift? Really? How does that fall under Universal's domain?
I was considering a Scorpion King series, but given the movie franchise not getting another film until the late 2000s, I figured I'd just use a third and final season of The Mummy: TAS.
True. Let the animated series be inspired by that late 2000s film instead.

Speaking of unmade shows, how about cartoons based on Jurassic Park and Despereaux, plus a longer run of the Land Before Time TV series?

Deleted member 177304

If I may offer a suggestion, maybe have Phineas and Ferb air on either Universal Family or Fox Kids, since IOTL Dan Povenmire spent the late 90s and early 2000s trying to pitch it to mutltiple networks before Disney Channel gave it a chance. This way either Fox Kids or Universal Family gets a hit original series.

Saturday Mornings in 2002
Here's a look at what Saturday Mornings look like this Fall:

Kids' WB:
7:00AM: Baby Looney Tunes
7:30AM: Fighting Foodon(FALL)
/Cubix: Robots for Everyone(SPRING)
8:00AM: What's New Scooby-Doo?(FALL)/¡Mucha Lucha!(WINTER)/Ozzy and Drix(SUMMER)

8:30AM: Mighty Cat
9:00AM: Pokemon: Mater Quest

9:30AM: Kirby: Right Back At Ya!
10:00AM: Static Shock(FALL)/X-Men: Evolution(SPRING)
10:30AM: Ultraman Tiga
11:00AM: Ray and Gerald: The Racing Brothers

11:30AM: Jackie Chan Adventures

Fox Kids:
7:00AM: Liberty's Kids
7:30AM: Stargate Infinity(FALL)/Inspector Gadget's Field Trip(SPRING)

8:00AM: Power Rangers Wild Force(FALL)/Digimon Frontier(WINTER)
8:30AM: Connor the Inventor
9:00AM: Digimon Frontier(FALL)/
Ultimate Muscle(WINTER)
9:30AM: Ultimate Muscle(FALL)/Power Rangers Hexagon(WINTER)

10:00AM: Buffy: The Animated Slayer Chronicles
10:30AM: Transformers: Armada(FALL)/Totally Spies!(SPRING)
11:00AM: Medabots
11:30AM: Speed Racer X(FALL)/Shinzo(WINTER)

UPN Zone:
9:00AM: He-Man and the Masters of the Universe[2002](FALL)/Curbside(SPRING)
9:30AM: Rocket Power
10:00AM: Lydia of Naturi(FALL)/Xcalibur(SPRING)
10:30AM: Goemon: Legend of the Mystical Ninja(FALL)/Phantom Investigators(SPRING)

11:00AM: Yu-Gi-Oh!(FALL)/Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters(SPRING)
11:30AM: Invader Zim(FALL)/Butt Ugly Martians(WINTER)/Nickelodeon Robot Wars(SUMMER)

Nothin' But Cool!:
8:00AM: Maisy(FALL)/Harold the Purple Crayon(SPRING)
8:30AM: Sitting Ducks(FALL)/Stuart Little: The Series(SPRING)
9:00AM: Stickin' Around(FALL)/Ned's Newt(SUMMER)

9:30AM: The New Woody Woodpecker Show
10:00AM: Beyblade
10:30AM: The Mummy: The Animated Series(FALL)/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles[2003](SPRING)

11:00AM: Walking with..............(FALL)/Croc Files(SPRING)
11:30AM: Strange Days at Blake Holsey High(FALL)/Endurance(SPRING)
12:00PM: Truth of Scare(FALL)/Operation Junkyard(SPRING)

12:30PM: Prehistoric Planet(FALL)/Scout's Safari(SPRING)

One Saturday Morning:
7:00AM: Teacher's Pet
7:30AM: The Weekenders
8:00AM: The House of Mouse
8:30AM: The Proud Family
9:00AM: Lloyd In Space
9:30AM: Kim Possible
10:00AM: The Legend of Tarzan
10:30AM: Tokyo Pig
11:00AM: Fillmore!

11:30AM: Lizzie McGuire
12:00PM: Even Stevens
12:30PM: NBA Inside Stuff

Nick On CBS
7:00AM: Oswald
7:30AM: Blue's Clues
8:00AM: Little Bill
8:30AM: Franklin
9:00AM: SpongeBob SquarePants
9:30AM: Rugrats
10:00AM: Hey Arnold!
10:30AM: The Fairly OddParents(FALL)/Pelswick(SPRING)
11:00AM: All That(FALL)/The Brothers Garcia(SPRING)
11:30AM: The Amanda Show(FALL)/Caitlin's Way(SPRING)
12:00PM: Dora the Explorer
12:30PM: Bob the Builder

NOTES:

KIDS' WB:
  • I gave them an earlier expansion to 7AM.
  • This season would be the 4Kids boom.
  • This is also Jackie Chan's last season as the show moves to UPN next season.
  • Ultraman Tiga is successful enough for 4Kids to continue adapting the series.
FOX KIDS:
  • The first hour is E/I-compliant.
  • Digimon Frontier evidently bombs so bad that by winter, it winds up at 8AM with little promotion.
  • I kept the original plan for Power Rangers Hexagon.
  • Connor the Inventor becomes a modest hit.
  • Ultimate Muscle becomes a major hit and is dubbed by Saban ITTL.
  • Buffy Animated is the big new show. It became a major hit amongst both boys and girls and the respective viewers of both Fox Kids and Fox Family.
  • Transformers gets replaced by Totally Spies! by Spring.
  • Speed Racer X airs it's only 13 episode dub with Shinzo's 39 episodes airing between December and September. Shinzo's DEFINITELY NOT coming back next season.
  • Fox Kids begins to take inspiration from Toonami. It becomes the more mature SatAM block. Fox Animation also begins making more mature action cartoons.
UPN ZONE:
  • It's the shortest block by length.
  • Curbside is put on just to bring the Terrytoons in the 21st century and because this TL's getting increasingly ASB.
  • Rocket Power's on there because it didn't fit the Nick on CBS motto.
  • Goemon is an anime dub by Starboard and is the first Starboard dub to premiere on a broadcast network.
  • Phantom Investigators airs here.
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! makes it's free-to-air premiere.
  • He-Man, I decided to put here instead of Universal Kids.
  • Lydia of Naturi is the first show from a new studio called POW! Cartoons(expect a update on that soon).
  • I had to put Zim, Robot Wars and BUM on the block as filler.
  • And Zim isn't gonna be with Nick after the Nicktoons/Dan Schenider scandal is thru. Zim's moving to Animax.
UNIVERSAL KiDS:
  • I made most of the block E/I-compliant.
  • I put Beyblade on the block since Fox Kids wouldn't need it and Nelvana's a part of this joint venture.
  • The Mummy: TAS makes it's FTA debut.
  • New Woody Woodpecker also moves from Fox Kids to Universal Kids/Family, albeit for now, it's the reruns of the old episodes. It performs moderately better here than it did on Fox Kids.
  • Stickin' Around and Ned's Newt makes an MUCH earlier US debut.
  • Harold also makes its FTA debut.
  • I also still put some Discovery Kids content, hence the name.
DISNEY'S ONE SATURDAY MORNING:
  • I basically fit in ALL of Disney's non-preschool/adult cartoons of the time, including a few that were banished to Toon Disney IOTL.
  • I also put in some Disney Channel live-action shows and I kept NBA Inside Stuff.
  • I put Tokyo Pig on the block.
NICK ON CBS:
  • Basically, broadcast reruns, reruns, reruns. What's the point in watching this?
Thoughts?

Last edited:
That's good enough.

Okay, good.
Ok.
Crash, Spyro, Hulk, Balto, Van Helsing, Riddick, Savage Dragon, and even Alvin and the Chipmunks make sense for Universal's pipeline, as they owned the first two IP around this time, had the license to make Hulk movies, created sequels to Balto and Alvin, and Helsing, Riddick, and Savage Dragon could be part of an adult block.
Right, and I'm planning for Hulk, Helsing, Riddick and Savage Dragon to be a part of Sci-Fi's animation block. Basically to compete against what I got planned for Animax and FX.
However, I am surprised to see Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, New Harveytoons, and Tripping the Rift on that list. Don't get me wrong, if we're gonna have Crash and Spyro cartoons in the 2000s, we might as well do the same for their studios' next franchises. And the Harveytoons themselves to have potential to expand past Casper revivals. Just look at Tom and Jerry Tales through the lens of Herman and Katnip, for instance.
Well, I decided to have Crash, Spyro, Jak and Daxter and Ratchet and Clank be Sony-Universal co-productions given the factors, and I do wanna revive Earthworm Jim.

And yes, I'm taking inspiration from those shows and short anthology series for the Harveytoons revival.
But Tripping the Rift? Really? How does that fall under Universal's domain?
Oh. Crap, I forgot that wasn't a Universal show.

My bad.
True. Let the animated series be inspired by that late 2000s film instead.
Right.
Speaking of unmade shows, how about cartoons based on Jurassic Park and Despereaux, plus a longer run of the Land Before Time TV series?
That's EXACTLY what I'm planning!

But what's Despereaux?
If I may offer a suggestion, maybe have Phineas and Ferb air on either Universal Family or Fox Kids, since IOTL Dan Povenmire spent the late 90s and early 2000s trying to pitch it to mutltiple networks before Disney Channel gave it a chance. This way either Fox Kids or Universal Family gets a hit original series.
I AM planning to have Phineas and Ferb be on Fox Family!

So yeah!

Deleted member 177304

Nope, but I do need ideas for a potential launch look for Vortexx(Fox's answer to Toonami ITTL).
Well, since Toonami has a heavy scifi spacefaring theme, maybe TTL's Vortexx tries to contrast that with a fantasy seafaring theme. As for a host, maybe a female pirate character voiced by Tara Strong?

Last edited by a moderator:
Lydia of Naturi/AWESOME!Mations Studios
Lydia of Naturi

Premiered on Saturday September 7th, 2002 on UPN as a anchor of UPN's new Saturday Morning block.

Produced by AWESOME!Mations Studios.

Created by Jony Zaskini(original character)​

AWESOME!Mations Studios

Founded in 1999 by John Kricfalusi, Don Bluth, Andi Summerton and Daniel Abbott!

This new animation studio is a creator-driven studio.

And yes, after discovering John's behaviors, they FORCE him to get help and has STRICT guidelines to try to keep him in check. This is also a evolved version of Spumco as a result.

John K. runs the adult animation part, Don Bluth will run the eventual feature animation part while Andi handles the youth unit while Joni and Daniel handles the day-to-day operations of the new studio.

Their first productions are Lydia of Naturi for UPN, as well as the upcoming Ren and Stimpy reboot for Spike TV, a PROPER George Liquor series, either for Spike, Adult Swim, Comedy Central or Newgrounds.com and an yet-to-be-announced animated film.

They are also interested in doing a series of animated shorts.

We have high hopes that the studio will be successful, and considering who's a part of it, they'll need as much luck as possible to last without getting into much controversy.​

Last edited:
Lydia of Naturi

Premiered on Saturday September 7th, 2002 on UPN as a anchor of UPN's new Saturday Morning block.

Produced by AWESOME!Mations Studios.

Created by Jony Zaskini(original character)​

AWESOME!Mations Studios

Founded in 1999 by Joni Zaskini, John Kricfalusi, Don Bluth and Andi Summerton.

And yes, after discovering John's behaviors, they FORCE him to get help and has STRICT guidelines to try to keep him in check. This is also a evolved version of Spumco as a result.

John K. runs the adult animation part, Don Bluth will run the eventual feature animation part while Andi handles the youth unit while Joni handles the day-to-day operations of the new studio.

Their first productions are Lydia of Naturi for UPN, as well as the upcoming Ren and Stimpy reboot for Spike TV, a PROPER George Liquor series, either for Spike, Adult Swim, Comedy Central or Newgrounds.com and an yet-to-be-announced animated film.

We have high hopes that the studio will be successful, and considering who's a part of it, they'll need as much luck as possible to last without getting into much controversy.​
Maybe have John K go through rehab in order to prevent that from happening

Right, and I'm planning for Hulk, Helsing, Riddick and Savage Dragon to be a part of Sci-Fi's animation block. Basically to compete against what I got planned for Animax and FX.
Good.
Well, I decided to have Crash, Spyro, Jak and Daxter and Ratchet and Clank be Sony-Universal co-productions given the factors, and I do wanna revive Earthworm Jim.
That's a great block already. Why not have an Ape Escape cartoon from Adelaide Productions, and make it an even number of six cartoons?
And yes, I'm taking inspiration from those shows and short anthology series for the Harveytoons revival.
Great!
Oh. Crap, I forgot that wasn't a Universal show.

My bad.
That's okay.
That's EXACTLY what I'm planning!
Excellent!
But what's Despereaux?
AWESOME!Mations Studios

Founded in 1999 by Joni Zaskini, John Kricfalusi, Don Bluth and Andi Summerton.

John K. runs the adult animation part, Don Bluth will run the eventual feature animation part while Andi handles the youth unit while Joni handles the day-to-day operations of the new studio.

Getting a reformed John K. in the same studio as Don Bluth is surprising news, and the latter gives their feature film division some high hopes and expectations.