2002 News Part 1
Nickelodeon's current troubles worsen as the Jhonen Vasquez/Micah Wright lawsuit makes it to real court.

Nickelodeon's ratings declining. It's only a matter of time before Cartoon Network takes it's rightful spot as the #1 kids network.

Despite their troubles, an relaunch of Noggin as a half preschool/half tween-teen channel and new Nicktoons channel is still on track to launch in April and May respectively.

4Kids Entertainment confirms acquisitions of Ultraman Tiga, Fighting Foodons, Mighty Cat Masked Niyander, Bakuso Kyodai Let's and Go! as well as the confirmation of the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles reboot, which are all set for Fall 2002 and a Spring 2003 premiere respectively.

Ultraman Tiga, Fighting Foodons, Kirby, Mighty Cat and Ray and Gerald: Racing Brothers, confirmed for Kids' WB this Fall, much to the chagrin of many older fans and those that believe that the anime trend is getting too out of hand. Meanwhile, the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles reboot is planned for Universal Kids in 2003.

Adult Swim expands to Saturday nights with new action block.

Zoids: Chaotic Century becomes a hit for Disney Channel.

Disney Channel announces relaunch for Fall 2002.

Animation fans nationwide anticipate the launch of the Universal Family and Animax channels this Fall.

More members of Al-Qaeda captured.

New US security laws set to go into effect.

Fox Kids and Fox Family to be relaunched this Fall.

Railpunchers set to release on March 17th on the Microsoft-Sega X. PC version confirmed for July and Game Boy Advance version confirmed for late Fall.

Railpunchers toy and apparel lines slated for release in September. Railpunchers comic and animated series confirmed for 2003 debut.

Railpunchers 2 confirmed for 2003 release.

Activision officially acquires Rare for $100M.

More information released for upcoming Asobu game "Verkunpfung"(German for "link"), set for a Fall release.

Warner Bros. announces new animation projects though it's new "Warner Bros. AMPT" studio.

Sony, Universal, Fox, Cartoon Network looking for new animated show pitches.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters to premiere March 22nd.

Last edited:
NBC-ing into the Rainbow
RAINBOW COLORS UP NBC IN PARTNERSHIP DEAL, BOTH TO HAVE SHARE IN NETWORKS AND SATELLITE TV SERVICE
AMC Networks | Logopedia | Fandom
File:NBC logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons

Today, it's announced that Cablevision-owned media company Rainbow Media and American broadcast network NBC would create a new partnership together which would see the two companies hold a equal stake in their operations. The new partnership, named NBC Rainbow, will each have a stake in their cable networks(American Movie Classics[AMC], Independent Film Channel[IFC], Women's Entertainment Television[WeTV], MSG Network, MuchMusic USA(rumored to be renamed next year unless I can pull of something between NBC Rainbow and CHUM Limited), the MSG Metro News networks on Cablevision's cable systems(set to become regional NBC News Networks and expanded nationwide), Cablevision's stake in the Fox Sports networks as well as NBC's cable networks(CNBC, MSNBC, Bravo, mun2), the NBC and recently acquired Telemundo broadcast networks, studios and other operations, including a planned satellite television service set to launch next year. This new partnership is being made in response to the recent announcement of a new partnership with Comcast, Sony Pictures Entertainment and Liberty Media.

kirbopher15

Kicked
RAINBOW COLORS UP NBC IN PARTNERSHIP DEAL, BOTH TO HAVE SHARE IN NETWORKS AND SATELLITE TV SERVICE
View attachment 820684View attachment 820685

Today, it's announced that Cablevision-owned media company Rainbow Media and American broadcast network NBC would create a new partnership together which would see the two companies hold an equal stake in their operations. The new partnership, named NBC Rainbow, will each have a stake in their cable networks(American Movie Classics[AMC], Independent Film Channel[IFC], Women's Entertainment Television[WeTV], MSG Network, MuchMusic USA(rumored to be renamed next year unless I can pull of something between NBC Rainbow and CHUM Limited), the MSG Metro News networks on Cablevision's cable systems(set to become regional NBC News Networks and expanded nationwide), Cablevision's stake in the Fox Sports networks as well as NBC's cable networks(CNBC, MSNBC, Bravo, mun2), the NBC and recently acquired Telemundo broadcast networks, studios and other operations, including a planned satellite television service set to launch next year. This new partnership is being made in response to the recent announcement of a new partnership with Comcast, Sony Pictures Entertainment and Liberty Media.
Pretty good

Playstation IS expanding into entertainment! I KNEW IT!!!!!!-(random nerdy basement dweller gaming forum member). SHUT THE #### UP(forum member's parents)/A Hint of What's to Come.......
RUMOR: Sony considering adapting numerous Playstation games and properties into forms ranging from films, to television series, to animations.

COULD SONY BE ADAPTING PLAYSTATION PROPERTIES?

Unknown magazine, late 2000.

Yes, the rumor has reached us that Sony could be preparing to adapt numerous Playstation properties into various forms of media, such as television series, cartoons, anime, movies and comics/manga.

However, if they were, which properties would get the treatment, considering how Wild Arms and Arc the Lad already has an anime adaptation and PaRappa the Rapper will be getting one of his one next year? We're choosing our top 5 picks!

#1: Gran Turismo
Gran Turismo, the Playstation's main racing franchise, a fun game, just like the others. Me, I'd like to see this as either a live-action film trilogy or a anime adaptation that's like Initial D. It has the potential to be the "racing" equivalent to The Matrix.

#2: Twisted Metal
Twisted Metal just has this sort of vibe that would be perfect for a Saturday morning cartoon........Or we could give it a movie trilogy.....If done right, it has the potential to be awesome!

#3: Legend of Legaia
Sure, this RPG might not be popular, but it could make for a decent 13-episode anime.

#4: Ape Escape
Ape Escape is a fun game series that would be perfect material for a Saturday morning cartoon with it's wacky premise, relatively simple plot, fn comedy and action and appeal towards younger audiences.

#5: Colony Wars
While Colony Wars may not be one of the most mainstream games, with it's great premise and atmosphere, I actually want this to be a anime, and from it's atmosphere and stuff, it would be perfect for the Toonami block on Cartoon Network.

And those are our top five picks for games we think would make fun adaptations if this rumor is true.
SONY CONFIRMS PLAYSTATION ADAPTATION RUMORS
Unknown gaming magazine

Yep. It's been confirmed. Sony has confirmed rumors that there are SOME PlayStation games getting adaptations as it was announced today. These will take the forms of films, television shows and animated adaptations.

However, we have come to conclusions that this may be a result of the recent partnership signed between Comcast, Sony and Liberty Media, and it's more than likely that any adaptation will air on either the upcoming SET entertainment, G4 gaming or Animax animation channels launching later this year.

Regardless, this should mark the new beginning of an new age of gaming adaptations.

MEANWHILE, AT SEGA & MICROSOFT:

Sega Exec:
Ok...........Check! This "Sonic Anime" is good. Let's have it rolled out for 2003!

Microsoft Exec:
Great! Should we do adaptations of our other properties because suddenly Sony seems to be so gung-ho on making them. But only problem, we don't have any animatio.........

Sega Exec:
Worry not! We have TMS Entertainment! We got Detective Conan, Lupin the Third, Monster Rancher, Magic Knight Rayearth, Hamtaro(which is coming to Disney Channel this fall), Anpanman and even FRICKING AKIRA!

Hell, I think we should start our own anime dubbing unit! Expand into entertainment a bit, how about it?

Bill Gates:
Bill Gates

You know, that's a great idea! I'll consider it!​

LMFAO THE THREADMARK TITLE
I KNOW RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I play video games and is a nerd, but I'm not a basement dweller(I'm in high school and actually has plans for my life. Just hope Disney will still be cranking out TV toon hit after hit!).

We haven’t heard much from the toonami crew in a while
OH!!!!

Toonami's still kickin' it as of 2002! Only shows they lost were Zoids and Hamtaro, both of which are on Disney Channel, well, the latter's premiering this Fall.

Inuyasha's also gonna be on Disney Channel, as well as basically any kid/youth/teen-friendly anime Viz has acquired to this point........

Except for Megaman, that's going to a new anime dubbing studio.......

So Viz brings Naruto stateside two years earlier, but I'm stuck whether or not to put it on Jetix, or Toonami, or even SLAM!

And Yu Yu Hakusho's coming to Toonami later this year.

I also have new TTL-exclusive anime coming soon, and more stuff coming to Toonami within the next few years!

Adult Swim is just getting started and is largely as is IOTL, except Baby Blues' second season, which actually airs(it was produced, but written off, here, they give it a chance). There's also other stuff from WBA, CNS and WB AMPT coming soon. AS won't air none of the Fox shows.

Also, Bleach's likely ending up on Animax.

Last edited:
Upcoming Rebrand
Soon, when we get to Fall 2002, this TL will be renamed and rebranded as Fox Kids' Second Chance due to.........FoxBox not existing.......

I might make it the teen block, but that'd MUCH more likely be a earlier version of Freeform unless I pull the right switcharoo...

Also, a REAL update will come either tonight or tomorrow showing that there's further trouble ahead at Splat Island(Nickelodeon)

Also, soon, a look at the 2 new family channels coming this Fall, Animax and Universal Family.

Animax has confirmed to be launching closer to the holiday season.

Maybe the foxbox can be a block of this new fox kids
Well, actually the Fox Kids brand itself begins it's transition exclusively to Fox Family(at least in the US) in 2002 while the Fox block, despite now being mandatory on ALL Fox stations, actually would switch to a ALL-ACTION focus to begin it's transition to TTL's version of Vortexx. In 2003, the block transitions fully to Fox Family with the remnants of the original incarnation completely discontinued in the Fall of 2004(this is where the Vortexx brand would take full effect).