TL-246: An Alternate World War Two and Beyond

Hello, welcome to TL-246. This is my own attempt at a graphics timeline comprised of maps and wikipedia infoboxes. My aim here is to not have much text but instead let the graphics tell the story. Without further ado, here is the first map.

ded2nk1-cdea5308-d60e-41ab-941a-12d58cfd54f0.png

The Soviet flag comes from here and was acquired under a CC3.0 license.

And now for the second map. This one could have had a little more work but I feel it gets the point across.

euro_invas-png.621068

The image of Noel Irwin comes from wikipedia and is distributed under CC4.0.

Interesting start. So the Axis defeat the Sovs on the Eastern Front but are sucked into a guerilla war in the East draining their economy, almost like an even greater version of the Sino-Japanese War (what happened there ITTL btw?). I assume the 1949 version of D-Day eventually leads to the Reich's defeat- no?
Anyhow, eagerly awaiting more.

By the way, why "TL-246?" Where'd the number 246 come from?

Interesting start. So the Axis defeat the Sovs on the Eastern Front but are sucked into a guerilla war in the East draining their economy, almost like an even greater version of the Sino-Japanese War (what happened there ITTL btw?). I assume the 1949 version of D-Day eventually leads to the Reich's defeat- no?
Anyhow, eagerly awaiting more.

By the way, why "TL-246?" Where'd the number 246 come from?
Yes that's all correct. I admit some of it is a bit implausible, but I am taking some poetic license to create what I hope is an interesting world. I'm not going to spoil what happens in China because that will be covered in a future map.

The story behind the 246 is complicated. Essentially this idea grew out of an idea for a world where Stalin dies in 1941 at the same time. Though that is not the POD here, Stalin's death is central to the story so the number comes from the box office proceeds of the movie 'The Death of Stalin'.

interesting timeline, I hope you can take it back
Thanks, I started a full-time job back in February and have only been working sporadically on this since then. I actually have most of a map of Europe done and just need to do the legend for it. That might be out within the next month. Future updates might be less map-focused but I plan on continuing it.

Why are the Soviets trying to resettle CCP members (apparently) in Hungary, Slovakia, and Ukraine...?
IC the reason is that China and Korea have no use for these people and essentially want to get rid of them. The Soviets want people to repopulate lands devastated by half a decade of Nazi occupation and genocide. OOC the reason is that this idea occurred to me at some point vaguely based off OTL proposals and I thought it was interesting.

How did they even have the manpower to make it that far? How do they garrison it? This seems simply to unbelievable.

Not considering that the locals will not be happy to become part of the URSS (principal reason that Stalin avoided this like hell in OTL) add the resettlement of people and you have a much larger insurgency in eastern europe of OTL. Add the fact that yes, it's hard to believe that the Soviet, after a civil war, were in any shape to achieve that result.

Not considering that the locals will not be happy to become part of the URSS (principal reason that Stalin avoided this like hell in OTL) add the resettlement of people and you have a much larger insurgency in eastern europe of OTL. Add the fact that yes, it's hard to believe that the Soviet, after a civil war, were in any shape to achieve that result.
How did they even have the manpower to make it that far? How do they garrison it? This seems simply to unbelievable.
Yes, I will admit that this is not totally plausible. I'll also add that the heavy lifting for the war was done by hordes of Brazilians, Mexicans, and Turks while the US contributed even more men than OTL. Fighting on the Eastern Front by the late 40s is essentially just armed bands and instead of nations these are more armies with countries. The Soviets will face insurgencies, though years of German genocide have taken a toll.

So basically, yes, this is implausible and I'll be keeping it, though the Soviets will be comparatively weaker after WW2.