TL-191: Yankee Joe - Uniforms, Weapons, and Vehicles of the U.S. Armed Forces

Union Small Arms of the Great War

M1A1 1915 W.A.R Winchester Automatic Rifle

Alt W.A.R. Winchester Automatic Rifle  (Charlton Automatic Rifle).png

When first submitted to the US Army in 1911 the W.A.R. (nicknamed the "War Gun") was rejected for being too unconventional and for concern that it's users would waste large amounts of ammo unnecessarily but a year after the beginning of the Great War the Army went back to Winchester and placed an order for 50.000 guns, the order was tripled the following year.

The W.A.R. was first issued to Union Shock Troops (the US version of Germany's Storm Troopers), US Marines and was also issued to the newly formed Army Paratrooper Corps in 1917.
Imperial Germany purchased the licensing rights to W.A.R. and converted it to 7.92mm. The Germans dubbed the war gun Der Sturmgewehr 1916 or STG-16 for short.

Colt M1A1 1916 Devastator
AH=Colt M1A1916-lrg+.png

The world's first submachine gun the Devastator was Colt's response to the US Army's call for small arms with increased firepower, the Devastator was conceived designed and adopted by the Army in just a little over a year.
Chambered in 45 ACP the Devastator was a potent and compact weapon but it did suffer from jamming and stoppages if not kept clean for prolong periods of time.
Germany also adopted the Devastator and designated it the MP-16 but chambered their version in 9mm.

Some alternate guns for an alternate timeline of an alternate timeline.

Union Small Arms of the Great War

M1A1 1915 W.A.R Winchester Automatic Rifle

Alt W.A.R. Winchester Automatic Rifle  (Charlton Automatic Rifle).png

When first submitted to the US Army in 1911 the W.A.R. (nicknamed the "War Gun") was rejected for being too unconventional and for concern that it's users would waste large amounts of ammo unnecessarily but a year after the beginning of the Great War the Army went back to Winchester and placed an order for 50.000 guns, the order was tripled the following year.

The W.A.R. was first issued to Union Shock Troops (the US version of Germany's Storm Troopers), US Marines and was also issued to the newly formed Army Paratrooper Corps in 1917.
Imperial Germany purchased the licensing rights to W.A.R. and converted it to 7.92mm. The Germans dubbed the war gun Der Sturmgewehr 1916 or STG-16 for short.
Looks like a prototype of an assault rifle

Alright boys, we talked about Early U.S Paratrooper of how they could has Happened and Developed in Tl-191,.
Now after they're first Mission or two, What will the World reaction be? Reb, Canadian, Brit and German Command will act After "These Flying Mens of Sky".
Will Union troops and CP army have a Boost Morale while the Nuts and Allies be lowered?
What will the Public reaction be of Paratroopers by Then was mnly seen as Fantasy.
Finally with an earlier Military Airborne, will Paratroopers be more Advanced than OTl at the Time of the SGW and beyond?

Alright boys, we talked about Early U.S Paratrooper of how they could has Happened and Developed in Tl-191,.
Now after they're first Mission or two, What will the World reaction be? Reb, Canadian, Brit and German Command will act After "These Flying Mens of Sky".
Will Union troops and CP army have a Boost Morale while the Nuts and Allies be lowered?
What will the Public reaction be of Paratroopers by Then was mnly seen as Fantasy.
Finally with an earlier Military Airborne, will Paratroopers be more Advanced than OTl at the Time of the SGW and beyond?
The Germans will definitely follow suit and have observers assigned to the US paratrooper units.
Britain and most likely the CSA will follow suit as well.

The state of SGW paras should be more advanced as far as their weapons are concerned, how much more advanced their tactics would be is harder to say, it depends on how much action they see and how far sighted their officers are.

Question might we see helicopters earlier in use with paras in the SGW?

Quite frankly I’m not convinced the USA could make good use of paratroops during the First Great War for the obvious reason that - until the ‘Barrel Roll’ there’s no reliable way to achieve a breakthrough of the sort required to link up with paratroop formations before the enemy crushes them in detail.

REMEMBER ARNHEIM (and that was during the Second World War).

Quite frankly I’m not convinced the USA could make good use of paratroops during the First Great War for the obvious reason that - until the ‘Barrel Roll’ there’s no reliable way to achieve a breakthrough of the sort required to link up with paratroop formations before the enemy crushes them in detail.

REMEMBER ARNHEIM (and that was during the Second World War).
Large scale use no, but Italy used Paratroopers in OTL WWI, mostly as a way to insert scouts and saboteurs behind enemy lines who would infiltrate back to friendly lines. So that is still a go, easier with thinner lines, possibly instead of individuals small teams

Aah, now that's a fair point; while I'm still not sure that the United States, with all the vast spaces of North America and the added advantage of sharing a language with it's enemies, would be under the same pressures as Italy to find some alternative to transversing the Alps and other dangerous bottlenecks in order to get at the enemy (or get by the enemy), that does seem the most plausible use of paratroops during the Great War.

We talked about Tl191 U.S Uniform, Equipment etc.
But I wonder something that Would be Interesting for this Thread
What if OTL US Soldiers meet the Tl191 US soldiers like with Encounters and they Reaction to each other.

First Scenario, the OTL encounter Tl191 American In the WW1.
This will be interesting with how German they are and even look like German dresses.

Second Scenario is Second World War encounter, this might be Deadly with the OTL U.S have same uniform with the Reb.

But if it’s turned into a Battlefield, Who will win? OTL U.S military or Tl191 U.S?
If it doesn’t turn into a War zone.
they will Confused about, how surprised they are with each other and How will their Conversation will be?

It be Interesting to watch 😁

Last edited:

Pangur

Donor
What if OTL US Soldiers meet the Tl191 US soldiers like with Encounters and they Reaction to each other.

This will be interesting with how German they are and even look like German dresses.

Second Scenario is Second World War encounter, this might be Deadly with the OTL U.S have same uniform with the Reb.

But if it’s turned into a Battlefield, Who will win? OTL U.S military or Tl191 U.S?
If it doesn’t turn into a War zone. they will Confused about, how surprised they are with each other and How will their Conversation will be like?
In which TL, OTL or TL191?

If it doesn’t turn into a War zone. they will Confused about, how surprised they are with each other and How will their Conversation will be like?
In a WWI scenario things would be so odd to both sides that confusion might lead both sides to be cautious and try to figure out what the hell is going on.
In a WWII scenario both sides appear to be the enemy and a full on firefight might ensue before either side can figure out what's going on.

As to who would win? I think most things might be even in a WWI scenario but then again we have discussed how the Union is more paranoid about it's neighbors and more militarily prepared for war than OTL US troops.
In a WWII scenario I got the impression that OTL US soldiers were better armed than TL-191 Union Soldiers were.

So IMO TL-191 Union beats OTL US in WWI and OTL US beats TL-191 Union in WWII.

I would see something like this:
View attachment 734900
Just kidding :openedeyewink:
Kind more Tragedy like this
As to who would win? I think most things might be even in a WWI scenario but then again we have discussed how the Union is more paranoid about it's neighbors and more militarily prepared for war than OTL US troops.
In a WWII scenario I got the impression that OTL US soldiers were better armed than TL-191 Union Soldiers were.

So IMO TL-191 Union beats OTL US in WWI and OTL US beats TL-191 Union in WWII.
Yeah Equipment and Arms is Important as well, but their one thing that the WW1 Americans have never

Extra Combat Experience and better Morales.

Tl191 Soldier know how to shoot, fought like hell and better Motivation than OTL troops.

No disrespect with Otl troops, but The vast majority of them don't seem combat.
They been fighting only seen Six of Months Well Tl191 have been fighting for 3 long hellish years.
Plus they have Better Motivation to fight than Otl counterpart.
Would you fought your hometown and saved Family from Southern Traitor or some Huns who faraway from Country beside "Make the World for safe Democracy"

So if WW1 U.S soldier's fight, I would said that Tl191 will win this Battle.

WW2 is a bit more tricky than WW1 one.
Both have fought for Four years, so they would have more less equal Battle Experience.
So I Don't know who will win ?

Last edited:
Kind more Tragedy like this

Yeah Equipment and Arms is Important as well, but their one thing that the WW1 Americans have never

Extra Combat Experience and better Morales.

Tl191 Soldier know how to shoot, fought like hell and better Motivation than OTL troops.

No disrespect with Otl troops, but The vast majority of them don't seem combat.
They been fighting only seen Six of Months Well Tl191 have been fighting for 3 long hellish years.
Plus they have Better Motivation to fight than Otl counterpart.
Would you fought your hometown and saved Family from Southern Traitor or some Huns who faraway from Country beside "Make the World for safe Democracy"

So if WW1 U.S soldier's fight, I would said that Tl191 will win this Battle.

WW2 is a bit more tricky than WW1 one.
Both have fought for Four years, so they would have more less equal Battle Experience.
So I Don't know who will win ?
Well a battle between them immediately doesn't make sense. I think they would try to communicate first.