TL-191: Yankee Joe - Uniforms, Weapons, and Vehicles of the U.S. Armed Forces

M7 GMC.png

Here's my take on the alt-M7 concept.

Possibly as a camoflauge type. And also for historical parallelism as a call back to the Civil War. What colors do the Yankees use by the for GW2 as mentioned by the books? I know it's feldgrau with emphasis on green like the one in the image for GWI.

Last edited:
_tl_191__union_military_uniforms_pt__3_by_marlowski_ded2wgb-fullview.jpg

Two more Union Army Soldiers from during the Second Great War.

The soldier to the left is a Corporal of the 4th Infantry Division from during the Battle of Pittsburgh, circa December of 1942.
His kit includes:
M1938 Battle Dress Uniform
M1910 Web Gear
M1940 Steel Helmet - With Winter Helmet Cover
M1936 Protective Respirator with carry case
M1922 Marching Boots
M1928 Overcoat
Wool Knit Cap aka the Jeep Cap worn underneath the helmet
Wool Gloves
Tredegar M1937 Battle Rifle

Meanwhile, the soldier on the right is a Barrel Crewman from the 2nd Armored Division during the Battle of Chattanooga.
His kit includes:
M1938 Barrel Uniform and Jacket
M1932 Barrelman Pistol Holster
M1922 Marching Boots
M1911A1 Pistol
M1938 Barrelman Helmet and Goggles

Credits goes to @cortz#9 for his Tredegar Rifle interpretation.

Possibly as a camoflauge type. And also for historical parallelism as a call back to the Civil War. What colors do the Yankees use by the for GW2 as mentioned by the books? I know it's feldgrau with emphasis on green like the one in the image for GWI.
The Union Uniform Color is consistently described as "Moss Green" throughout the books.
As for Camo, not sure if the Union ever issues a camo uniform ala the Freedom Party Guards, and in any case blue isn't exactly a "blending in" color in a land campaign.

The soldier to the left is a Corporal of the 4th Infantry Division from during the Battle of Pittsburgh, circa December of 1942.
His kit includes:
M1910 Web Gear
M1922 Marching Boots
M1928 Overcoat
Wool Gloves

Meanwhile, the soldier on the right is a Barrel Crewman from the 2nd Armored Division during the Battle of Chattanooga.
His kit includes:
M1922 Marching Boots
M1911A1 Pistol

A good take, but on the tank crewman, I think he'd wear less cumbersome boots.

Good one. Are US paratroopers next on your list?

His kit includes:
M1910 Web Gear
M1922 Marching Boots
M1928 Overcoat
Wool Gloves

His kit includes:
M1922 Marching Boots
M1911A1 Pistol

Even with a large amount of German influence on US military technology and equipment, i really don’t think the US would wear German style jackboots. They would have definitely used a less bulky, laced design, such as the field shoe or even something like jump boots.

Even with a large amount of German influence on US military technology and equipment, i really don’t think the US would wear German style jackboots. They would have definitely used a less bulky, laced design, such as the field shoe or even something like jump boots.
what makes you say that? the US Military issued that style of boot during the Civil War to Cavalry and Artillery personnel, and Police officers wear them to this day.

The US issued riding boots, not jackboots, and the only ones who have ever worn them in US service are cavalry and horse artillery, and armor wore them in dress uniforms up until right after the Second World War. US infantry have always worn some sort of lace up boot, and I don’t think that German influence would have had that much of an effect to make the US infantry make that drastic of a change.

_tl_191__union_military_uniforms_pt__4_by_marlowski_dedp4l0-fullview.jpg

Here we have here a couple more of Union Military soldiers.

The first man is a pilot from the US Air Force, while the second man is a Paratrooper from the 101st Airborne Division from the Battle of Chattanooga.
The Paratrooper's equipment is as follows:

Camouflaged M1943 Battle Dress Uniform
M1910 Web Gear
M1942 Steel Helmet with Camouflage Paint
M1942 Lightweight Gas Mask with carry case
M1941 Jump Boots
M1941 Carbine
M2 Fighting Knife

A head view of a US Army soldier, in which he is wearing a M1938 Garrison Cap. Above him, is another cap being the M1943 Patrol Cap.