TL-191: Yankee Joe - Uniforms, Weapons, and Vehicles of the U.S. Armed Forces

"Sky Shark" Mk-II.

View attachment 491255

My take on Soundwave3591's Sky Shark but with a Daimler Benz DB-605A-1 engine and a slightly narrower fuselage and an armament of 4x20mm cannons in the wings and 2x50 cal. MG's and 1x20mm cannon in the nose. My thinking here is that the US in TL-191 makes a license built version of the Daimler Benz engine and uses similar weapons in their aircraft as the Germans do.

Curtis  P40-with  Daimler-Benz DB 605A-1_+.jpg

Thanks to Soundwave3591 for letting me play with his idea.

Last edited:
Great work! You would still have Pratt and Whitney or Wright making radial engines-especially for the USN's carrier aircraft, and for certain AAF birds like a B-29 analog, the B-17, B-24, etc.

Great work! You would still have Pratt and Whitney or Wright making radial engines-especially for the USN's carrier aircraft, and for certain AAF birds like a B-29 analog, the B-17, B-24, etc.
Thanks and I fully agree with you about Pratt and Whitney, the Germans also mostly used radial engines in their bombers and inline engines in their fighters but their were exceptions in both cases.

Random thought Idea, what if a volunteer unit of Yankees fought in the Kaiser's army?

like, folks who had family in the CSA and couldn't stomach fighting them, but were still loyal to the US or its cause?

Call 'em the "Von Steuben Division" or something.

thoughts?

Random thought Idea, what if a volunteer unit of Yankees fought in the Kaiser's army?

like, folks who had family in the CSA and couldn't stomach fighting them, but were still loyal to the US or its cause?

thoughts?
I could see something like that happening.

thoughts?

Possible, but I don't think those people would have much choice--Conscientious Objectors would get funneled into the medical corps or other non-combat position, or those deemed unreliable against the CS only would get funneled into the forces fighting Canada or the British elsewhere.

The fact that the US is at war with the CS at the same times that Germany is at war with its neighbors means there's also not much room for an Eagle Squadron-like phenomenon...except for one possibility: Jews of German or Polish descent who volunteer to fight with the Bolsheviks against the Whites in the Russian Civil War. IOTL, German Jews were one of the most militantly anti-Entente forces in the US. ITTL, all their loathing of the Russian Empire (well-earned) will get stoked by official government policy, and I can actually see a division of Jewish veterans from the US volunteer to help prop up the breakaway states the Germans put up in the Russian Empire's carcass.

Otherwise, anyone inclined to fight with Germany would already have a chance to fight the Entente when the US is at war.

How about this: A division made up of Americans who were stuck in Germany at the outbreak of war? Apart from the Bermuda garrison hit by a British amphib landing-and the Marines and soldiers who retook the place, they would be the only Americans who saw combat on the ground against the British (and/or the French).

Another possibility: A USN warship is visiting a German colony (Say, German East Africa) at the start of either GW I or II. The ship (likely a cruiser) might get its licks in against the British or French, but gets bottled up a la SMS Konigsberg OTL, and is either sunk or forced to scuttle. The crew is then attached to the German Colonial Forces-in East Africa, that's Paul von Lettow-Vorbeck's command in GW I, and fights on land or the African lakes until the end of the war.

Theres also the Massachusetts State Police
1550964862.jpg

I like these kinds of uniforms for the United States in TL-191, either in Law Enforcement or for Military Police. Aesthetics wise, it lends itself very well to visualizing what kind of a place the United States is in this world. Its also a uniquely American look for those not wanting so much German influence in the US uniform, but still want that sharp "intimidation" factor in.

I like these kinds of uniforms for the United States in TL-191, either in Law Enforcement or for Military Police. Aesthetics wise, it lends itself very well to visualizing what kind of a place the United States is in this world. Its also a uniquely American look for those not wanting so much German influence in the US uniform, but still want that sharp "intimidation" factor in.
I could definitely see some type of "Army Intelligence" agency dressing in a Jersey & Massachusetts styled uniformed with a feldgendarmerie styled chain thrown in for good measure. While the military police would probably have a more Rhode Island styled uniform but more camouflaged and since they'd be more likely to enter combat.

Maybe throw in elements of Rochester Police.
Dress-Uniform.jpg