TL-191: Yankee Joe - Uniforms, Weapons, and Vehicles of the U.S. Armed Forces

The turret is from an SdKfz. 234 armour car and yeah, I think I can add a larger turret.

Love the fact that we're sticking to the term "keg" to describe the light tanks now. Would still be considered a keg then even with a heavier gun and a slight armor increase?

Love the fact that we're sticking to the term "keg" to describe the light tanks now. Would still be considered a keg then even with a heavier gun and a slight armor increase?
Maybe, depends on what I put on it. Might not be air-drop-able anymore though.

So, here are all the descriptions of the Wright 27 I found in The Victorious Opposition

"Those lean, low-winged shapes..."

"Two machine guns on this side of the mount fired through the prop; Moss assumed there were two more on the far side."

"... setting an affectionate hand on the blue-painted aluminum skin of the wing."

"The Wright 27 had a closed cockpit..."

"He jerked when Finley rapped on the think-armored?-glass with his knuckles."

"Looks like a shark with wings. All you'd have to do would be to paint eyes and mouth full of with on the front end."

So, here are all the descriptions of the Wright 27 I found in The Victorious Opposition

"Two machine guns on this side of the mount fired through the prop; Moss assumed there were two more on the far side."

"... setting an affectionate hand on the blue-painted aluminum skin of the wing."

"Looks like a shark with wings. All you'd have to do would be to paint eyes and mouth full of with on the front end."
Sounds like an early model Me-109 to me.

messerschmitt-bf-109-1935-germany.gif

Up gunned Keg (needs a name) now armed with a 75 mm gun.

Keg M25 =T-34_76 1943+.png

Used a turret from an early model T-34-76 and this would still be a light tank or barrel, a keg in other words and still air drop-able I would say.

Last edited:
Where do you get these blank templates of tanks and planes, cortz#9?
I mostly get them from Yahoo and Bing Image search sites but also on Pinterest and various other sites that feature military equipment.
Just type in the what is you want like say, Tiger tank line drawing or blueprints and you should get some good pics but if you look for lesser known vehicles or aircraft like experimental or prototypes that never went into mass production you might have to search a little harder but try Bing and Yahoo first they're a pretty good source.

Last edited:
Up gunned Keg (needs a name) now armed with a 75 mm gun.

View attachment 453369

Used a turret from an early model T-34-76 and this would still be a light tank or barrel, a keg in other words and still air drop-able I would say.
I went back and posted a better design on post #686.

Yeah, really liking this one now too! You even added an additional .50 cal. The upgraded gun should give it some decent stopping power then. I'm actually kind of curious as to the purpose of this tank. You've mentioned twice that you wanted this particular one to be air-droppable. Care to elaborate a bit more on that?

Sounds like an early model Me-109 to me.

View attachment 453358

Had no idea early Me-109s only had 2 MGs in the nose. Would this be the only plane with this kind of description? I feel like this might be based off at least a few other planes, but the descriptions are so vague for me that I can't get a read on them.

Yeah, really liking this one now too! You even added an additional .50 cal. The upgraded gun should give it some decent stopping power then. I'm actually kind of curious as to the purpose of this tank. You've mentioned twice that you wanted this particular one to be air-droppable. Care to elaborate a bit more on that?
Its meant to be dropped with paratroopers in airborne operations for some armour support.

Had no idea early Me-109s only had 2 MGs in the nose. Would this be the only plane with this kind of description? I feel like this might be based off at least a few other planes, but the descriptions are so vague for me that I can't get a read on them.
For the early WWII period, the Me-109 and the P-40 come closest to the description given.

Oh! A topic I've actually done work for! For the past couple months I've been working on my own TL-191 interpretation and did several of the early aircraft designs for the series. My Wright is roughly based on the fan design on the Turtledove wiki modeled after the XP-60C, although this is closer in almost all other ways to the P-40:

dd2gnwb-78602cfc-ea4a-4b9e-ac71-5e61d6e329e0.png

I took some liberties with the designation (Wright-27 doesn't make much sense outside of an arbitrary RLM-style system) and insignia (I use the OTL roundel instead of the crossed sword eagle), with the rest fitting into my own "fill in the gaps" style timeline.

Oh! A topic I've actually done work for! For the past couple months I've been working on my own TL-191 interpretation and did several of the early aircraft designs for the series. My Wright is roughly based on the fan design on the Turtledove wiki modeled after the XP-60C, although this is closer in almost all other ways to the P-40:

dd2gnwb-78602cfc-ea4a-4b9e-ac71-5e61d6e329e0.png

I took some liberties with the designation (Wright-27 doesn't make much sense outside of an arbitrary RLM-style system) and insignia (I use the OTL roundel instead of the crossed sword eagle), with the rest fitting into my own "fill in the gaps" style timeline.
Cool design, looks like a P-40 and an AM6 Zero had a kid.
You should post this and any other alternate aircraft designs you've done over on the Alternate Combat Aircraft thread. Here's a link.
https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/alternate-history-combat-aircraft.457446/

Cool design, looks like a P-40 and an AM6 Zero had a kid.
You should post this and any other alternate aircraft designs you've done over on the Alternate Combat Aircraft thread. Here's a link.
https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/alternate-history-combat-aircraft.457446/
Zero had, like all Japanese aircraft, "metal" armor (why quote-unquote ? Well, because it was actually cardboard or paper or somethin' else).

So well... nice try, but it will be easily shot down if it's mix of P-40 (nice Warhawkboi of 'Murican-style democracy, that's plus) and Zero (Weeaboos' beloved WW2 plane, that's f*ck-metric-ton of cons).

It always seemed to remind me of the P-40, especially the ones that were used by the Flying Tigers
Because of the description of the of the mouth and eyes right? Could be but the description of the two MG's in the nose and one in each wing made me think Me-109, they both have razorback fuselages so maybe a cross between the two?

Because of the description of the of the mouth and eyes right? Could be but the description of the two MG's in the nose and one in each wing made me think Me-109, they both have razorback fuselages so maybe a cross between the two?

He says ‘two machine guns on this side fire though the prop,’ implying that there are actually four nose-mounted MGs and none on the wings (a la post-war jets).

Nose must be a bit chunky to carry ammo for four guns.

Wings, conversely, would be given over only to landing gear and fuel tanks, I guess. Or they’re really thin and delicate by warplane standards—Wright, I guess, is not going for an ‘Ironworks’ reputation.

The comparison to a shark also suggests something like Me-109 to me.