TL-191: Yankee Joe - Uniforms, Weapons, and Vehicles of the U.S. Armed Forces

You know the T-14 Assault Tank from WW2 wouldn't look that far out of place during the later stages of the Second Great War. When the Union would finally be able to afford introducing new medium tanks instead of just upgrading the pre existing Custer.
dd93d55f348c82cbd3572b8a8bbb656e.jpg

You know the T-14 Assault Tank from WW2 wouldn't look that far out of place during the later stages of the Second Great War. When the Union would finally be able to afford introducing new medium tanks instead of just upgrading the pre existing Custer.
dd93d55f348c82cbd3572b8a8bbb656e.jpg
If they could mount a bigger gun than a 75mm on that, I would classify it as a heavy barrel.

If they could mount a bigger gun than a 75mm on that, I would classify it as a heavy barrel.

Well, the KV-1 used a 76mm, and its a heavy. :p

A T-14 would be a heavy infantry tank, like the Churchill series. Mounting a gun in the 75mm region for infantry support, and heavily armored so it could withstand enemy fire while accompanying the infantry at their own pace.

I have a feeling most military units in states neighboring Utah would be geared more towards crushing civilian insurgents and rebels instead of fighting a dedicated enemy force like the Confederacy. The same for the majority of states neighboring former Canada during the interwar years. Think armored cars and mortars instead of artillery and barrels.

I have a feeling most military units in states neighboring Utah would be geared more towards crushing civilian insurgents and rebels instead of fighting a dedicated enemy force like the Confederacy. The same for the majority of states neighboring former Canada during the interwar years. Think armored cars and mortars instead of artillery and barrels.

Not necessarily. They already have occupation troops in existence, stationed throughout those places. Besides which, barrels would be in their own units, ans any infantry unit worth the name has mortars. Armored car would, thougj, be something you would see a lot of in those occupied areas. Like the WWII "cavalry groups", of the US, which were made up pretty much of armored cars and jeels with whatever you could pack into them.

B20 "Jayhawker" successor to the B19 Havoc (page 8).

View attachment 451240

This looks unique! What kind of design is this?

So since this is a successor to the Havoc, we seeing this in a similar role as the Havoc then? I'm really interested in the way you designed this one. So there are three engines here, like an Italian plane, but they are arranged very differently. There two cockpits, or at least one that supports a cannon of large caliber, possibly for ground attack.

A very interesting design here! Would love to get more of your thoughts on it!

This looks unique! What kind of design is this?

So since this is a successor to the Havoc, we seeing this in a similar role as the Havoc then? I'm really interested in the way you designed this one. So there are three engines here, like an Italian plane, but they are arranged very differently. There two cockpits, or at least one that supports a cannon of large caliber, possibly for ground attack.

A very interesting design here! Would love to get more of your thoughts on it!
Well if you go look at the B19 on page 8 you'll see that I replaced the cockpit with a third engine and I made all the props twin-props. The nacelle on the left wing now holds the pilot, the nacelle on the right wing holds a gunner/co-pilot who can take the controls if the pilot is wounded, killed or just needs a break.

The plane is now much more aerodynamic with the removal of the central cockpit and the redesigned tail and the plane now has more than twice the horsepower than the B19. Like the B19 the Jayhawker is a naval plane and its prime mission is naval recon and anti-shipping duty, its primary target are Confederate subs. The Jayhawker is armed with a 3.7cm cannon in the right nacelle and eight 50 cal MGs, and can carry 3000 Lbs. of bombs or two depth charges.

The OTL version of this plane is the Aircuda which had two pusher props, one in each wing. The Aircuda did not see a lot of action IOTL, I imagine the B19 & B20 seeing a lot of action throughout the war.

Last edited:
Well if you go look at the B19 on page 8 you'll see that I replaced the cockpit with a third engine and I made all the props twin-props. The nacelle on the left wing now holds the pilot, the nacelle on the right wing holds a gunner/co-pilot who can take the controls if the pilot is wounded, killed or just needs a break.

The plane is now much more aerodynamic with the removal of the central cockpit and the redesigned tail and the plane now has more than twice the horsepower than the B19. Like the B19 the Jayhawker is a naval plane and its prime mission is naval recon and anti-shipping duty, its primary target are Confederate subs. The Jayhawker is armed with a 3.7cm cannon in the right nacelle and eight 50 cal MGs, and can carry 3000 Lbs. of bombs or two depth charges.

The OTL version of this plane is the Aircuda which had two pusher props, one in each wing. The Aircuda did not see a lot of action IOTL, I imagine the B19 & B20 seeing a lot of action throughout the war.

Gotcha! Now I understand! I saw the differences compared to the previous and they are pretty noticeable! Pretty cool change up here I like the more unique designs like that!

@Undeadmuffin - Hope you don't mind me putting this here too. I thought it'd also be a nice fit for an alternate Thompson for TL-191.

Tommy.png

A simplified Thompson with a folding stock and a vertical fore-grip where you insert the magazine.

At the end of WW2, both General motors and Auto-ordnance Company answered to the US tender for a new submachine gun: the Grease gun for GM and the M1947 Thompson for Auto-ordnance Company.
The Grease gun (OTL m3 sub) was finnaly rejected when the M2 Thompson was found to have an higher accuracy.
While at first barreled for .45, the M2 was finnaly re-chambered for 9mm para when it was found to give it superior range and accuracy. The M1947 Thompson would make its name in Korea but mostly in Vietnam, with the teething issues of the M-16, its sturdiness and reliability would give it an almost mythical status.

(as indicated, all the bases used were made by Darth Panda)

Makes me think it's a late war or postwar one. Probably with a 75mm gun.
The gun IOTL was a 5.5 cm which is close to 6 mm which several barrels on both sides of TL-191 are armed with. Let's say it's a late war design but with an auto-cannon.
It should have a bigger gun though now that I think about it.

A new Union Keg (light barrel) design.

View attachment 453314

The gun IOTL was a 5.5 cm which is close to 6 mm which several barrels on both sides of TL-191 are armed with. Let's say it's a late war design but with an auto-cannon.
It should have a bigger gun though now that I think about it.

Sweet, this one looks cool. Essentially the M24 Chaffee hull with a custom turret design right? Looks like from one of the earlier tanks you made. You think can be outfitted with a bigger gun and more armor?

Sweet, this one looks cool. Essentially the M24 Chaffee hull with a custom turret design right? Looks like from one of the earlier tanks you made. You think can be outfitted with a bigger gun and more armor?
The turret is from an SdKfz. 234 armour car and yeah, I think I can add a larger turret.