TL-191: Yankee Joe - Uniforms, Weapons, and Vehicles of the U.S. Armed Forces

Hm. Not so much the Feldgendarmerie I think, they're more like military police in times of war and regular police in times of peace. They'd mostly served in occupied regions for security.

However, Austria's Evidenzbureau and Prussia's Geheimpolizei are more relevant places for inspiration and sources for training, since both deal with intelligence gathering, counter-espionage, and national internal security.

True. I could see the United States Military Police taking notes from their counterparts in the Fledgendarmies and even adopting similar uniforms with the neck chain.
593502-ww2-german-military-field-police.jpeg

Though they mainly saw action in holding down the Canadian and Confederate boarder territories during the interwar and second great war. Where they earned a brutal reputation for crushing dissidents and hunting down suspected rebels.

True. I could see the United States Military Police taking notes from their counterparts in the Fledgendarmies and even adopting similar uniforms with the neck chain.
593502-ww2-german-military-field-police.jpeg

Though they mainly saw action in holding down the Canadian and Confederate boarder territories during the interwar and second great war. Where they earned a brutal reputation for crushing dissidents and hunting down suspected rebels.
I wonder if the Canadians would call them "chain-dogs like the peoples of occupied Europe called the German military police IOTL.

I having a feeling that the MP's tended to be the ones that delt with deserters or make sure that the enlisted men would charge enemy positions.

What, you mean like NKVD blocking detachments from the Eastern Front in our timeline? Also, do you mean that US MPs would be used in this capacity or that the Germans used them in this capacity?

What, you mean like NKVD blocking detachments from the Eastern Front in our timeline? Also, do you mean that US MPs would be used in this capacity or that the Germans used them in this capacity?
The United States MP's would have NKVD styled blocking detachments during the war, especially in regards to penal troops.

You're more likely to see the Freedom Party Guards forming Blocking Detachments on the Confederate side than any kind of such thing in the U.S. Army.

You're more likely to see the Freedom Party Guards forming Blocking Detachments on the Confederate side than any kind of such thing in the U.S. Army.

Yeah. Especially because of the institutions and administration in place in the South during this time. I think even in the Civil War the Confederates had a similar thing in place, where they would try to catch deserters, but maybe that was more of a late war thing.

Was thinking that the TL-191 Union Thompson Submachine gun would have some noticeable differences from its original timeline counterpart, during the Second Great War era. Mainly following operation Blackbeard and the Confederate drive through Ohio the Union military realized they were going to have to crank out has many Machine Pistols has they, only with them instead deciding to modify a tried and proven, pre existing design. Leading to the Second Great War Thompson to look like a cross between its original timeline self and the MP41, being mostly Stamped metal with some wooden bits.

Was thinking that the TL-191 Union Thompson Submachine gun would have some noticeable differences from its original timeline counterpart, during the Second Great War era. Mainly following operation Blackbeard and the Confederate drive through Ohio the Union military realized they were going to have to crank out has many Machine Pistols has they, only with them instead deciding to modify a tried and proven, pre existing design. Leading to the Second Great War Thompson to look like a cross between its original timeline self and the MP41, being mostly Stamped metal with some wooden bits.
Maybe something like this? Late war Thompson variant with stamped parts and wood stock from an MP-18 and a barrel shroud from a PPSH-41.

_tommy_m1928a1.jpg

That would work.

Another possible variant could be a Thompson with a folding metal stock and either bannan or drum magazine.
There was a 9mm Thompson that came with a banana clip. I think they were supposed to go to the British but they were never put into production.

Any chance thos could be an actual variant of the Thompson in TL-191.
latest

<snip>
That's pretty cool, looks like it fires a bigger bullet than 45 ACP.
Reminds me of a diesel-punk Thompson assault rifle paintball gun I designed a few years back.

#BT_III.png

Still trying to save up to buy and make the parts to build this marker.

Any consensus yet on what the basic American infantryman looks like? I plan on ordering some German infantry models to make some Yankee Joes, and I’m wondering what bits of kit can be used to differentiate them from the OTL Wehrmacht.