TL-191: What did Germany get?

In TL-191, what did Germany get from France (and others) for being on the winning side in both Great Wars?

In TL-191, what did Germany get from France (and others) for being on the winning side in both Great Wars?

IIRC post Great War they annexed all of Alsace-Lorraine, Luxembourg, and occupied Belgium as a quasi-puppet state. They also got the Belgian Congo and presumably a few other African colonies.

In Eastern Europe they established a buffer zone between themselves in Russia with a Kingdom of Poland, Kingdom of Ukraine, and I think a Baltic Kingdom.

As to what they got after the Second Great War, no idea. The series ends.

IIRC post Great War they annexed all of Alsace-Lorraine, Luxembourg, and occupied Belgium as a quasi-puppet state. They also got the Belgian Congo and presumably a few other African colonies.

In Eastern Europe they established a buffer zone between themselves in Russia with a Kingdom of Poland, Kingdom of Ukraine, and I think a Baltic Kingdom.

As to what they got after the Second Great War, no idea. The series ends.

Wasn't Alsace-Lorraine already annexed by Germany?:confused:

France-political-map.gif

Looking at this OTL map, maybe Germany would have taken Champagne-Ardenne or Franche-Comte post-GW2 since they're right next to Alsace-Lorraine?

ZGradt

Banned
Looking at this OTL map, maybe Germany would have taken Champagne-Ardenne or Franche-Comte post-GW2 since they're right next to Alsace-Lorraine?

Depends on the general mood of the populace and the government. Franche-Comte and Champagne-Ardenne are most likely possibilities.

Belgium is a less likely, but somewhat plausible option as well. It depends on whether Germany just says "screw subtlety" and annex it outright since it already has a puppet government controlling it.

Other options is to turn Latvia and Lithuania into Courland and annex them. So long as the Lithuanians and Latvians are somewhat okay with the situation, it won't be a big deal for them. Plus, not much Catholics to worry about since Latvia and Lithuania are Lutheran.

Depends on the general mood of the populace and the government.

In TL-191, Germany nuked Paris so I'm guessing they want to hurt France and make sure they can't be a long term threat. Therefore, I'm guessing Germany will want to annex something from France.

During GW2 boook, is mentioned Poland meaning german liberated it as a vassal/satelite and seems in poland there where mixed aligneances(polish wanted be fully free but jewish loved being vassal as give more freedoms under the tsar) meaning eastern europes state(baltic trinity, Finland, Poland and possible Ukarine) are Satellites/Vassals created by the german empire.

In the west, germany only wanted a security strip in belgium and belfort and the rest of lorraine, as france losssed round 3 here, further losses are possible.

Africa is up to grabs to.

ZGradt

Banned
Lithuania is 'bout 90% Catholic.

Seriously? Did I really confuse it for another nation? Really need to brush up on European demographics again.

In TL-191, Germany nuked Paris so I'm guessing they want to hurt France and make sure they can't be a long term threat. Therefore, I'm guessing Germany will want to annex something from France.

Pretty much. So Germany may annex Franche-Comte and Champagne-Ardenne to itself, Pas-de-Calais to Belgium, perhaps annex French Congo to its German Congo, can't really annex anything in the Middle East nor does it want to.

It also has to be careful about how many of the indigenous people they bring under their rule. The Kaiserreich wants to keep the Catholic population to a minority, that was one of the reasons why Prussia went the Kelindeustch route so its Protestant majorities would have the majority of the power.

Would annexing all those francophone regions (the French lands, Belgium) be good for a Germany already plagued by its Polish minority? At least Luxemburg and Alsace-Lorraine were majority German(-ic)!

Would annexing all those francophone regions (the French lands, Belgium) be good for a Germany already plagued by its Polish minority? At least Luxemburg and Alsace-Lorraine were majority German(-ic)!

As if the german would care, and with two wars and much traume, the french either woudl fall back to france or just stay there, too weak and traumatize to do something.