TL-191 Uniform, weapons and equipment of the Secondary Combatants.

Some more Visualizations of the SGW era German Navy
1d26228c914ac7ce8b4a682adeaae560.jpg

Type 1935 Destroyer
11ZqUlP.jpg

Derfflinger class (which both the Derfflinger and the Hindenburg were modernized in the 1920s and 30s.)
HSF%20Bayern%20Class%201930%20Refit.gif

Bayern class (also modernized between the wars)

Flakpanzer T-33.png

A so-called Flakpanzer T-33 variant which was essentially a variant of the Russian T-33 Barrel which was converted into an AA Barrel by the Germans by fitting a Flakvierling 38 AA gun.

How likely do you see the Mondragón rilfe being used by both sides of GWI? IOTL, they used by Germany but manufactured in Switzerland by SIG. It'll definitely become a standard rifle for Imperial Mexico, but I could also see it as a rifle for their French allies considering the Saint-Chammond-Mondragon artillery cannon was manufactured in France.
Mondragon.jpg

How likely do you see the Mondragón rilfe being used by both sides of GWI? IOTL, they used by Germany but manufactured in Switzerland by SIG. It'll definitely become a standard rifle for Imperial Mexico, but I could also see it as a rifle for their French allies considering the Saint-Chammond-Mondragon artillery cannon was manufactured in France.
View attachment 620092
We talked about the Mondragon on page 1 of this thread and I speculated that ITL-191 that Confederate gun manufacturers might help the Mexicans work out some of the Mondragon's bugs and then develop their own version for their army.

Below is a pic I drew back then of what I imagined a CS Mondragon might look like, it has a British influence, below it is the OTL Mondragon.
m1913-mondragon-jpg.435050

Oh shoot! Forgot about that. Do you personally think that Germany would still be using this ITTL?
We talked about the Mondragon on page 1 of this thread and I speculated that ITL-191 that Confederate gun manufacturers might help the Mexicans work out some of the Mondragon's bugs and then develop their own version for their army.

Below is a pic I drew back then of what I imagined a CS Mondragon might look like, it has a British influence, below it is the OTL Mondragon.
m1913-mondragon-jpg.435050

Oh shoot! Forgot about that. Do you personally think that Germany would still be using this ITTL?
That's a little tricky, Germany was allied to the US during the Great War and therefore at war with Mexico but they would be buying the guns from Switzerland, however in TL-191 the guns might have been manufactured in the CSA instead of Switzerland, in which case no they (Germany)would not be able to purchase the Mandragons.

Another interesting gun question, was the Garand M1 butterflied in TL-191? If not would Germany be interested or inspired by the M1?

That's a little tricky, Germany was allied to the US during the Great War and therefore at war with Mexico but they would be buying the guns from Switzerland, however in TL-191 the guns might have been manufactured in the CSA instead of Switzerland, in which case no they (Germany)would not be able to purchase the Mandragons.

Another interesting gun question, was the Garand M1 butterflied in TL-191? If not would Germany be interested or inspired by the M1?
I would like to think that the Garand was developed and used by Quebec instead as John Garand was from Quebec originally, in which the Union Government in my HQ bought a bunch of his rifles for their own military during the Second Great War.

I would like to think that the Garand was developed and used by Quebec instead as John Garand was from Quebec originally, in which the Union Government in my HQ bought a bunch of his rifles for their own military during the Second Great War.
I could see that happening and again I wonder if the Germans would purchase some examples for study.

I realized based on the gun's history and place of manufacture that it would be in a pickle ITTL.

I realized based on the gun's history and place of manufacture that it would be in a pickle ITTL.
The more I think about it, the more I think the Mondragon would most likely stay in Mexico and the Confederacy and maybe some other Latin and South American nations.
Maybe a few Allied European nations as well.

You could say that. But the guns were manufactured in Switzerland, a neutral country, so it has to be some sort of butterfly to have it not be manufactured in Europe.
The more I think about it, the more I think the Mondragon would most likely stay in Mexico and the Confederacy and maybe some other Latin and South American nations.
Maybe a few Allied European nations as well.

Beretta_38.jpg

Despite officially being a neutral nation during the Second Great War, the Beretta Company from the Kingdom of Italy none the less had sold large numbers of it's Moschetto Automatico Beretta Modello 1938 or just the MAB 38 submachine-gun to both the French and British Armies in which they prove popular with the soldiers of those respective armies as well as German soldiers who had captured them. Other Second Great War era users of the type included Romania, Argentina, Persia, Morocco, Japan (who've even licensed produced the weapon as the Type 2) as well as the Italian Armed Forces who would use the MAB 38 up until it's replacement by the MAB 57 Assault Carbine in the late 1950s as a frontline weapon.