TL-191 Map Thread Redux

MaxGerke01

Banned
Yeah. Inegrating large nation with high population which has been independent country 80+ years would be pretty hard. Annexation would be pretty counter-productive. At least there would be long guerilla war.
What we are seeing in Ukraine really underscores that and they have been independent only 30 years or so.The vast majority of white Confederates would not see themselves as Americans at all and neither would the vast majority of Americans see them that way.

Faeelin

Banned
What we are seeing in Ukraine really underscores that and they have been independent only 30 years or so.The vast majority of white Confederates would not see themselves as Americans at all and neither would the vast majority of Americans see them that way.

This is veering into off topic, but you realize the Ukrainians are fighting an actual war, not a guerilla one, right?

MaxGerke01

Banned
This is veering into off topic, but you realize the Ukrainians are fighting an actual war, not a guerilla one, right?
And what happened with the CSA and USA wasnt not an actual war ? 4 of them in fact over 80 years ? Look I get it you support reabsorbing the CSA but I dont see how you can say it would be easy. The Confederates have been independent for 50 years more than those hard fighting OTL Ukrainians so why should they be so eager to give up their nationality and embrace one they havent been for a very long time. Also why should we feel that all American are just real eager for that to happen? The policy wouldnt have universal support on either side which would make it difficult to implement on its best day. BTW count me as one of those Americans at the time who wouldnt want them back especially after what they just did.

Last edited:

Faeelin

Banned
And what happened with the CSA and USA wasnt not an actual war ? 4 of them in fact over 80 years ? Look I get it you support reabsorbing the CSA but I dont see how you can say it would be easy. The Confederates have been independent for 50 years more than those hard fighting OTL Ukrainians so why should they be so eager to give up their nationality and embrace one they havent been for a very long time. Also why should we feel that all American are just real eager for that to happen? The policy wouldnt have universal support on either side which would make it difficult to implement on its best day. BTW count me as one of those Americans at the time who wouldnt want them back especially after what they just did.
My objection is the Ukraine analogy is the Second Great War, which happened. Ukraine is not fighting a guerilla war - it is fighting a conventional war of national defense with heavy weaponry.

Might I please ask if one of the map-makers browsing this thread would be interested in mapping one of the ‘Republic(s) of Canada’ mooted in various versions of Timeline 191?

If anyone is interested, please let me know and I’ll post some particulars; Thank You in advance for your consideration.

MaxGerke01

Banned
My objection is the Ukraine analogy is the Second Great War, which happened. Ukraine is not fighting a guerilla war - it is fighting a conventional war of national defense with heavy weaponry.
And even if the CSA was fighting a guerilla war without the heavy weaponry they are fighting it after 80 years of independence and 4 wars with the USA so they are still highly motivated-more than the Americans probably because neither seem them as Americans.Again to make it personal I sure as hell wouldnt especially after what they had just done-no way I want them in my country.

And even if the CSA was fighting a guerilla war without the heavy weaponry they are fighting it after 80 years of independence and 4 wars with the USA so they are still highly motivated-more than the Americans probably because neither seem them as Americans.Again to make it personal I sure as hell wouldnt especially after what they had just done-no way I want them in my country.
Well I agreed that Confederate are Brave Warriors people, but there One Thing that will Damage their Cause…. Population Reduction aka Southern Holocaust
Nobody will never forget and maybe even never forgive the CSA for that Atrocious against Humanity

MaxGerke01

Banned
Well I agreed that Confederate are Brave Warriors people, but there One Thing that will Damage their Cause…. Population Reduction aka Southern Holocaust
Nobody will never forget and maybe even never forgive the CSA for that Atrocious against Humanity
What about certain white South Africans and other whites in Africa,and Central and South America and even Europe ? Then there are the white Confederates themselves who for the most part dont think it was that big a deal because it was only you know what. I totally agree that it gives the CSA ZERO moral credibility but sad to say in this world or more accurately in that world they will find some who would at least still silently back them.

Are there any maps showing how States like Dakota & New Mexico differ from our own North & South Dakota, Arizona & New Mexico through being merged, rather than separate states?

It strikes me that there must be a great many different place names, since so many of the heroes for whom settlement may were named in our timeline became zeros in the course of Timeline 191, and this could be an interesting way to explore that phenomenon.

Are there any maps showing how States like Dakota & New Mexico differ from our own North & South Dakota, Arizona & New Mexico through being merged, rather than separate states?

It strikes me that there must be a great many different place names, since so many of the heroes for whom settlement may were named in our timeline became zeros in the course of Timeline 191, and this could be an interesting way to explore that phenomenon.
One related example I can name is that the town of Melville in Saskatchewan would have a different name, as it was named in honour of the American Charles Melville Hays, who obviously would not go to Canada in TL-191.

Hmmm ... time to start looking over the map of the Dakotas to see which names might be altered in the Timeline 191.

MaxGerke01

Banned

I could also see that being true for Colorado since ittl its close to an international border with an enemy so it gets a much bigger military presence earlier as its seen as a possible CSA invasion point-which the CSA actually tried during the Civil War OTL which possibly still happened ittl https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Glorieta_Pass
Denver is perhaps a much bigger transportation and commercial hub ittl as well.

Now that’s an interesting point; I wonder how many settlements along the border (or in close vicinity) are much smaller or nonexistent because it’s more of an Iron Curtain than a Mason-Dixon Line?

MaxGerke01

Banned
Now that’s an interesting point; I wonder how many settlements along the border (or in close vicinity) are much smaller or nonexistent because it’s more of an Iron Curtain than a Mason-Dixon Line?
That might apply to Pueblo or even Colorado Springs although would be interesting if something like NORAD and/or the US Air Force Academy were still founded there...

The problem is that we don’t really know
much about Asia, beyond the fact that Great Britain & Japan seem to be the Great Powers in that neck of the woods even after the Great War.

The problem is that we don’t really know
much about Asia, beyond the fact that Great Britain & Japan seem to be the Great Powers in that neck of the woods even after the Great War.
I like to think of it as mostly belonging to Japan personally. End of GW1 would be mostly OTL but with Japan owning the things the US did in OTL. By the end of GW2 it probably looks a lot like Japan’s maximum extent in WW2. Was China ever really mentioned though?