TL-191 Map Thread Redux

Back in 2012 a thread was created about the Maps from Harry Turtledove's Southern Victory series aka TL-191. Since that thread has been dead for years and many of us has maps but have nowhere on this site to post them at, well then, I have decided to create a new thread for this purpose, so to start things off here, here are some maps of Europe in 1941 on the eve of war.

Europe_1941_Political.png

A Political Map
Europe_1941_Alliances.png

And an Alliance Map

I am flattered that you decided to use the term Radius to describe the alliance between Britain, France, Russia, the Confederacy, et al. :)

That being said, I understand that there isn't an official map of how Europe looks like after the FGW. Therefore, it is fair game to the artist how they imagine what size countries like Poland, Ukraine, Belarus, Germany, etc. could be.

I think it was about time for the appearance of a third iteration of a TL-191 map thread.

I'll do a link dump of the maps that I've created or modified to this thread soon.

Also, I've thought about this for a while: Despite the TL-191 series being such a niche "franchise", I still think that it has enough influence from fans to catalogue some of the jargon, inside jokes, and fan creations that have been made on this forum. We could make a vote on what ideas could be considered fanon if they are popular enough.

Phrases such as PolishEagle's Sauerkraut Westerns; Alterwright's written alternate history of Confederate soldiers being part of the French Foreign Legion, Pre-Secession Reputation Reports, Snapping Turtles during FGW, Büffel-Soldaten ; Soundwave3591's Art on Military vehicles and soldiers, cortz#9's Confederate Hound Dog plane art, and many others who have contributed could be given some sort of inside recognition.

Last edited:
Phrases such as PolishEagle's Sauerkraut Westerns; Alterwright's written alternate history of Confederate soldiers being part of the French Foreign Legion, Pre-Secession Reputation Reports, Snapping Turtles during FGW, Büffel-Soldaten ; Soundwave3591's Art on Military vehicles and soldiers, cortz#9's Confederate Hound Dog plane art, and many others who have contributed could be given some sort of inside recognition.

What was your's and mine's contribution to the TL-191 community?

What was your's and mine's contribution to the TL-191 community?

Hey, I'm sorry for not answering your question soon.

The reason I didn't want to respond was because I wasn't sure what were your most significant contributions.
Now, that I've seen more of your work, I can say that I like your posts that tend to "fill in the gaps" based on OTL ideas that were largely absent from the original books.
Your Confederate Frogmen, for example, was the most memorable post that I read from you, at the time.
Now, your "Battle of Greenland" post is something I never expected to read about and I admire it a lot due to it being one of the few U.S. vs. British battles in North America.

I'm not sure what my significant/popular contributions are that are worth mentioning. The only ones I can mention right now that mean anything to me are: Emphasizing how Eric Stoltz, appearance-wise, is Featherston; fleshing out Imperial Mexico's history; introducing some fan-words; making some maps from TL-191; re-writing the transcripts from some Call of Duty video game openings into their TL-191 versions; mentioning a Battle of Jamaica; and some posts on the "Pop-Culture in TL-191" thread.

Hey, I'm sorry for not answering your question soon.

The reason I didn't want to respond was because I wasn't sure what were your most significant contributions.
Now, that I've seen more of your work, I can say that I like your posts that tend to "fill in the gaps" based on OTL ideas that were largely absent from the original books.
Your Confederate Frogmen, for example, was the most memorable post that I read from you, at the time.
Now, your "Battle of Greenland" post is something I never expected to read about and I admire it a lot due to it being one of the few U.S. vs. British battles in North America.

I'm not sure what my significant/popular contributions are that are worth mentioning. The only ones I can mention right now that mean anything to me are: Emphasizing how Eric Stoltz, appearance-wise, is Featherston; fleshing out Imperial Mexico's history; introducing some fan-words; making some maps from TL-191; re-writing the transcripts from some Call of Duty video game openings into their TL-191 versions; mentioning a Battle of Jamaica; and some posts on the "Pop-Culture in TL-191" thread.
Well thank you.

Isn't it sort of boring to make the Europe map after WW1 basically OTL Brest Litovsk?

How much Turtledove even told about post-GW1 Europe between end of the war and beginning of GW2? Books are quiet much parallels of OTL so probably B-L would be pretty much same as OTL.

MaxGerke01

Banned
Thank you for not making them all into death camps, compared to what's implied in the books.
Considering that Featherston seems even more eliminationist towards all blacks and anti Freedomite whites than Hitler was towards all Jews and political Germans OTL one would expect there to be more death camps than anything with concentration camps a distant second and pow camps for captured American soldiers a relatively small third. Considering the enormity of what the Destruction was there is not a whole lot about it in TL191 fandom and this map adds much needed information on the subject.

Last edited: