TL-191: Filling the Gaps

Order of Battle during the British Invasion of Ireland, circa July of 1941.

Central Powers Forces:

Irish Defense Forces:
42,000 Active Soldiers
106,000 Reservists
132 Machine Guns
95 Field Artillery Guns
22 Mortars
29 AA Guns
13 Rolls-Royce Armored Cars
4 Leyland Armored Cars
8 Landsverk L-180 Armored Cars
7 Ford Mk IV Armored Cars
14 Ford Mk V Armored Cars
2 Landsverk L-60 Kegs
12 Fiat CR. 42 Biplanes
9 Lockheed Hudson Maritime Patrol Bombers
3 Dornier Do 24 Flying Boats
6 Fieseler Fi-156 Storch Army Co-Operation Planes
18 Training Aircraft of various models
1 Patrol Vessel
1 Armed Trawler
2 German built S-Boots

Radius Forces:

British Forces:
107,000 Soldiers
22,000 Paratroopers
155 Machine Guns
120 Field Artillery Pieces
41 Mortars
10 Light AA guns
15 Daimler Armored Cars
10 Cruiser Mk III Tanks
5 Cruiser Mk II Tanks
58 Hawker Hurricane Fighters
42 Bristol Blenheim Light Bombers
24 Vickers Wellington Medium Bombers
38 Handley Page Harrow Transports
10 Supermarine Walrus Recon Planes
Light Cruisers HMS Coventry and HMS Carlisle
7 Destroyers
4 Sloops
2 Corvettes
8 Vosper MTBs
4 Amphibious Assault Ships
10 Troopships
6 Transport Ships
My only qualm with this: weren't the U.S. the first to use paratroopers during the assault on Missionary Ridge and Lookout Mountain in 1943? How could the British be using them two years earlier?

I wrote a piece a few years ago on the American home front in SGW. I think I had the total US dead at 900,000 with with about 600,000 wounded. I don't much care what the Confederate dead is, as they lost.
IMO those numbers are probably too low, since they're lower than the number of GWI deaths given in the books, "a bit over a million".

So for a while now I've been Head Developer of a TL-191 mod for Hearts of Iron 4. We released a little over three months ago, but now we're working on more content for Europe and a rework of our US stuff. I'd thought I show our newest teaser here and see what you people think.

Ficboy

Banned
OOC: Keep in mind, I'm using most of the extensive TL-191: After the End as a model for this article
Dixielands:
Dixieland is the general term used to describe ethnic conclaves inhabited by people of Southern descent located outside of the former Confederate States, usually located in American urban neighborhoods above the Mason-Dixon Line. Many of these "Dixielands" tend to be poverty-stricken ghettos with high rates of crimes and unemployment given the stigma associated with the Confederates after the Second Great War and the Population Reduction. The common characteristics of these neighborhoods are the prominent display of pre-Freedom Party Confederate imagery such as the Army of Northern Virginia battle flag, architecture based on the antebellum era of the Union and shops selling Southern-made products such as food and beverage. Typically Dixielands tend to be modelled off a specific Southern city be it Richmond, New Orleans, Atlanta or Louisville as a reminder of their former home and to make it stand out from the other ethnic neighborhoods of Northern cities.

Confederate Americans began migrating en masse to the North in the 1990s as a result of the destruction of the Southern agricultural industry due to a long drought as well as a lack of job opportunities. The first Dixielands began to form in the 1990s in cities such as Boston, Chicago, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Denver, Detroit, Indianapolis, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York City, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, San Francisco and Seattle. Soon more would emerge across the United States and some even spread to Texas (an ex-Confederate state), Canada, Quebec (at least for French-descended Southerners such as the Cajuns of Louisiana and the Huguenots of South Carolina) and Mexico.

The existence of the Dixielands have become otherwise controversial amongst African-American civic groups for its small monuments dedicated to Confederate soldiers and important figures such as Jefferson Davis or Robert E. Lee given that every monument dedicated to them was destroyed by the United States since 1944 at the end of the Second Great War. Protesters and demonstrators have frequently targeted these places for what they perceive to be an inherently racist regime and often clash with local residents but regardless the Dixielands have become the last remnant of the Old South.