TL-191: Featherston's Finest - Uniforms, Weapons, and Vehicles of the CSA and Freedom Party

Discussion in 'Alternate History Books and Media' started by Alterwright, Aug 31, 2018.

1. cortz#9 Obrltnt of Kampfgruppe Seelöw

Just post something relevant now and then. I've been trying to think up some new weapons but nothing has come to mind lately.

2. MarchingThroughGeorgia Well-Known Member

How about the Confederate’s final SGW barrel? The text description actually makes me think that it’s an IS-3, not a Maus or some other OTL wonder weapon

3. cortz#9 Obrltnt of Kampfgruppe Seelöw

I did something along those lines on page 23 but maybe I could something even heavier.

4. pattontank12 Better Dead than Red!

Has anyone talked about the development of Confederate Submersibles during the course of the Great Wars?

5. cortz#9 Obrltnt of Kampfgruppe Seelöw

I don't think so but i would think submarine tech would be important to the CSA and would probably share a lot of traits with British subs.

6. cortz#9 Obrltnt of Kampfgruppe Seelöw

I stand corrected, we did briefly discuss CS subs a while back here. Here's a design based on that discussion.

CSA  Sub.gif

I'm thinking its a late war design that never got past one prototype being built before war's end. This weapon system was designed for retaliating against the Union for the mass heavy bombing campaign waged against the Confederacy.

Union newsmen nicknamed the Confederate flying bombs "Buzzers" because of its loud buzzing noise that could be heard from great distances.
    The design used various ideas and technology used by the British and the French on their submarines and other experimental naval vessels.

The vessel was dubbed the CSS Gator.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  7. farmerted555 Well-Known Member

How about Buzzer because of the Buzz Bomb?

cortz#9 likes this.
  8. cortz#9 Obrltnt of Kampfgruppe Seelöw

OK that's one contender.

9. pattontank12 Better Dead than Red!

I'd go with Gator or Bull Whale.

cortz#9 likes this.
  10. cortz#9 Obrltnt of Kampfgruppe Seelöw

I like Gator, how about we go with calling the sub the "Gator" and the Union nicknames the missile, "Buzzer Bombs"?

11. farmerted555 Well-Known Member

Sounds good.

pattontank12 and cortz#9 like this.
  12. pattontank12 Better Dead than Red!

Works for me!

cortz#9 likes this.
  13. cortz#9 Obrltnt of Kampfgruppe Seelöw

I went back and edited in the new names.