TL-191: Featherston's Finest - Uniforms, Weapons, and Vehicles of the CSA and Freedom Party

In Settling Accounts, they mention that both sides use 105's. They probably use other calibers, but the 105 is probably the most common artillery caliber for both sides.

Yeah, 105mm howitzers like the ones below right?

c77c615d8bc1b177ee0d114b664a9302.jpg

id_m101_105_grenada_700.jpg
105mm battery thumb.jpg

Again, yeah, I can see that.

I wonder, on the subject of camouflage, if anyone has considered this tidbit I found, one of the Nazi's less well known types, Palm Tree Pattern.

images

Something similar I could see being used, especially in Cuba and Haiti.

I wonder, on the subject of camouflage, if anyone has considered this tidbit I found, one of the Nazi's less well known types, Palm Tree Pattern.

images

I never seen that camo pattern before, good find and I could definitely see it being used for tropical climes. I could the USMC using it.

My father is a WWII reenactor and collector. He has something in pretty much every camo pattern known to man prior to 2010. :p

Its actually a pic i found showing it. Here are some others.

M40-palm-rear.jpg

9319479_orig.jpg
Very interesting. This smock would've been perfect for paintball play at a P.B. park where I used to work at, some of the fields had a tropical feel to em and some had more brown trees and bushes on em.

images

How do you feel about the Confederates adopting a USMC style pattern of camo? No it wouldn't be tied to the USMC, but what I mean is how to feel about the Confederates, especially the Freedom Party Guards, adopting a pattern more along those lines, colored for the temperate climates of North America?

Isn't that exactly what the camo they wear in the art you commissioned is supposed to invoke?

Also, btw, I discovered that the "Frog Skin" camo associated with the Marines wasn't theirs alone. Apparently the 2nd Infantry Division used it in Normandy, but got rid of it quickly because other American units fired on them at times, mistaking them for Germans, due to lack of camouflage among other American units.

Isn't that exactly what the camo they wear in the art you commissioned is supposed to invoke?

Also, btw, I discovered that the "Frog Skin" camo associated with the Marines wasn't theirs alone. Apparently the 2nd Infantry Division used it in Normandy, but got rid of it quickly because other American units fired on them at times, mistaking them for Germans, due to lack of camouflage among other American units.

Ah, so you saw that! Okay then! Its supposed to be a combination of the Fall Leaf Pattern's color scheme (the reverse of the Palm Leaf smock you have I think) mixed with the Frog Skin pattern scheme.

And yes this is true! Guess you can say its the worst case of mistaken identity for the 2nd I.D.

images

Put an extra layer of darker greens on there and I'd say you got an effective jungle camo for the Confederates. The army might use them for tarps and tent covers and such, with the Freedom Party Guards potentially using a pattern with different shades.

Something I’ve been thinking of recently, given the relationship the CSA has with England, C.S. light infantry and special operations units wouldn’t look out of place in British Denison style smocks and camouflage, possibly becoming general issue later in the war.

Attachments

• 097334C1-C357-4218-86F4-7B9957A68898.jpeg
    097334C1-C357-4218-86F4-7B9957A68898.jpeg
    247.4 KB · Views: 301
Something I’ve been thinking of recently, given the relationship the CSA has with England, C.S. light infantry and special operations units wouldn’t look out of place in British Denison style smocks and camouflage, possibly becoming general issue later in the war.
Possible, perhaps in some different colors though to match terrain in the US.