TL-191: Featherston's Finest - Uniforms, Weapons, and Vehicles of the CSA and Freedom Party

Discussion in 'Alternate History Books and Media' started by Alterwright, Aug 31, 2018.

1. rvbomally Russian Hacker

Which guns should I use to make a model of the Tredegar Automatic Rifle? OTL American guns preferred.

Alterwright likes this.
  2. cortz#9 Obrltnt of Kampfgruppe Seelöw

Yeah the MP-41 was a big influence on my design and I used a lot of parts from a pic of it. I basically moved the magazine further back.

3. cortz#9 Obrltnt of Kampfgruppe Seelöw

I used the Johnson M41 for my alt-BAR, you could probably still do something different with it by using parts from other guns like the OTL BAR.
    Johnson 13c9cf19efe759112d6c79dd2ddd3f91.jpg

Or you could you the Johnson 1940 rifle design.
    Johnson M1941.jpg

Or bits of both.

pattontank12 likes this.
  4. rvbomally Russian Hacker

Hm, what about the regular Confederate rifle, like what the Freedom Party Guardsman has in that first art?

5. cortz#9 Obrltnt of Kampfgruppe Seelöw

Which page and post?

6. rvbomally Russian Hacker

Alterwright likes this.
  7. cortz#9 Obrltnt of Kampfgruppe Seelöw

rvbomally and Matt Wiser like this.
  8. Alterwright "You were never even a player."

Hey, I like this one!! Like a cross between an MP-40 and Grease Gun. It looks really neat.

cortz#9 likes this.
  9. cortz#9 Obrltnt of Kampfgruppe Seelöw

It was an idea by rvbomally and I liked it so I ran with it and I also like the way it turned.
    I'm thinking of maybe getting an inexpensive spring powered M3 and MP-40 and try to make a wall hanger of this design.

Alterwright likes this.
  10. Alterwright "You were never even a player."

Indeed! Well, what would you name it/designated as? Also what about the wooden stock one you made? Cause I'm just going to keep calling it the Griswold unless stated otherwise XD

11. cortz#9 Obrltnt of Kampfgruppe Seelöw

I called it the SMG2 for lack of a better name. For the wooden stock gun, people here seem to like Griswold and I use to have a friend many years ago we nick-named Griswold so I'm fine with that.

Alterwright likes this.
  12. Alterwright "You were never even a player."

Righty. How about... M37 Griswold for the woodstock, banana mag gun. For the stamped metal one... how about M40/41 Joslyn. I am literally making up names lol

13. cortz#9 Obrltnt of Kampfgruppe Seelöw

Joslyn?

14. rvbomally Russian Hacker

An almost-complete miniature of a Confederate Army soldier. I still need to fix some of the paint, put highlights on the gun, and add the decals on the jacket.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  15. cortz#9 Obrltnt of Kampfgruppe Seelöw

Why'd you post it sideways? Other than that, it looks cool.

16. rvbomally Russian Hacker

It’s not showing up sideways on my browser. But I did post this from my phone.

17. Alterwright "You were never even a player."

Nice! So, what's part of this model here? What's the gun? Looks promising so far.

18. rvbomally Russian Hacker

Almost all of it is the standard Tamiya US Army soldier that comes with the M41. I added two pouches to the front from a Dreamforce Games bits sprue.

The gun is a cut-down M1 Carbine, with a grip from an MG-42 and an extended magazine that’s just a piece of plastic I cut into shape. I then made a cast of this and recast it in epoxy putty, so I can make multiple copies of the same gun with ease.

19. Alterwright "You were never even a player."

Nice!! So the gun is the M1 carbine with an MG-42-like grip and an extended magazine? I think @cortz#9 would be interested in a design like that! I do like your model there! Looks really similar to the picture below here!

The gun is the experimental US M2 Hyde.

20. cortz#9 Obrltnt of Kampfgruppe Seelöw

Here's my first take on the M2 Hyde. I'm open to suggestions for improving the design rvbomally.

_TL-191_M1 Car.jpg

Alterwright likes this.