TL-191: Featherston's Finest - Uniforms, Weapons, and Vehicles of the CSA and Freedom Party

Discussion in 'Alternate History Books and Media' started by Alterwright, Aug 31, 2018.

1. pattontank12 Better Dead than Red!

Would it have been possible for the Confederate's to have failed a fighter squadron of native americans during the First Great War?

2. Alterwright "You were never even a player."

What do you mean?

3. pattontank12 Better Dead than Red!

Sorry I meant fielded, stupid auto correct.

4. Alterwright "You were never even a player."

So you think the Confederates would allow Native Americans from the state of Sequoyah to fly biplanes then? Interesting thought. I think in TL-191 the tribes there are kind of... semi-autonomous? I have to look again.

5. pattontank12 Better Dead than Red!

I could see them fielding their own forces when the US comes nocking.

6. cortz#9 Obrltnt of Kampfgruppe Seelöw

I think it may have been possible.

7. Kuamong Well-Known Member

IIRC the Natives in Seyuoyah did field regiment-sized units in the Great War as semi-independent state guards. That would set the precedent for the Confederacy to field all-Native American air units.

cortz#9 likes this.
  8. Alterwright "You were never even a player."

Yup, and of course there were ground units engaged in heavy fighting in the state itself. I remember reading in the Great War series from Turtledove that some Native Americans by the late-war period were integrated with the Confederate Army, fighting over a state that had oil fields burning as if they were images straight out of the Gulf War of 1991.

hith-wwi-native-american-code-talkers-choctaw_code_talkers-800x701-E.jpeg

^^^ --- And aside from a few alternations they may have been issued with kit and uniform virtually identical to what the rest of the Confederate Army was wearing during the Great War.

9. cortz#9 Obrltnt of Kampfgruppe Seelöw

I remember one book where Confederates, Mexicans and Native Americans were fighting together in the First Great War.