TL-191: After the End

Wilhelm III is succeeded by his eldest son, who reigns as Kaiser Wilhelm IV.
So I assume he's pressured into not marrying Dorothea von Salviati and therefore retaining succession rights. In that case, how long does he reign for, and does he ever marry and have children? Once he passes or abdicates, who takes his place?
*Edit: it is more likely that by butterfly effect, the two never end up meeting.

Last edited:
What's his relationship with the rest of the royal family? Is he seen as the black sheep of the family to the rest and have limited contact with him? Based on what's stated, his brother Albert becomes George VI (or Albert I as a few speculate on the Photos thread) and Elizabeth II eventually assumes the throne once he passes, I assume.
In one word? Strained.

Elizabeth doesn’t exist in TTL. George VI is succeeded by an ATL male descendant, who reigns as George VII until 2002.

So I assume he's pressured into not marrying Dorothea von Salviati and therefore retaining succession rights. In that case, how long does he reign for, and does he ever marry and have children? Once he passes or abdicates, who takes his place?
His reign lasts until 1991 in TTL. He is succeeded by his eldest son, who rules as Kaiser Albert I.

In one word? Strained.

Elizabeth doesn’t exist in TTL. George VI is succeeded by an ATL male descendant, who reigns as George VII until 2002.
By the way, does George VI live longer than ITTL? The stress caused while he was ruling monarch during WWII compounded with his heavy smoking caused his lifespan to shorten in addition to health ailments that eventually contributed to his death. Also, who rules as monarch currently?

What's Alaska culturally like by 2021 as well as the living standards for the average citizen and the main tourists attractions of the state?

Since Alaska was owned by the Russian Empire for around 80 more years, I assume that the culture there would be more, well, Russian. With at least a sizable percentage of the population having a faith in Russian Orthodoxy as well as speaking Russian as a second language or even first language depending on the family and area.

What is Colonel Sanders doing in this timeline?
On that note, what are some of the largest fast food chains in America as well as in the world ITTL? In the US, does pizza ever become as popular as it is IOTL? Its popularity really exploded when American soldiers came home from Italy after serving there during WWII. Since that doesn't happen ITTL, is it slower to reach popularity? That would probably mean it's popularity expands outward more organically from the Italian-American community. Would another food take its place? Also given the close cultural cooperation between the US and Germany, I'm sure hamburgers are still the fast food staple they are and the cultural stapled synonymous with America.

By the way, does George VI live longer than ITTL? The stress caused while he was ruling monarch during WWII compounded with his heavy smoking caused his lifespan to shorten in addition to health ailments that eventually contributed to his death. Also, who rules as monarch currently?

He does live longer, until 1957 in TTL.

In 2021, the reigning British monarch is Queen Anne II.

What's Alaska culturally like by 2021 as well as the living standards for the average citizen and the main tourists attractions of the state?

Since Alaska was owned by the Russian Empire for around 80 more years, I assume that the culture there would be more, well, Russian. With at least a sizable percentage of the population having a faith in Russian Orthodoxy as well as speaking Russian as a second language or even first language depending on the family and area.

In 2021, there is a far more pronounced Russian cultural influence in Alaska compared to our world, with a large portion of the state’s population descended from the Russian settler population (even if they’re no longer in the majority, relative to more recent US-descendant transplants). The Russian Orthodox Church still enjoys a following both from the descendants of the Russian settlers and among the different indigenous peoples of Alaska; however, during the 2010s, Evangelical Protestant denominations have started to shift the religious landscape of the state.

The standard of living in Alaska is generally high, even if the state is still heavily dependent on resource extraction for its economic prosperity, along with tourism and the support from the US government. As in our world, tourism in Alaska tends to be centered around the state’s national parks and through the cruise industry.

On that note, what are some of the largest fast food chains in America as well as in the world ITTL? In the US, does pizza ever become as popular as it is IOTL? Its popularity really exploded when American soldiers came home from Italy after serving there during WWII. Since that doesn't happen ITTL, is it slower to reach popularity? That would probably mean it's popularity expands outward more organically from the Italian-American community. Would another food take its place? Also given the close cultural cooperation between the US and Germany, I'm sure hamburgers are still the fast food staple they are and the cultural stapled synonymous with America.

In 2021, the US doesn’t have the same fast food culture as in our world. Beyond the OTL companies being butterflied away, the postwar, austere SGW US lacked the suburban car culture and consumerist society that facilitated the growth of multiple national chains in our world. By 2021, different US cities and regions have localized chains. However, no one has really managed to succeed in building a ubiquitous chain that can appeal to every region, much less outside the US.

Pizza is still a popular food in most US regions, as are hamburgers.

So how similar is the Ottoman collapse in terms of OTL Yugoslavia's fall? Seeing that question about Armenia makes me wonder if something similar to the Bosnian Genocide happened in the region and the rest of the Empire aduring the Dissolution.

So how similar is the Ottoman collapse in terms of OTL Yugoslavia's fall? Seeing that question about Armenia makes me wonder if something similar to the Bosnian Genocide happened in the region and the rest of the Empire aduring the Dissolution.

It’s analogous both to the OTL collapse of Yugoslavia, and the state collapse/complicated civil wars that occurred IOTL Syria, Somalia, Iraq, Libya, and Yemen.

I recall there being a direct reference to Superman in the books so I was wondering if any of the following had any counterparts in TL-191. (Apologies if anyone has asked before.)

-Jerry Siegel
-Joe Shuster
-Bob Kane
-Bill Finger
-Stanley Lieber (AKA Stan Lee)
-Jacob Kurtzburg (AKA Jack Kirby)
-Joe Simon
-Will Eisner
-Fredric Wertham
-Julius Schwartz

I recall there being a direct reference to Superman in the books so I was wondering if any of the following had any counterparts in TL-191. (Apologies if anyone has asked before.)

-Jerry Siegel
-Joe Shuster
-Bob Kane
-Bill Finger
-Stanley Lieber (AKA Stan Lee)
-Jacob Kurtzburg (AKA Jack Kirby)
-Joe Simon
-Will Eisner
-Fredric Wertham
-Julius Schwartz
These individuals exist as analogues to their OTL counterparts, and almost all of them wound up on rather different career trajectories to our world. For example, Wertham’s counterpart in TTL never left Germany, while the rough analogue to a certain Stanley Lieber (Martin Lieber) becomes a somewhat successful novelist.

As fate would have it, the circumstances behind the creation of a character and superhero called Superman were very different in TTL, since the analogues to Shuster and Siegel did not initially meet in Cleveland. They would meet in very different circumstances, towards the end of the 1920s, in New York City, the center of the US artistic world. Happily, they did not lose out on any credit or royalties from the character in TTL.