TL-191: After the End

So if AH.com existed in this universe,obviously Confederate apologists would be banned (just like they are here). But what if I said ‘The Mormons did nothing wrong’,or advocated for Canadian independence?
I'd think it would primarily be Freedomite apologists, but Its likely there would be a low tolerance for the pre-freedimite CS. Something like "muh Kaiser wasn't a Nazi"

I suspect you could see the Mormon terrorist period versus modern day Mormons a la Imperial Japan vs modern day Japan, able to damn the actions of the past without condemning an entire religious group.

Canadian states would be so Americanized and already so similar to begin with no one will take it seriously, it’ll be a regional flair thing like our real world board having a number of prideful New Englanders.

So if AH.com existed in this universe,obviously Confederate apologists would be banned (just like they are here). But what if I said ‘The Mormons did nothing wrong’,or advocated for Canadian independence?

On a hypothetical US-based online forum in TTL’s 2019, arguing, say, that past interwar US policies (either in Canada or in Utah) were flawed and contributed to the SGW-era revolts wouldn’t get someone banned.

But making a serious argument for the secession of any part of the Union probably would get someone, if not banned, at least kicked.

Anyone who appears to be apologizing for past terrorist actions by anti-US groups would not only get banned, but would also likely (depending on what was written) get reported to the Bureau of Investigation by forum moderators.

On a hypothetical US-based online forum in TTL’s 2019, arguing, say, that past interwar US policies (either in Canada or in Utah) were flawed and contributed to the SGW-era revolts wouldn’t get someone banned.

But making a serious argument for the secession of any part of the Union probably would get someone, if not banned, at least kicked.

Anyone who appears to be apologizing for past terrorist actions by anti-US groups would not only get banned, but would also likely (depending on what was written) get reported to the Bureau of Investigation by forum moderators.

So, what would be TTL's equivalent of Coventry?

Because of Turtledove shenanigans, wouldn't SpecFic.Net be a German website, and thus we wouldn't have to worry about pissing off the American government?

Also, since America didn't collapse like Russia OTL, we have a copypasta to spam when Americans are kicking your ass in an online game.

Online games dont really exist in their OTL form by 2009. If memory serves they're around the PS2/XBOX/Gamecube area by the end of the TL.
Well it's been 10 years since this thread started, so there should be by now. Type "the South will rise again 1865" while playing blitzsturm 5 to dab on the yanks

Well it's been 10 years since this thread started, so there should be by now. Type "the South will rise again 1865" while playing blitzsturm 5 to dab on the yanks

"But xXR3b3lPu22y2l@y3r69Xx, in a way, you're a Yankee now too when you think on it!"

*oneshots xXR3b3lPu22y2l@y3r69Xx as he angrily tries to type out a response*

"But xXR3b3lPu22y2l@y3r69Xx, in a way, you're a Yankee now too when you think on it!"

*oneshots xXR3b3lPu22y2l@y3r69Xx as he angrily tries to type out a response*
The point of the Copypasta is too get their internet disconected by the Federal government. Sort of like how mentioning Tiananmen square 1989 will shut down a Chinese persons internet

Screenshot_2.png

I just made, this would be a screenshot of a Freedomite Apologist getting banned on SpecFic.net.