TL-191: After the End

Discussion in 'Alternate History Books and Media' started by David bar Elias, Aug 17, 2008.

1. JSmith Banned

But it hasnt had a new topic post from the author in nearly 2 years!

2. Petike Sky Pirate Extraordinaire

Clockpunk Zemplín Kingdom / Franz Josef's Land
    Too bad it will probably never get finished. I was hoping DBE would continue it until 2000 (just 30 more years to go !) and then would leave it with an open ending. But I never deliberately encouraged him to return to this TL, since forcing yourself to finish what you've lost interest in rarely yields good results. I still would be interested in seeing what the rest of the 20th century was like, but it's no big deal. Many TLs became unfinished, so this isn't some rare example. And writing TLs in general is time-consuming...

3. manofsteelwool Well-Known Member

As I already said, I talked to him a few weeks ago and he said he will post stuff at the end of the year!

4. Petike Sky Pirate Extraordinaire

Clockpunk Zemplín Kingdom / Franz Josef's Land
    He will ? Then let's be patient and wait for our little Christmas present.

5. Vexacus Banned

So Say We All

6. Ian Takaoka Member

Not really directed at David so much as in general, but what happened to Japanese-Americans and Japanese-Canadians during the Second World War ITTL? I mean, I doubt that the Canadians would have interned their subjects (as well as completely destroyed the fishing industry of Japanese-Canadian fishermen in British Columbia), but would this have happened in the Union? It is kind of hypocritical of them if they did, of course, but I just was curious.

If there's ever another Pacific War, obviously, I have a feeling they might not have as many qualms about it since the United States has sovereignty of Canada and Hawaii.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  7. ZincOxide Well-Known Member

Canada was occupied territory by the 1930s, so chances are Japanese-Americans and Japanese-Canadians may well have been pushed out of the coastal areas.

8. Poor Little Rhode Island Well-Known Member

Yes, I, too, must add my praises to David as author of this thread. But I also have to add my disappointment that it has languished for so long. Even though I have read this straight through, I was saddened by the l-o-n-g gaps in between installments.

Nevertheless, I look forward to the next post and hope it is NOT the last!

And, as a "real life" historian, I would caution everyone with this thought: Most historians believe that good history can't be written for an era until at least 50 years have passed. So, David has done the bare minimum for us in terms of history.

In terms of story-telling, I would like to see things brought up to the present day.

GO, DAVID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. David bar Elias Well-Known Member

I apologize to everyone here for the long delay. I've had a lot of RL issues to deal with over the past couple of years.

"1967" will be posted in mid-late December.

Das Amerikan likes this.
  10. Redem Proud citizen of her majesty

Nice to see you around :)

11. Arkhangelsk Gay Mexamerican

It's quite alright David, no need to apologize, we understand you've been very busy, RL can be like that sometimes. Looking forward to 1967! :)

12. Nevermore All Killer, No Filler

No worries, man. Perfectly understandable. I hope life's sorted it all out for you. Sounds like it's been rough.

Looking forward to '67, though. The Japanese are finally gonna get what's coming to 'em. :cool:

13. Archangel Battery-powered Bureaucrat

Hope you solved your problems.:)
    Good to hear that, David!:)

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  14. CT23 Well-Known Member

We're getting close. :D

15. David bar Elias Well-Known Member

Yes, and it will be an eventful year.

16. Vexacus Banned

Let's hope the Japanese don't get to whipped. Every AltHist I see that has them in they usually end up getting whipped

17. Arkhangelsk Gay Mexamerican

As the day of great jubilation draws nearer, here's a new and improved world map, at the end of 1966. If there's any mistakes please point them out to me.

world JUN1966 globe TL191.png

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
    Das Amerikan likes this.
  18. David bar Elias Well-Known Member

Fantastic map! Thanks!

One little thing: Corsica should still be French.

19. Arkhangelsk Gay Mexamerican

No prob David! :)

...and Corsica has been returned to the French! ;)

I can't wait for the next update!

20. manofsteelwool Well-Known Member

The only thing I can think of is using the most recent basemap, but that is a minor thing. I like everything else. I can't remember if there still is a Quebec color…