TL-191: After the End

Sumeragi

Banned
Why. Wiping Japan's smirk and arrogance off its face is a satisfying feature of OTL history and hopefully TTL's.

Wiping the smirk and arrogance off the face of the "Western Barbarians" would be fair more satisfying in my view. :p

(After we redo the wreck that most people who are not familiar with Japan made out of the Empire)

Compromise option (and hanging on to Turtledove's parallelism): the Japanese Empire collapses under its own weight in the late 80s/early 90s.

Compromise option (and hanging on to Turtledove's parallelism): the Japanese Empire collapses under its own weight in the late 80s/early 90s.

Yeah, but I'm not sure if the conquered territories are fully developed for Japanese purposes. If the collapse does occur, then the result would be a group of ex-Japanese colonies having a well developed but ruthlessly exploited economies.

Sumeragi

Banned
After going through the entire thread.... I've come to the conclusion that the emergence of General Ishii Yamada makes no logical sense given the path that Japan most likely would take after the Hispano-Japanese War. I'm going to be making a thread over at the Before 1900 forums concerning what Japan would be like in Timeline-191.

Just caught up today. Not exactly the epilogue novel to TL-191 that some have hoped for, but still very interesting. I will be subscribing to this.

Vexacus

Banned
Wiping the smirk and arrogance off the face of the "Western Barbarians" would be fair more satisfying in my view. :p

(After we redo the wreck that most people who are not familiar with Japan made out of the Empire)
I agree

Given Japan's misbehavior (to put it politely) OTL in that Empire, one can argue they deserve to lose it.
What about what the British Empire did during it's reign?

Well Japan ITTL is a huge wank. Even for Turtledove standards. Btw your the author of the Japanese Manifest Destiny thread right?
Yes, I'm the author of that thread

In this upcoming war, do you think superbombs will be used?
Let's just say that it would be best if citizens were all to buy factor 5 billion sunblock