TL-191: After the End

Discussion in 'Alternate History Books and Media' started by David bar Elias, Aug 17, 2008.

1. area11 Goddamn bitch in cat tights.

I'd guess that he'd remain in the Tanganyika administration and fight in the second great war maybe he now supports the TPU couldn't be sure though

2. Onyx Banned

Y'know it would be cool to have a map of this :)

3. manofsteelwool Well-Known Member

Check page 35

4. area11 Goddamn bitch in cat tights.

TL191 ALLIANCES.png

here's a map I made of the alliances

green is IM
    dark blue is CDS
    light blue is CDS influence
    yellow is GEACPS
    gold is GEACPS influence
    red is EC
    pink is EC influence
    maroon is EC colonies
    white is unaligned

TL191 ALLIANCES.png

Das Amerikan likes this.
  5. Archangel Battery-powered Bureaucrat

What's the ranking order of economic influence of each alliance?

6. area11 Goddamn bitch in cat tights.

I'm assuming its
    European Community
    Compact of Democratic States
    Independence Movement
    Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere

7. Archangel Battery-powered Bureaucrat

Thanks, area11!:)

8. Saladan Member

You know, I haven't posted anything in ages. So here's something. Also David, will Texas eventually be reabsorbed into the US?

TL191 ALLIANCES guide copy.png

Das Amerikan likes this.
  9. Vexacus Banned

Great maps

10. area11 Goddamn bitch in cat tights.

David what will the future hold for South Africa I can see them developing nuclear weapons why not they managed it in OTL

11. lothaw Texan Nationalist

Nooo... the Texan declaration of Independence was one of my favorite parts of TL-191. :p

12. lothaw Texan Nationalist

Well, it'd be a good place for Britain to work on their clandestine projects too I'd say, surely the old Empire still has some influence there.

13. David bar Elias Well-Known Member

He was regarded as one of Germany's greatest war heroes, and later wrote a best-selling memoir. He lived the rest of his life in German East Africa.

Updates will be coming much slower. School's coming up, and I'll be very busy. :(

Nope.

Essentially our world's Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Western Samoa (and our world's American Samoa), Comoros, Tanzania, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Cameroon, Gabon, Rwanda, Burundi, Benin, Togo, Senegal, Gambia, Burkina Faso, Mali, Mauritania, Chad, Niger, the Central African Republic, Botswana, Guinea, Namibia, Malawi, Madagascar, Togo, the Ivory Coast, Ghana, and Sierra Leone. In addition to their military occupation of Belgium.

Things will be clearer as the sixties run their course. ;)

The only thing keeping Bharat from invading is frantic diplomatic pleadings from the Ottoman Empire. Needless to say Goa is a major sore spot between Lisbon and New Delhi.

That practice has petered out as of 1965, mostly because most Southerners have long resigned themselves to continuing U.S. rule. And there won't be a major pan-Southern uprising akin to the series' repeated Canadian and Mormon ones; most Southerners are either still war-weary from the forties, or else more inclined to accepted American governance.

The Ottomans and Americans are generally on friendly terms, though it is true that they're rather alarmed at the warmer relations between the USA and Russia.

For that matter, the Germans aren't very happy about the new American-Russo direction either...

Not very pleasant, I'm afraid.

The member states of the Independence Movement all have very fast growing economies as of 1965, mostly spurred by poverty eradication and rising volumes of trade (plus handy investments from the Ottomans and Brazilians). The United States has the single largest economy, though Germany and Austria-Hungary aren't terribly far behind.

Japan has had rapid economic growth, though as of 1965, they're starting to worry increasingly about matters related to raw materials (not to mention the drag being caused by their endless conflicts in China).

Thanks!

Good map, though Albania and Bulgaria should be shown as EC member states. Much obliged. :)

And Texas will remain independent, though very much under America's thumb.

South Africa's future is quite bleak as of 1965. As for superbombs, only the open threat of American and German intervention has kept them from building them so far.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
    Das Amerikan likes this.
  14. JimmyRibbitt Well-Known Member

With the United States a much larger nation, than OTL, I wonder if a breakup of the USA, like OTL Soviet Union, might be possible. I could see the USA, the Japanese Empire, Germany, Austria-Hungary, and the Ottoman empire all breaking like up the Soviet Union of OTL.

15. David bar Elias Well-Known Member

That won't be happening to the United States...or to Germany, Austria-Hungary, or the Ottoman Empire either. As for Japan, well they'll be around too, but as part of a different alliance.

Das Amerikan likes this.
  16. Arkhangelsk Gay Mexamerican

What ever was the fate of Joshua Blackford? Did he follow in the footsteps of his parents?

17. David bar Elias Well-Known Member

I have plans for him. He'll be making an appearance in 1966. ;)

18. Arkhangelsk Gay Mexamerican

oh, I feel like a giddy schoolgirl...:D

You rock David!

19. Vexacus Banned

Can;t wait for the next installment

20. area11 Goddamn bitch in cat tights.

added Bulgaria and Albania to the European Community and gave Gibraltar to Spain also shouldn't East Turkestan be independent in OTL they were up until 1949 and even though there independence was due to Soviet aid with China in a state of anarchy I can't see the Uyghurs and other Turkic groups in the area remaining under Chinese rule they should be at least a de facto state receiving aid from the IM and I could see the Central Asian members pushing for them to recognize it. On the subject of the IM and China I'm assuming by your mention of Japan being in a different alliance means they join the IM after America defeats them to defend them from America but keep their own independent space program (by the way whats that called). But what happens to their Empire

Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
    Das Amerikan likes this.