TL-191: After the End

To be honest, I’m not sure of all of the details of Russian military operations on the Eastern Front during the Second Great War. I assumed that the Jewish population managed to generally survive the Russian offensives in Ukraine in spite of persecution; if I’m not mistaken, it’s mentioned in the series that Jewish partisans, presumably with backing from the Central Powers, were among the groups fighting the Russians.

-
In the German Empire and Austro-Hungarian Empire, antisemitism is not primarily limited to one social class or group.
True to that as there are Jewish partisan units mentioned just like IOTL; however, this would also entail there being a brutal anti-partisan campaign being waged by the Tsarists behind the frontlines.

How long did steam last on railways in Britain and the USA?

In TTL, steam locomotives were phased out of British railways by the early 1970s.

In the USA, steam locomotives were phased out earlier than in our world, by the mid-1950s. This was part of the military and transportation modernization programs of the Dewey and Truman administrations.

If asume it’s just swampland
Disney chose the location for it being cheap land near a pre-existing airfield, and close to a growing port-city (Tampa).

If the airfield existed, it was likely bombed during the SGW, and never rebuilt. Tampa might receive some federal aid, but Florida’s interior would remain very, very poor. I’d reckon Orlando is at best a small rural town at a highway intersection.

A lot of the migration (both from outside immigrants and from within the US) to Florida of OTL would likely end in Cuba and other Caribbean stars in TTL.

Last edited:
So we’re a lot more likely to have a Disneyworld Havana than anything else?

That would be….interesting to put it mildly. Certainly wouldn’t be anything like Songs of the South IOTL either.

Not to sound nitpicky, but wouldn't the Jewish populations of Ukraine, Belarus, and the Baltic States would have been all but eradicated when the Russians invaded and occupied them during GW2? Their populations would be much smaller as of TTL's 2022 than what you have stated. It would contradict what's implied in the books and a post here. Poland and Austria-Hungary will have almost all of theirs survive since Russia doesn't advance far again.
I Think the reason why the Jewish population of Eastern Europe is not as depopulated as in 0TL is because the Russian doesn’t have the industrial Genocide has the Nazis did and they weren’t industrialize to do what the Nazis did.

Plus they need to focus on the Germans and Austrian offensive than Massacring some Jews in Ukraine, Baltic and Belarus. Even still I do seem that Jews will be Massacred by the Russkiy in the Hundreds of Thousands to even the Million ( But possibly 1 to 2 Millions Jew being Murdered by The Tsar Army ) but it will be still not as terrible as the Holocaust in OTL.

Last edited:
Not to sound nitpicky, but wouldn't the Jewish populations of Ukraine, Belarus, and the Baltic States would have been all but eradicated when the Russians invaded and occupied them during GW2? Their populations would be much smaller as of TTL's 2022 than what you have stated. It would contradict what's implied in the books and a post here. Poland and Austria-Hungary will have almost all of theirs survive since Russia doesn't advance far again.
--
Are the aristocracies of Germany and Austria-Hungary still among the main sources of antisemitism into the present, or has that changed with generations passing?
--
Greece never joined GW1 and remained neutral (though never directly addressed). Though the Entente still uses Greece as a launchpad for the Macedonian Front, Bulgaria may still occupy part of Greek Macedonia, the National Schism will turn in favor toward pro-German king Constantine once France loses at Verdun. Giving up territory to Bulgaria will not bode well with the Greek population, so it seems unlikely they'll let that slide if the CP are willing to ignite the Balkan powder keg again. Some negotiating will have to take place between Constantine and Ferdinand.
The Russians didn't set up industrial scale death camps which would make murdering all those Jews a lot harder especially when they have to deal with the Germans.

I Think the reason why the Jewish population of Eastern Europe is not as depopulated as in 0TL is because the Russian doesn’t have the industrial Genocide has the Nazis did and they weren’t industrialize to do what the Nazis did.

Plus they need to focus on the Germans and Austrian offensive than Massacring some Jews in Ukraine, Baltic and Belarus. Even still I do seem that Jews will be Massacred by the Russkiy in the Hundreds of Thousands to even the Million ( But possibly 1 to 2 Millions Jew being Murdered by The Tsar Army ) but it will be still not as terrible as the Holocaust in OTL.
The Russians didn't set up industrial scale death camps which would make murdering all those Jews a lot harder especially when they have to deal with the Germans.
I'm of the belief that the Tsarists basically mirror what the Nazis did IOTL as the books would like to have us think that; and I'm sure there's many other fans that think so too. Granted, and obviously, the Tsarists won't completely mirror what the Nazis did because they won't have murder factories of their own. They also aren't probably as organized as the Nazis. Keep in mind that during that stage of Operation Barbarossa by the Axis in the Soviet Union, it was known as the 'Holocaust by bullets', with the Einsatzgruppen and Waffen-SS following the Wehrmacht. ITTL, the Russian Tsarists have the Black Hundreds and Okhrana as their paramilitary groups at their disposal to carry out their atrocities. Not only that, they're going to have many local collaborators help do the dirty work alongside them (e.g. the pro-Russian/nationalist partisans mentioned). The Imperial Russian Army will help as well stamp out anyone deemed "undesirables" they see wherever they roam. Forced deportation to Siberia and Central Asia, and slave labor will be other methods used against them and other persecuted/targeted groups. David has written up on that. As CASSICTOR2 said, the death toll will be in the low millions for Jews murdered at the hands of the Tsarists, as well as millions of other civilians too. Looking back at my post, I'd refine and say that a sizable chunk of the Jewish populations of former Soviet countries would survive knowing well aware who the Tsarists are and flee; but I'd still say the populations would still be firmly reduced and take a very long time to recover--or even never.

Last edited:
I'm of the belief that the Tsarists basically mirror what the Nazis did IOTL as the books would like to have us think that; and I'm sure there's many other fans that think so too. Granted, and obviously, the Tsarists won't completely mirror what the Nazis did because they won't have murder factories of their own. They also aren't probably as organized as the Nazis. Keep in mind that during that stage of Operation Barbarossa by the Axis in the Soviet Union, it was know as the 'Holocaust by bullets', with the Einsatzgruppen and Waffen-SS following the Wehrmacht. ITTL, the Russian Tsarists have the Black Hundreds and Okhrana as their paramilitary groups they to carry out their atrocities. Not only that, they're going to have many local collaborators help do the dirty work alongside them (e.g. the pro-Russian/nationalist partisans mentioned). The Imperial Russian Army will help as well stamp out anyone deemed "undesirables" they see wherever they roam. Forced deportation to Siberia and Central Asia, and slave labor will be other methods used against them and other persecuted/targeted groups. David has written up on that. As CASSICTOR2 said, the death toll will be in the low millions for Jews murdered at the hands, as well as millions of other civilians too. Looking back at my post, I'd refine and say that a sizable chunk of the Jewish populations of former Soviet countries would survive knowing well aware who the Tsarists are and flee; but I'd still say the populations would still be firmly reduced and take a very long time to recover.
I'm in agreement that the population is reduced but I believe the books themselves mentioned the Russians didn't make much advance due to utilizing human wave attacks against the Germans and Austrians. Also I believe it was explicitly mentioned in the last book that the CSA was the only nation that set up industrial scale camps to murder undesirables. Although something interesting I now remember is that it was mentioned that the CSA apparently didn't deport any blacks from the USA to their death camps

I'm in agreement that the population is reduced but I believe the books themselves mentioned the Russians didn't make much advance due to utilizing human wave attacks against the Germans and Austrians. Also I believe it was explicitly mentioned in the last book that the CSA was the only nation that set up industrial scale camps to murder undesirables. Although something interesting I now remember is that it was mentioned that the CSA apparently didn't deport any blacks from the USA to their death camps
Unsure how far it's mentioned they advanced, but most I could probably see the Russians advance is the Baltic states, East Prussia, part of Poland, and Galicia and Volhynia. Romania's neutral in both wars, so they're not invaded. On the other hand, there may be a heroic defense at Warsaw since OTL's Polish-Soviet War's Battle of Warsaw doesn't happen.
--
I assume the fate for any African-American the CS Army or FPG found would be immediate execution, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Unsure how far it's mentioned they advanced, but most I could probably see the Russians advance is the Baltic states, East Prussia, part of Poland, and Galicia and Volhynia. Romania's neutral in both wars, so they're not invaded. On the other hand, there may be a heroic defense at Warsaw since OTL's Polish-Soviet War's Battle of Warsaw doesn't happen.
--
I assume the fate for any African-American the CS Army or FPG found would be immediate execution, unfortunately.
Maybe African-Americans are executed though I think few of them would live near the border or regions actually occupied by the CSA so they'd be pretty safe.

By 2022 in TTL, theme parks are much less of a prominent presence in the USA in comparison to our world. Where theme parks do exist, they usually cater to very local customer bases.

-

To echo what jycee wrote above, Cuba is one of the USA’s premier tourist destinations by 2022, along with most of the other Caribbean states.

During the 2010s, Cuba was also one of the most popular centers of a global subculture known as Ios: a life of travel from one tourist locale to another for the purposes of partying. The Ios subculture was one of the hallmarks of the worldwide economic boom of the 2010s, but largely came to an end with the Great Housing Crash.

Last edited:
Romania's neutral in both wars, so they're not invaded.
In my Head-canon, Romania still involves the Great War like OTL but they completely lost to the Central powers.
After that there was year’s of bitterness and Want to take revenge against Austria and “People” thought they betrayed Romania. This will later bite the. In the ass sooner to came

This will helped an Actionist movement to grew Popularly that promises to fulfilled Greater Romania, known as “The Iron Guard” led by Corneliu Codreanu
(Soon nicknamed being “Featherstone of the Balkan/Europe” in Post-War era )

After soon the IG Party grew popular enough to get Elected into the Romania Government in 1932, now they can control Romania into their Extreme imagine and soon be Allie’s to the Entente Power especially Russia.

They joined Russian forces to attack on Central Power and Mainly goes full Blackbeard on AH in 1941 and occupied all of Transylvania and half of Hungry. They committed the worst crimes against Jews, Hungarian, Germans and Romani in SGW that it’s even rival to CSA, Japan and Russian crimes by its Brutality

But its all come to an end in 1944 when the Entente fall one by one, eventually Russia the Biggest Orthodox Allies to Legionnaires government surrendered.

Leaving Romania the only Entente power in the Eastern Europe Front, AH didn’t lose this opportunity and rush their army into Occupy lands to the way to Capital of Romania itself.
It’s was the Worst fighting in Europe besides the Battle of Warsaw but after 4 Years of Genocide, Brutality and Horror of Modern warfare faced by the AH and Romanian people, it’s finally over in a Danubian victory.

I assume the fate for any African-American the CS Army or FPG found would be immediate execution, unfortunately
If CSA treat their Blacks population is True, then it an referral way to die than Being tortured to death and Gassed in FG Campsite

Which US states are the fastest growing and declining as of TTL’s 2022?

By 2022, the US states with the fastest growing populations include the Mid-Atlantic states, the Canadian states, the industrial states in the Midwest, California, New Mexico, Nevada, Sonora, Chihuahua, and Cuba.

The states of the Midsouth have the highest rates of population decline, mostly due to large numbers of people continuing to leave the region.

By 2022, the US states with the fastest growing populations include the Mid-Atlantic states, the Canadian states, the industrial states in the Midwest, California, New Mexico, Nevada, Sonora, Chihuahua, and Cuba.

The states of the Midsouth have the highest rates of population decline, mostly due to large numbers of people continuing to leave the region.
Thank you!

How does Russia teach its role in the sgw especially their treatment of Jews
As David has posted, they basically acknowledge what happened under the former Empire, but at the same time they've never apologized for what happened nor do they want to hold any collective responsibility for what their ancestors did. It's a mind-boggling arrangement to describe it best. Perhaps some sort of superiority complex is involved too.

As David has posted, they basically acknowledge what happened under the former Empire, but at the same time they've never apologized for what happened nor do they want to hold any collective responsibility for what their ancestors did. It's a mind-boggling arrangement to describe it best. Perhaps some sort of superiority complex is involved too.

Sounds somewhat similar to OTLs Japan minus the renunciation of war. The crimes are acknowledged but no apology has been made and likely never will.