Timeline Voting: Communist or Monarchist America ?

Which Timeline should I do ?

• Monarchist USA

Votes: 73 61.9%
  • Communist USA

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • Continue "Golden Eagle"

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Another one (Comment)

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
I voted monarchist America. The biggest question would be the strength of the monarchy. Maybe have the king take the place of the president as the executive branch of the government? I'd like to see what would happen if say the King of the Americans say married into one of the states in the HRE and got territory separate from the US.

Both. Monarcho-Communist USA.
The 1963 Reforms the Shah of Iran imposed were called Monarcho-Communist by opposition from more conservative elements of society.

The land reform measures and social reforms in particular were the ones that got the label.

So there is precedent for such a title.

First and foremost, this is your timeline, make what you want of it. That said, I think King Washington has been done a lot, and some other candidates may be worth considering. We have a Henry of Prussia TL at the moment, though I suppose one could take that in another direction. It's probably a long shot, but maybe Bonnie Prince Charlie?

I think an exiled King James II who brings a sizable enough army could make himself King of America in 1690 if he wanted to. There would be opposition, but it could be crushed easily enough at that point. The French frontier would get a lot quieter. Really, only New England would require substantial effort at taking, as they had deposed his Royal Governor by force.

I say communist as long as it's not just "Soviet Union in America" complete with American Stalin and the like.

I think it would be very interesting to see how a Communist economy develops in a country with a liberal background, rather than a feudal one in Russia. How the message of equality is interpreted in a country with a long history of racial segregation but no Nobility like in Russia. And of course how the fact that there's no rival neighbour like Germany to Russia affects it's view on military and expansion.

I agree. If anything, you should do a scenario where communism works (or at least better than it did in the 20th century).

Ah, the good ol'Monarchist America TL. Typically if this doesn't die it butterflies in such a way that I usually find little interest, which is a real shame in that it's a good idea with alot to build on. Some I've read typically use it as a means to Balkanize America which is a big turn off for me.

I humbly offer my services as a beta or even as a source of ideas. I mean, if you go through with it.

Ah, the good ol'Monarchist America TL. Typically if this doesn't die it butterflies in such a way that I usually find little interest, which is a real shame in that it's a good idea with alot to build on. Some I've read typically use it as a means to Balkanize America which is a big turn off for me.

I humbly offer my services as a beta or even as a source of ideas. I mean, if you go through with it.
I already did, it's called "Empire of Freedom"