Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides history and technology what would the culture of modern day in this timeline be like
If the timeline goes as @Master123 said, then:
2021, the great game still continues (otl cold war) between the Dynamist Bloc formed by the USA, Great Colombia and Italy and the Cosmist bloc led by the Eurasian Union. The setting is between Cyberpunk and Biopunk. There are some permanent settlements on the Moon and Mars.
Cosmism is very defined as ideology:
What is Dynamism? IDK so I will invent something.
In order to make it fun I will suppose that it's an ideology created in a timeline where gilded age of capitalism never gets limited so the economy is controlled by big trust corporations and holdings combined with the existence of a huge black market for the poorer strata of the system.
The society under this ideology mixes social darwinism with a strong puritanism (sexual censorship, alcool prohibitionism, etc...) because there is a "self made man" philosophy, so vices are obstacles in your way... Of course the black market offers you whatever you want. Whatever.
In politics these companies will impose a night-watchman state, with verylow taxes that will be used to pay the police, the judges and the military; everything else has to be adquisted in the free market. Or the black one.
This system enforces the technologic developpement so some kind of futurism is mainstream in aesthetics, but a futurism that not olny embraces every technological improvement but that also complains about the physical limits of the human beings; because of that cyborg modifications are cool. Genetic modifications instead are less cool, because puritanism mentality allow altering human performance but is against altering human nature.

Other possible ideologies?

If the timeline goes as @Master123 said, then:

Cosmism is very defined as ideology:
What is Dynamism? IDK so I will invent something.
In order to make it fun I will suppose that it's an ideology created in a timeline where gilded age of capitalism never gets limited so the economy is controlled by big trust corporations and holdings combined with the existence of a huge black market for the poorer strata of the system.
The society under this ideology mixes social darwinism with a strong puritanism (sexual censorship, alcool prohibitionism, etc...) because there is a "self made man" philosophy, so vices are obstacles in your way... Of course the black market offers you whatever you want. Whatever.
In politics these companies will impose a night-watchman state, with verylow taxes that will be used to pay the police, the judges and the military; everything else has to be adquisted in the free market. Or the black one.
This system enforces the technologic developpement so some kind of futurism is mainstream in aesthetics, but a futurism that not olny embraces every technological improvement but that also complains about the physical limits of the human beings; because of that cyborg modifications are cool. Genetic modifications instead are less cool, because puritanism mentality allow altering human performance but is against altering human nature.

Other possible ideologies?
I feel like the augmentation stuff would be the other way around. This society would probably prefer to, in their own eyes, "perfect" the human form rather then outright mix it with technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.