Timeline-93 presents: What if Fox Family kept going?

Deleted member 143718

In 1997 of Timeline-93, Fox Kids/Saban was able to successfully purchase The Family Channel before Disney would get the chance to do so. This network assured that all of the OTL Fox Family programs that aired in OTL as well as now-obscure Fox Kids shows and even shows that aired on The Hub and Discovery Kids/Family (both recent and obscure) aired on this network and never went into obscurity. The shows that aired on this network are G4's My Little Pony, Adventure Time, Steven Universe, and the original and reboot shows of Animaniacs and Tiny Toons, and The Powerpuff Girls (and Powerpuff Girls Z) are just the select few of other shows that aired on this network.

ADDENDUM: This is tied to my Toonami page (https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...d-of-an-animation-block.535636/#post-23708995) as these networks exist on my TL-93's television networks

Last edited by a moderator:
In 1997 of Timeline-93, Fox Kids/Saban was able to successfully purchase The Family Channel before Disney would get the chance to do so. This network assured that all of the Fox Family programs that aired in OTL as well as now-obscure Fox Kids shows and even shows that aired on The Hub and Discovery Kids/Family (both recent and obscure) air on this network. What other shows would you recommend on this network; for the most part, shows like G4's My Little Pony, Adventure Time, Steven Universe,and the original and reboot shows of Animaniacs and Tiny Toons, are just the select few of other shows that air on this network .

ADDENDUM: This is tied to my Toonami page (https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...d-of-an-animation-block.535636/#post-23708995) as these networks exist on my TL-93's television networks
You know what?

This, I want...

And I'll be MORE than willing to help you with this "Timeline-93" stuff!

Deleted member 143718

You know what?

This, I want...

And I'll be MORE than willing to help you with this "Timeline-93" stuff!
Excellent. But like I said, right now, all my TL-93 stuff is on my DeviantART page for right now and I don't really know how to do it here. I kinda want to do a "remake" of it (I have a ton of new info to add, plus add its history, and do some corrections and so on).

The Family Channel before Disney would get the chance to do so
You know what would have been the best? if Disney got The family channel and got burned by it and later on Fox, Saban and other partners try to start their own children/family channel later on, I think the wasted money on trying to retool that religious network that killed fox endeavour. As an independent Fox Kids Channel thrived outside the USA so was possible

Deleted member 143718

Disney got The family channel and got burned by it
Actually in Timeline-93, Disney was already having a hard time following the release of Aida. Sure it was a critical darling and won the Academy Award for Best Original Song ("Written in the Stars" - by Elton John and LeAnn Rhimes), but it was a SIGNIFICANT box office failure and ended the Disney Renaissance gracelessly. By 2004, Disney was bought out by Comcast (a deal that ACTUALLY almost came to pass, but didn't). So yeah… Disney in Timeline-93 isn't doing all too hot.

Excellent. But like I said, right now, all my TL-93 stuff is on my DeviantART page for right now and I don't really know how to do it here. I kinda want to do a "remake" of it (I have a ton of new info to add, plus add its history, and do some corrections and so on).
Actually in Timeline-93, Disney was already having a hard time following the release of Aida. Sure it was a critical darling and won the Academy Award for Best Original Song ("Written in the Stars" - by Elton John and LeAnn Rhimes), but it was a SIGNIFICANT box office failure and ended the Disney Renaissance gracelessly. By 2004, Disney was bought out by Comcast (a deal that ACTUALLY almost came to pass, but didn't). So yeah… Disney in Timeline-93 isn't doing all too hot.
Can I get a link to all of this Timeline-93 stuff?

Yeah.

I already saw that, and I'm following you now on DeviantArt! Although it is similar to @RySenkari and @Nivek's TL, it is distinct enough to not cause any hoots about it.

And I would love to hear more about what you have planned for the Fox and Fox Family channels.

I'm going to invite you to a PM.

Check your inbox in a few minutes.

Deleted member 143718

Although it is similar to @RySenkari and @Nivek's TL, it is distinct enough to not cause any hoots about it.
Yeah, it may look like a copy and paste (and I tried hard to not make it so and add my own take on the idea), but I was HUGELY inspired by @RySenkari and @Nivek's timeline - both with games and non-games, but its MAJOR defactor is its history (ask me about it if you want) - that I wanted to do something like this just for myself, plus it was all for fun (at least from my end). But like I said, I'm actually planning to do a remake of this timeline sometime in the future (namely to fix any typos, tone down long-winded subjects, add new information, etc.) and it has quite a unique looking world, where about 90-92% of this world is A LOT more calmer and relaxed than in our timeline (but it's also not without its own problems as well…)

Deleted member 143718

And I would love to hear more about what you have planned for the Fox and Fox Family channels.
Interesting enough, the two channels came to be because the Overmyer Network was able to succeed and Fox News and (half of) the Fox Broadcasting Network (the other half, I'll get to in a tick) was absorbed the two networks and Overmyer Network continued on.

Now as for the Fox Network was the result of the other half of the Fox Broadcasting Company as well as what would have been FX and FXX to merge together.

And Fox Family was just the product of Fox successfully buying out The Family Channel before Disney had the chance to do so, thus all its game shows and Fox Kids shows that are now obscure to remain on the network and never fall into obscurity. Hell, when Discovery was bought by Fox Corps. (basically, they're was Disney is in OTL right now), numerous shows from their Discovery Kids/The Hub/Discovery Family network(s) came to Fox Family.

Want to know anything else about this or anything else in Timeline-93, just ask.

Interesting enough, the two channels came to be because the Overmyer Network was able to succeed and Fox News and (half of) the Fox Broadcasting Network (the other half, I'll get to in a tick) was absorbed the two networks and Overmyer Network continued on.
But how and this whole thing didn't start until the 80's, which by then the Overmyer Network was long gone and forgotten?
Now as for the Fox Network was the result of the other half of the Fox Broadcasting Company as well as what would have been FX and FXX to merge together.
I would actually like to see this...
And Fox Family was just the product of Fox successfully buying out The Family Channel before Disney had the chance to do so,
Actually, Fox brought them first, then sold it to Disney.....

The thing to do is to have management that actually made some sense and not have constant arguing between Murdoch and Saban over the direction of the channel and try to get enough money to pay Pat Robertson to get The 700 Club off of the channel so Fox can do as they wish with it.
thus all its game shows and Fox Kids shows that are now obscure to remain on the network and never fall into obscurity. Hell, when Discovery was bought by Fox Corps. (basically, they're was Disney is in OTL right now), numerous shows from their Discovery Kids/The Hub/Discovery Family network(s) came to Fox Family.
What happened here?
Want to know anything else about this or anything else in Timeline-93, just ask.
Ok.

And Fox Family was just the product of Fox successfully buying out The Family Channel before Disney had the chance to do so, thus all its game shows and Fox Kids shows that are now obscure to remain on the network and never fall into obscurity. Hell, when Discovery was bought by Fox Corps. (basically, they're was Disney is in OTL right now), numerous shows from their Discovery Kids/The Hub/Discovery Family network(s) came to Fox Family.

No Fox Network, no the rest, Murdoch built his western Empire around his OTA channel, not the other way around

Deleted member 143718

But how and this whole thing didn't start until the 80's, which by then the Overmyer Network was long gone and forgotten?
Actually, Fox brought them first, then sold it to Disney.....

The thing to do is to have management that actually made some sense and not have constant arguing between Murdoch and Saban over the direction of the channel and try to get enough money to pay Pat Robertson to get The 700 Club off of the channel so Fox can do as they wish with it.
Hmm… as I told Nivek, I might have to do some reworking. I'm not an actual professional at this and I am trying to learn as I go… so this info DOES help me out largely.

Deleted member 143718

Ok.

That's great! I'll be willing to help you with some of it!
That would be MUCH appreciated! Again, I don't claim to be a pro at this, but at least I'm learning about it and all the info I can learn and all the help I can get makes it a helluva lot easier for me.