Timeline 191 - Would the US inherit the remains of the British Empire?

I'm not particularly convinced that a true cold war like OTL would be inevitable really anywhere. There'd be an uneasy peace most likely but Germany and America have no real reason to antagonize each other and Japan doesn't have global ambitions or influence.

More than likely each of the three would just stick to their own spheres of influence, America's I see including Australia and New Zealand but not much else outside of the Americas.

There would be eventual competition between all three superpowers. I've said before that each country will play off one another when it is convenient. Friends one day, enemies in another. It's been mentioned here that it will be less ideologically motivated (Capitalism vs. Communism) and more of a type of "Great Game". Japan, however, would be more inclined to have some kind of ideology, since that's what made them a threat OTL (Japanese Supremacy, Divinity Will of the Emperor, etc.)

Probably just the Caribbean would go to U.S.; which it really de fact possessed since 1917 (not counting the 1941-1943 period that the British re-established a presence there). The other parts of the British Empire would either fall under Germany (Africa) and Japan (Asia), lean toward the U.S. (Australia/New Zealand), or break out into open conflict (India).

This is almost exactly my viewpoint, too. However, I think the Danish and Dutch would still retain their Caribbean islands.

Any thoughts on French Guiana?

I'm not particularly convinced that a true cold war like OTL

But what if a new aggressively expansionist regime should emerge somewhere else in the world? If not Marxism in Russia, then what about a revitalized Ottoman Empire driven by fundamentalist Islamic teachings? What if this revitalized Ottoman Empire attempted to introduce pan Islamic ideology to black refugees from the death camps? if not a revitalized Ottoman Empire, what about the possibility of a nationalistic Spain (General Franco, or someone like him) which tries to regain influence in its former colonies around the world?

It seems that the 191 world was in a huge state of chaos following the end of the Second Great War, and that there would be a huge power vacuum on the international scene following the demise of the British Empire. something would have to fill that vacuum within the first few years, and whatever that force turned out to be, the US and Germany would most likely find themselves on the same side of a stand off with this new power, just as the US and the UK found themselves standing together against the USSR in our timeline.

Or maybe everyone would just join hands and dance around the maypole.

There would be eventual competition between all three superpowers. I've said before that each country will play off one another when it is convenient. Friends one day, enemies in another. It's been mentioned here that it will be less ideologically motivated (Capitalism vs. Communism) and more of a type of "Great Game". Japan, however, would be more inclined to have some kind of ideology, since that's what made them a threat OTL (Japanese Supremacy, Divinity Will of the Emperor, etc.)

This is almost exactly my viewpoint, too. However, I think the Danish and Dutch would still retain their Caribbean islands.

Any thoughts on French Guiana?

French Guiana would probably be taken by the U.S.

French Guiana would probably be taken by the U.S.
Or Brazil. There is nothing in French Guiana that the USA cannot get from its own or CSA territory and it does not provide say a strategic opening like Panama or block against another power. In contrast Brazil had a border dispute with the country circum 1853. Thus there would be nothing to stop them opening the claim then either amassing a naval task force and troops on merchant ships then sailing to Cayenne or sending a few divisions along the coastal road to do the same. As Brazil was a member of the WW1 Central Powers I doubt that the USA would object to such an action.

This assumes that the Brazilians have not already done so in either war.