• 3 - Moderately Plausible

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • 4- Generally Plausible

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • 5- Very Plausible

Votes: 5 13.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Charleston is currently the capital. Because of the additions of Virginia, Cumberland, and Lower Louisiana plus increased settlement in the territories, Charleston is not going to remain a good fit forever because it’s immediately on the coast and doesn’t represent the increasingly northern and western shifts in population.
I'd say that Richmond. Virginia could become capital given the population increase and industry in the 1800s like in OTL. It was also the capital of the Confederate States of America (CSA) and probably the most important Southern city besides New Orleans, Louisiana, Charleston, South Carolina, Nashville and Memphis, Tennessee respectively.

As far as what happens to Texas and the Southwestern territories for both America and the Confederacy (the abbreviated name for the Southern American Confederation) believe me not only will Manifest Destiny be very different but so will slavery and how it ends.

Last edited:
I'd say that Richmond. Virginia could become capital given the population increase and industry in the 1800s like in OTL. It was also the capital of the Confederate States of America (CSA) and probably the most important Southern city besides New Orleans, Louisiana, Charleston, South Carolina, Nashville and Memphis, Tennessee respectively.

As far as what happens to Texas and the Southwestern territories for both America and the Confederacy (the abbreviated name for the Southern American Confederation) believe me not only will Manifest Destiny be very different but so will slavery and how it ends.
I was actually considering Richmond but based on the current situation it seems a bit too close to the US border. I don’t think the state of North Virginia would be too happy with that.

I was actually considering Richmond but based on the current situation it seems a bit too close to the US border. I don’t think the state of North Virginia would be too happy with that.
Virginia will become more populous and industrialized over time and this includes Richmond itself. Louisiana has only just been recently acquired and New Orleans, Louisiana is too soon while the other cities in the SAC aren't nearly as populous as Richmond over time except Charleston, South Carolina.

Could moving the capital from somewhere in SC to somewhere in SC cause resentment amongst the other states? I know NC has some latent issues with "prideful South Carolina"

PGBS Hurricane, what are the states of the Southern American Confederation (SAC): We know that Virginia (the non-Northern half), North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee and Cumberland (formerly Kentucky) are part of it but what are the names of the other two territories/soon to be states: Are they called Alabama and Mississippi like OTL or is it something else different. Arkansas and Oklahoma are inevitably going to end up as part of the SAC given that they have effective control of the areas part of those present-day states.

Political Parties: Since Andrew Jackson will likely be President of the SAC this means the Democratic Party as we know it won't exist in the United States and thus radically alters the two party system which includes the Whig Party as well.

Trail of Tears: I can expect this event to occur per OTL.

Napoleonic Wars: Let's just say it will end more or less like it did in OTL.

Last edited:
PGBS Hurricane, what are the states of the Southern American Confederation (SAC): We know that Virginia (the non-Northern half), North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee and Cumberland (formerly Kentucky) are part of it but what are the names of the other two territories/soon to be states: Are they called Alabama and Mississippi like OTL or is it something else different. Arkansas and Oklahoma are inevitably going to end up as part of the SAC given that they have effective control of the areas part of those present-day states.

Political Parties: Since Andrew Jackson will likely be President of the SAC this means the Democratic Party as we know it won't exist in the United States and thus radically alters the two party system which includes the Whig Party as well.

Trail of Tears: I can expect this event to occur per OTL.

Napoleonic Wars: Let's just say it will end more or less like it did in OTL.
Cumberland is the southern half of Kentucky. The northern half is with the Union. Current territories include Alabama (northern half of OTL Alabama), Yazoo (northern half of OTL Mississippi), Mississippi (southern halves of OTL Alabama and Mississippi), Orleans (much of OTL Louisiana) and Louisiana (OTL Arkansas and Oklahoma). There's a two party system on both sides of the border (Federalists and Republicans in the North, and Nationalists and Democrats in the South) but without the War of 1812 I can't see it falling apart like OTL. The Trail of Tears may actually be moved up. As for the Napoleanic Wars, the USA and SAC are being careful at staying neutral but the outcome may be slightly different, such as Florida possibly being annexed earlier.

Cumberland is the southern half of Kentucky. The northern half is with the Union. Current territories include Alabama (northern half of OTL Alabama), Yazoo (northern half of OTL Mississippi), Mississippi (southern halves of OTL Alabama and Mississippi), Orleans (much of OTL Louisiana) and Louisiana (OTL Arkansas and Oklahoma). There's a two party system on both sides of the border (Federalists and Republicans in the North, and Nationalists and Democrats in the South) but without the War of 1812 I can't see it falling apart like OTL. The Trail of Tears may actually be moved up. As for the Napoleanic Wars, the USA and SAC are being careful at staying neutral but the outcome may be slightly different, such as Florida possibly being annexed earlier.
So there are 11 states in the Southern American Confederation (SAC): Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, Mississippi, Yazoo, Alabama, Louisiana and Orleans. I'm guessing that some of these states could merge or split off at least the territories. Florida might also join.