Timeless

I wish they'd do like Sliders' first seasons where they'd show the characters finding out how history is different and show a bit of the culture of the alternate earth, enough to get you invested, but not so much it would take away from the plot.

Well do that sometime in the epilogue, though they never tried to do something where messing with the timeline changed thing significantly except on a personal level

Jasen777

Donor
TV Tropes has a thing called Villain Decay. I think this show is having Hero Decay. They not only failed once again to capture / kill Flynn again (who is a better fighter than our soldier and as good as a historian as our historian) they didn't even partial prevent his plan this time.

TV Tropes has a thing called Villain Decay. I think this show is having Hero Decay. They not only failed once again to capture / kill Flynn again (who is a better fighter than our soldier and as good as a historian as our historian) they didn't even partial prevent his plan this time.
Maybe he's not a better historian than Lucy, he just actually uses Wikipedia. :p

Flynn does have Lucy's diary, so he does have a certain advantage. Plus he has no restrictions on constantly changing the timeline like Lucy, Wyatt and Rufus have.

I think the idea is that Flynn is becoming more of a foil rather than an antagonist, not really redeeming but saying that he's not the worst thing around, basically he's meant to be the wild card in the deck

Jasen777

Donor
I think the idea is that Flynn is becoming more of a foil rather than an antagonist, not really redeeming but saying that he's not the worst thing around, basically he's meant to be the wild card in the deck

Sure, but it still might make then look bad (or at least show the pattern of failing that marks "villain decay"). Even in universe they wanted to dump Wyatt some time ago for failing his job. Also our heroes can't even cock block without (spoilers) and only didn't because of the (extremely bizarre if it weren't a TV show) lack of pilots meaning they had to not when Rufus insisted.

Ok, so I'm just mad they didn't show more Galaga.

Yes, I am afraid it was the season finale. Well, given the track record of such shows, we will have to wait and see if it returns next season or not.