Timeless

I enjoyed the show, but didn't totally follow it.
How was the original Hindenburg explosion avoided. Why didn't the rope get dragged in the water the same way?

From what one of the main characters said, they rolled up the rope before it was dragged through the water.
I wonder what other changes their were to the timeline with those 36 people surviving.

Oh I missed that line. I figured he changed things the workers were doing, when he tried to save that woman.

36 people!

They told that at the end of the movie with George C. Scott. I was surprised, so few in that flying inferno.
In the show different people die, in a later explosion. The woman comes back, and finds her mother in good health, but her sister doesn't exist.

Next week they try to prevent the Lincoln assassination from going worse. History will change again.

Maybe they'll work their way to a reality where this show didn't exist? ;)

I don't really hold much hope for this. The actors are not at all convincing in their roles, none of them really inhabit it. The Special forces guy does not come across as a badass, or even particularly athletic. The historian academic doesn't carry. The black tech guy... They all look and seem more 'Hollywood pretty' than real people in real jobs. The supporting character actors are more convincing.

The McGuffin of 'we have to track and stop a time travelling terrorist from changing history' seems rather contrived. So.... basically, this is a version of 'The Fugitive' with Time Travel? The chase will go from epoch to epoch, and the lives of locals will be affected, and then they'll move on. Haven't we seen it before? Isn't it a recipe for futility. The writing, the cinematography, the production design, it all seems pretty pedestrian and standard.

There's suggestions of an X-files conspiracy going on, and a few loose ends intended to be dangling plot threads suggestive of arcs. But honestly, the center through line just doesn't seem very strong. It's cliché.

Plus, it's likely to get fairly expensive fairly fast. Even with CGI enhancement, it's just going to kick up.

Watch reruns of the Time Tunnel. Watch Quantum Leap. Watch Legends of Tomorrow.

Watch Doctor Who.

Go watch Twin Peaks. Or Pushing Daisies.

Last edited:
Maybe they'll work their way to a reality where this show didn't exist? ;)

I don't really hold much hope for this. The actors are not at all convincing in their roles, none of them really inhabit it. The Special forces guy does not come across as a badass, or even particularly athletic. The historian academic doesn't carry. The black tech guy... They all look and seem more 'Hollywood pretty' than real people in real jobs. The supporting character actors are more convincing.

The McGuffin of 'we have to track and stop a time travelling terrorist from changing history' seems rather contrived. So.... basically, this is a version of 'The Fugitive' with Time Travel? The chase will go from epoch to epoch, and the lives of locals will be affected, and then they'll move on. Haven't we seen it before? Isn't it a recipe for futility. The writing, the cinematography, the production design, it all seems pretty pedestrian and standard.

There's suggestions of an X-files conspiracy going on, and a few loose ends intended to be dangling plot threads suggestive of arcs. But honestly, the center through line just doesn't seem very strong. It's cliché.

Plus, it's likely to get fairly expensive fairly fast. Even with CGI enhancement, it's just going to kick up.

Watch reruns of the Time Tunnel. Watch Quantum Leap. Watch Legends of Tomorrow.

Watch Doctor Who.

Go watch Twin Peaks. Or Pushing Daisies.

It would be bad to come home and find yourself replaced by a better actor.

There's a twilight zone episode: guy is working at his desk, then suddenly it's a movie set. Not only is his life just a movie project, but it's being cancelled.

Time tunnel: they meet Niccolo Machiavelli: you say I am a world famous for promoting evil, veddy goowd!

Quantum leap: sometimes amusing, sometimes a good preachiness. I don't get premise. He's suppose to intervene and make things better; then he can stop leaping? Did they do a final episode?..

I didn't like Dr Who.

Twin Peaks, there was some mystery about who killed a woman? Some big weirdness vibe? Don't remember well.

I will look up: legends of tomorrow, and pushing daises.

Time Tunnel was a 1960's Irwin Allen potboiler. Basically a couple of guys bouncing around randomly in historical epochs, no larger plot.

Quantum Leap was mostly comedy and character based, Scott Bakula was engaging, it wasn't anything profound. He didn't change history, just small lives one at a time, and most of the complications of each episode was the struggle to figure out what was going on and how to fix it.

Twin Peaks, terrific weirdness vibe. Shows what you can do on television, if you aren't sticking to the beaten path.

As I said in the other thread in NPC, if you want a good show like this, watch El Ministerio del Tiempo. However, the pilot has an interesting scheme by the bad guys, and actually keeping history changed avoiding the OTL status quo is god trope was neat. They at least have my interest for now.

Time Tunnel was a 1960's Irwin Allen potboiler. Basically a couple of guys bouncing around randomly in historical epochs, no larger plot.

Quantum Leap was mostly comedy and character based, Scott Bakula was engaging, it wasn't anything profound. He didn't change history, just small lives one at a time, and most of the complications of each episode was the struggle to figure out what was going on and how to fix it.

Twin Peaks, terrific weirdness vibe. Shows what you can do on television, if you aren't sticking to the beaten path.

Time tunnel: random, but they kept going to crises.
I was a big fan. Holy crap it's been about 50 years.

Quantum leap: it's on the oldies channel a lot. Can be fun to watch.

Pushing daises? Was that about the funeral business, like six foot under?

And the other, I don't remember?

Last edited:
As I said in the other thread in NPC, if you want a good show like this, watch El Ministerio del Tiempo. However, the pilot has an interesting scheme by the bad guys, and actually keeping history changed avoiding the OTL status quo is god trope was neat. They at least have my interest for now.

Yes I've hard of that one. Timeless paid them a settlement for copyright?
Is El Min. del T. available? On YouTube? In English, or subtitles?

Yes I've hard of that one. Timeless paid them a settlement for copyright?
Is El Min. del T. available? On YouTube? In English, or subtitles?
I know El Ministerio sued, haven't seen if anything has come of that yet though.

It's available free on rtve.es but it's in Spanish and right now only has Spanish captions. I've seen a few unofficial English subtitles floating around the internet but haven't tried any of them.

One of the things that makes El Ministerio a lot better IMO is using a team of people from different time periods. It allows for a lot more discussion of change in culture and norms across the centuries and let's each character have some amount of historical knowledge so it's not just the one person who knows about all of history.

I'm honestly surprised they made Lucy's sister a subplot instead of just going "butterflies" and then never mentioning it again.

Nope, that shootout won't change anything at all, nosiree. Bullets from a modern silenced pistol being found littered near Ford's Theatre in April 1865 can't possibly change anything.

Nope, that shootout won't change anything at all, nosiree. Bullets from a modern silenced pistol being found littered near Ford's Theatre in April 1865 can't possibly change anything.

Well Syc Semper Tyrannis is probably an obscure latin phrase, John Wilkes Booth is forgotten by history

Robert Todd Lincoln life is different he wasn't there for assination that could affect him pretty badly, heck Lincoln didn't die on the spot it took a few hours before he was actually dead

Well it would be upsetting to have your sister unborn.
So because they avoided the original Hindenburg explosion, butterfly her parents never meet, and her sister wasn't born. She herself still is her mother's child because it would be a bigger contradiction to cause your own existence to not happen.

They lost me with the: cut out the bullet, then we both go off into battle bit. It would have to be a nearly spent round, that lodged just under the skin.

Well that's an interesting POD. September 1962 in Vegas during a DNC fundraiser with JFK, Sinatra, and others in attendance.

Well they managed not to screw the timeline this time......though they might end up giving nukes to the nazis if next episode preview any indication