Thousand-Week Reich - My attempt at a 'realistic' Nazi victory scenario from r/imaginarymaps

So, over time, I posted a series of maps on r/imaginarmaps on reddit as part of a series in which I attempted to create a realistic Nazi victory scenario amongst all those unrealistic ones.

Series of maps, still ongoing and being updated- https://www.reddit.com/r/AP246/comments/7ch604/the_thousandweek_reich_a_realistic_nazi_victory/

As well as the maps on reddit, I also am in the middle of making a HOI4 mod loosely based on the scenario known as 'TWR'. It's recently been merged with the Darkest Hour mod, becoming a submod to use their already finished base mechanics. The mod is set in 1952, and is mostly based on the scenario I made through the maps and media.

The mod has some differences to the original maps, namely the rump USSR controls the whole Ural region, and the rival government backed by the US, led by Sergei Wojciechowski, is based in the Russian Far East. There are also some other subtle differences.

See more at r/twrmod

Someone recently linked a map based on my scenrio to alternatehistory.com which I rarely visit, so just decided to post this here just so people can see.

(If I'm doing something wrong posting this here, sorry. I've barely been to this website, so I don't really know how it work).

selection of a few maps below

FeAkf2LOmzhA6Q5ZbCQJ-IScX4yZrQysAZ4XHlChdfc.png

FwMdp8AsTxF06hVVDWid-F9zsi6X7uju2znhwviRHQ8.png

65Un1PKtkDESgsX7Z9D0p_A5Yx_fooX1-DMckKbr8jI.png

bnw39eFsOVOPhpf6GCL8Lumk5-tt3BPlbsjIvhCQqiU.png

Last edited:
First, welcome aboard! Very interesting premise.

Second, could you please go over some of the details about how they won the war and the world as it exists in this scenario? Has Germany continued her development of submarines and missiles, if so how far along are they, etc?

First, welcome aboard! Very interesting premise.

Second, could you please go over some of the details about how they won the war and the world as it exists in this scenario? Has Germany continued her development of submarines and missiles, if so how far along are they, etc?

Thanks. Sorry, I'm on mobile so forgive me if my response is brief or full of typos.

I haven't gone that far into the intricacies of how Germany won the war, as to be honest it's difficult to do that realistically. There are some main points. Firstly, Germany gets Britain to sign an armistice to a mostly status quo white peace by early 1941 before barbarossa. With us working on the mod we're constantly adjusting the details as to how that happens, but ideas include the BEF surrendering at Dunkirk or the UK losing the battle of Britain, or both. With Britain out of the war, America never joins the war in Europe (while still defeating Japan) and the Germas can throw more resources into the eastern front.

Also, barbarossa is a bigger success. The idea is Leningrad and Moscow are both taken by the end of 1941. Apart from that, it's blurry, as really I don't know enough on my own to do a battle by battle war timeline, but as i develop the scenario and the HOI4 mod this will maybe be more developed.

Technology, to be honest, I don't know much about Germany's capabilities here. They get nukes by the early 50s (a little after the mod start date of 1952, and a little before the German Civil War starts). The rest is mostly Kutku's department (he's posted some stuff on alternatehistory.com, as well as making maps and media based on my scenario on reddit and helping me with the lore).

Thanks for dropping by, anyway. Maybe you could follow the mod, but it'll be a long time until it's playable.

Edit: oh yeah, there might be some more info if you follow the links above and read the descriptions of the maps on reddit

Deleted member 2186

So, over time, I posted a series of maps on r/imaginarmaps on reddit as part of a series in which I attempted to create a realistic Nazi victory scenario amongst all those unrealistic ones.

View attachment 389162
Nice maps, are you also going to show South America and Asia maps in the future.

Nice maps, are you also going to show South America and Asia maps in the future.

Thanks. Yeah, i made a map of the Republic of China, but apart from that, yeah it aould be good to explore the rest of the world at some point.

That said, when the HOI4 mod is out there'll be a whole world, though it may be a little different to the one from the original maps.

Thats a neat HOI 4 premise. Perhaps leaving the exact details of the victory vague is a good idea. Its neat to see a Nazi victory mod concept that doesnt simply ape kaiserreich with Canada being a UK in exile analogue. Also the USSR is a collapsed mess, uniting Siberia would be a fun way to open a Russia campaign especially with WTT mechanics in effect.

Very cool maps - is there a larger version of the second one? The text is very small and hard to read.

Thanks. Sorry, I'm on mobile so forgive me if my response is brief or full of typos.

I haven't gone that far into the intricacies of how Germany won the war, as to be honest it's difficult to do that realistically. There are some main points. Firstly, Germany gets Britain to sign an armistice to a mostly status quo white peace by early 1941 before barbarossa. With us working on the mod we're constantly adjusting the details as to how that happens, but ideas include the BEF surrendering at Dunkirk or the UK losing the battle of Britain, or both. With Britain out of the war, America never joins the war in Europe (while still defeating Japan) and the Germas can throw more resources into the eastern front.

Also, barbarossa is a bigger success. The idea is Leningrad and Moscow are both taken by the end of 1941. Apart from that, it's blurry, as really I don't know enough on my own to do a battle by battle war timeline, but as i develop the scenario and the HOI4 mod this will maybe be more developed.

Technology, to be honest, I don't know much about Germany's capabilities here. They get nukes by the early 50s (a little after the mod start date of 1952, and a little before the German Civil War starts). The rest is mostly Kutku's department (he's posted some stuff on alternatehistory.com, as well as making maps and media based on my scenario on reddit and helping me with the lore).

Thanks for dropping by, anyway. Maybe you could follow the mod, but it'll be a long time until it's playable.

Edit: oh yeah, there might be some more info if you follow the links above and read the descriptions of the maps on reddit
Göring dies before the war, allowing Wever and his ideas for strategic bombing to take over?

Deleted member 2186

Question @AP246 are those red dots on the map about Operation Flood, nuclear bombings ore conventional.

Question @AP246 are those red dots on the map about Operation Flood, nuclear bombings ore conventional.

Those are meant to be conventional attacks. There is a large nuclear disparity between the West and Nazi Germany, with the US and UK having a much greater combined nuclear arsenal than Germany, though because the Germans do possess some operational nukes, the allies keep the war conventional to avoid revenge nuking of Britain.

Deleted member 2186

Those are meant to be conventional attacks. There is a large nuclear disparity between the West and Nazi Germany, with the US and UK having a much greater combined nuclear arsenal than Germany, though because the Germans do possess some operational nukes, the allies keep the war conventional to avoid revenge nuking of Britain.
So massive bombing B-52 style ore preciousness bombing.

Lovely, but I would suggest looking over each city name and deciding which language you will show the version of. Cologne should be Köln if you are going by the local names. I also suggest not having Germany take back the area they lost to Denmark after WWI. The area voted on it after all, and Hitler didn't even want to separate it from Denmark. Though partially because he figured to annex it all in one piece later on. Ahhh, and the Channel Islands would be German grey here. They heavily fortified them during WWII. Using a tenth of some of the resources used for the Atlantic Wall, as Hitler though the British would be dedicated to taking back their land, especially given that it was... well, where the English came form, in a way. Those islands are their own units in the game, I suggest having them filled to the brim with defensive works,

Lovely, but I would suggest looking over each city name and deciding which language you will show the version of. Cologne should be Köln if you are going by the local names. I also suggest not having Germany take back the area they lost to Denmark after WWI. The area voted on it after all, and Hitler didn't even want to separate it from Denmark. Though partially because he figured to annex it all in one piece later on. Ahhh, and the Channel Islands would be German grey here. They heavily fortified them during WWII. Using a tenth of some of the resources used for the Atlantic Wall, as Hitler though the British would be dedicated to taking back their land, especially given that it was... well, where the English came form, in a way. Those islands are their own units in the game, I suggest having them filled to the brim with defensive works,

Thanks for replying and for the advice

This remind me the legendary prisioners of silence before the poor author got flagged....nice idea so unique and nicely done and the maps are suberb.

Is the SS-state of Burgundy going to feature, or has it been absorbed into Germany by this point?

I kinda thought about it. Honestly, after I'd made all of these, that's when I really learnt about SS Burguny, and it's already been done very well by others. I probably won't change things now.

This remind me the legendary prisioners of silence before the poor author got flagged....nice idea so unique and nicely done and the maps are suberb.

Thanks. Been making them for years over on reddit but first time I've started posting them here.

Out of curiosity, will you continue this timeline beyond the HOI4 Mod aspect? Like, that's what always makes me mildly perturbed about scenarios like Kaiserreich; they never catch up to the modern day? Will yours? I mean, the mod doesn't have to reflect it, but...