Thousand-Week Reich - A 'realistic' Nazi victory scenario

It's looking like TWR will have the prestigous distinction of being the first major alternate history mod for HOI4 to update for 1.11. Folks on their Discord say the update will be out in the next few days. I'd add more but I'm on break, maybe I will edit the source in later.

Yep! Russia overhaul is very, very close to finished and will be out in a few days

It's looking like TWR will have the prestigous distinction of being the first major alternate history mod for HOI4 to update for 1.11. Folks on their Discord say the update will be out in the next few days. I'd add more but I'm on break, maybe I will edit the source in later. EDIT: Apparently the lead dev AP246 confirmed that on the next post! All right!
Technically Old World Blues is alternate history (Fallout has had an undefined divergence from the start, rather than being Dated Future like Wasteland became), but in practice, yeah, TWR.

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
Will some of the Russian unifiers been able to start a war against the TA?
I don't see why they wouldn't.

Oh yeah, the update dropped and it's awesome so far! I'm doing the new Zhukov run-through, it's difficult but nonetheless fun! I'll try the gameplay again later but I've been going through the compelling story more, and...

...as it turns out someone on the team likes Molchat Doma, as evidenced by the music that plays when Zhukov reunites Russia with Kosygin's influence being high. Not sure of the source of the speech but still cool nonetheless.

I do recommend the rest of the album, the first song of which was the one used in the event, but seeing as this isn't a music recommendation thread I'll end today's brief digression. All in all a nice touch, coming from someone who likes jamming out to the group at times as well.

Needless to say I'm enjoying the Russia update quite a bit! A nice way to spend part of the only day I have off this week. It's definitely more thought-out and polished than before.

Last edited:

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
Teaser from the Discord, first one from the planned and upcoming Toronto Accord rework:
unknown.png

Yep. The man on the left (pun partially intended) is none other than Henry Wallace, noted progressive and Vice-President to FDR from 1941 until 1945 in OTL, before being replaced on the ticket by Harry S. Truman at the behest of Democratic party bosses. And ITTL he manages to stay on FDR's ticket, succeeding Roosevelt once he kicks the bucket in '45.

Also for reference here's the development roadmap released towards the tail end of 2020. It should be noted that it is likely out of date but otherwise seems to be a reliable gauge for what's coming next unless AP and/or the rest of the dev team says otherwise.

TWR_roadmap.png

The Balkans Update dropped at the end of January 2021, and the Russia Rework released at the tail end of 2021.
My guesses? The Toronto Accord rework will likely drop in the fourth quarter of this year (2022), and all that other stuff will make its way out no later than 2024 assuming the world hasn't ended or the team hasn't ceased working on TWR.

TWR_roadmap.png

The Balkans Update dropped at the end of January 2021, and the Russia Rework released at the tail end of 2021.
My guesses? The Toronto Accord rework will likely drop in the fourth quarter of this year (2022), and all that other stuff will make its way out no later than 2024 assuming the world hasn't ended or the team hasn't ceased working on TWR.
While I believe the TA rework will happen at the tail end of 2022, I'm sure all of the other things will come later on. Of course, the devs haven't put up a 2022 roadmap yet so outside of the TA rework, who knows what'll come next, since the other stuff isn't necessarily going to be in that order.

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
PRESIDENT WALLACE!!!!

I love it!

Can't say how hyped I was when i first saw it, too!

Henry A. Wallace said:
Some have spoken of the "American Century." I say that the century on which we are entering -- the century which will come into being after this war -- can be and must be the century of the common man."

Of course, with the US not at war with the Nazis in the 1940s the above speech is probably butterflied at worst or heavily altered to emphasize the war effort against Japan at best, with the anti-Nazi stuff surfacing in the late '40s/early '50s.

You'll also love that the lore from the dev team effectively states that Wallace got two terms owing to being President when the Great Pacific War ended combined with Dewey's campaign in '48 being more lackluster than OTL and his anti-fascist rhetoric against the Nazis. Definitely a step up from his portrayals in timelines such as The North Star is Red, The Footprint of Mussolini, and of course the infamous For All Time.

OTOH according to lore discussions in the discord from what I've read America isn't more leftist than it is in our world, for one backing the Russian Republic over the rump USSR and its splinter states. Though there probably won't be a second Red Scare for the reason mentioned above.

Last edited:
In fairness, the "and its splinter states" help explain some of the favour for the Russian Republic over the USSR, and the Russian Republic was run by an at least nominally social democratic party until just before the start-date (while the main claimant to being the USSR's government is run by the NKVD).

Picsart_22-01-11_03-40-04-071.jpg

A small little infobox according to my headcannon for the RR (the soviet still exist btw and the border is the irtsyh river and also since the border is that the RR also own a bit of kazakhstan)

What happens to Turkey here? On the 1952 world map it shows them having annexed Armenia and Nakhchivan, but not any territory in the Middle East. I assume Turkey joining the war against the Soviets is why Georgia is independent rather than annexed by Germany even when Tbilisi was intended to be the capital of the Caucasian Reichskommissariats IOTL, so what happens to Turkey after the war? How would the people in the territories annexed by Turkey be treated?

Can I say something? I think TWR Needs to change the SS Ordenstatt Gotenland lore, the fact that Hitler would just give Heydriech, something to stop him causing trouble,
A better lore is that It was a Nazi base, to monitor, the slightly pissed Reichskommissariat Ukraine, and as a SS Base to monitor The black sea, it makes more sence considering Hitler would just have him executed.

Henry wallace President of the USA? Shit! after seeing him in Mussolini's Footprint, I have trouble seeing him as a good president, well, we'll see

Can I say something? I think TWR Needs to change the SS Ordenstatt Gotenland lore, the fact that Hitler would just give Heydriech, something to stop him causing trouble,
A better lore is that It was a Nazi base, to monitor, the slightly pissed Reichskommissariat Ukraine, and as a SS Base to monitor The black sea, it makes more sence considering Hitler would just have him executed.
Isn't that the same as the lore for Ordenstaat Burgunden? That Himmler did an assasination attempt... so Hitler gave him Burgundy as a white elephant?