Thousand-Week Reich - A 'realistic' Nazi victory scenario

From the reddit

With the fall of France, Spain decided to occupy the Moroccan protectorate and turn it into a Spanish territory under the reign of Mohammed V of the Alaouite Dynasty. While the Alaouites have been rather quiet under their Spanish lords, Moroccan independence movements have started to become more popular across the entirety of the territory. Combine this with a general anti-Spaniard sentiment among the population and the great ambitions of Francisco Franco regarding Morocco and the region has become a ticking time bomb ready to explode into civil conflict.

Without anyone to stop them, Spain appears to have simply annexed them

Last edited:
Idk find out and tell us
After a quick look at Spain in WW2, it seems the primary reason was that Franco's demands for joining the Axis were straight up impossible. Germany would have to provide grain, fuel, armed vehicles, military aircraft and other armaments, as well as heavy fortification of the Canary Islands. These demands were so frustrating that Hitler quoted "I prefer to have three or four of my own teeth pulled out than to speak to that man again!". It doesn't seem like Germany obtaining a white peace with Britain changes any of this, so i don't see much reason for Morocco to go to Spain if Spain hasn't done anything to earn it

After a quick look at Spain in WW2, it seems the primary reason was that Franco's demands for joining the Axis were straight up impossible. Germany would have to provide grain, fuel, armed vehicles, military aircraft and other armaments, as well as heavy fortification of the Canary Islands. These demands were so frustrating that Hitler quoted "I prefer to have three or four of my own teeth pulled out than to speak to that man again!". It doesn't seem like Germany obtaining a white peace with Britain changes any of this, so i don't see much reason for Morocco to go to Spain if Spain hasn't done anything to earn it

I was under the impression that the main reason Spain didn't align closer towards the Axis was fear of being involved in the war in the west with Britain and later the US.

I don't know exactly though, and frankly this was all made a long time ago and in hindsight there may be some things that don't make sense.

I was under the impression that the main reason Spain didn't align closer towards the Axis was fear of being involved in the war in the west with Britain and later the US.

I don't know exactly though, and frankly this was all made a long time ago and in hindsight there may be some things that don't make sense.
In all honesty, I feel it was more because Franco didn't want to get Spain dragged into another war after being devastated by the Spanish Civil War, a war of which I don't think they've ever recovered from throughout the entirety of WWII IOTL, and I don't expect them to recover from ITTL either.

Which of course...yeah, it'd mean it'd make zero sense for Spain to get French Morocco, it would technically still be under Vichy rule here unless Germany was willing to throw such a bone to Spain for some reason.

Any chance we're gonna get a custom path to prevent the German civil war?

Does that not exist already? I was under the impression one had finally been added recently (the civil war in-game is unfortunately quite a complex thing so making the custom path isn't trivial, that's why it didn't exist). I haven't checked in game myself though.

Does it exist anywhere a full timeline for the TWR?

There have been times I've drawn up a full timeline with lots of things on it, but since then I've retconned and changed things, and then the mod came into existence, took over as the main form of the timeline and had its own changes. As a result, at the moment there is no 1 place where you can read the whole timeline I'm afraid.

There have been times I've drawn up a full timeline with lots of things on it, but since then I've retconned and changed things, and then the mod came into existence, took over as the main form of the timeline and had its own changes. As a result, at the moment there is no 1 place where you can read the whole timeline I'm afraid.
Does that mean the mod is considered the more "canon" timeline? I was under the impression that it was more of a spinoff timeline of this timeline, and that what is here is "most" canon.

Ap246, what can we expect from the Japanese "New Nationalism" route after the police coup?

Sorry, I'm not intricately involved in the specifics and Japan especially is outside my purview. Feel free to ask questions on the discord and such.

Does that mean the mod is considered the more "canon" timeline? I was under the impression that it was more of a spinoff timeline of this timeline, and that what is here is "most" canon.

Well, originally that was the case. Nowadays a lot more of my focus is on the mod than on the original timeline, so I kinda consider them two linked settings and both a sort of canon in their own right. It'd be silly I think to treat the mod as a mere spinoff of the original timeline with how big it's got.

I have generally tried to converge the two though, moving the timeline closer to changes in the mod and stuff where it wouldn't cause major disruption. I guess the mod has superseded the original timeline just by simply being bigger and worked on more and, if/when I return to making TWR maps, it may be influenced by the mod to some extent as some maps already have been.

Is there any way we can pursue a monarchist route for russia?
By this point, Monarchism has been thoroughly discredited in Russia for a route if you ask me. Feels like it'll be far easier to just retain the existant monarchies in-game (with the only case of plausible restoration being possibly the Iberian countries and maybe France)

By this point, Monarchism has been thoroughly discredited in Russia for a route if you ask me. Feels like it'll be far easier to just retain the existant monarchies in-game (with the only case of plausible restoration being possibly the Iberian countries and maybe France)
Well mainland french monarchism would be interesting to see but what will the people accept? Bourbon? Orleans? Bonaparte?