Thousand-Week Reich - A 'realistic' Nazi victory scenario

TWR_roadmap.png

A roadmap for now, stuff could be changed, was released on discord.

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
TWR_roadmap.png

A roadmap for now, stuff could be changed, was released on discord.
Honestly quite hyped for the Balkan update, then again I have quite a bit of appreciation for Yugoslav history and the badassery of Marshal Tito (even though in the map canon he's long gone). For whatever reason I haven't played this mod as much lately, but I'm pretty excited for whenever the update comes. Will it be a Christmas present? A New Year's or MLK Day or Inauguration Day Present? An early or belated Birthday Present to me and anyone else who has a birthday on the eleventh of January?

I guess we'll find out between tomorrow and a a few weeks from now! :D No rush on it to the devs from me, by the way; a pleasant surprise like TWR's first release is a pleasant surprise nonetheless.

I don't know how bad it is in AANW, though I envisage that it's behind OTL but still a developed country doing well for itself with a large economy.
OTL Vietnam might be a good comparison to that Japan. I think Calbear said it himself.

I think OTL Vietnam is a bit too far, since Japan was already industrialised and such, even if there's more damage from a ground invasion, damage can be rebuilt quickly.
Was talking in the context of TWR when talking about Japan ITTL being more like Italy or Spain.

Speaking of Japan, does anime exist in a similar fashion to OTL?

You'd be surprised how many times that question's been asked lol

I'm really not very knowledgeable in this area, but as far as I know, there was a tradition of drawings and animation in Japan pre-war that would become what we know as anime, so I'd say yes, but it's not something I've put a huge amount of thought into.

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
You'd be surprised how many times that question's been asked lol
It's almost obligatory for someone on the Internet to mention anime when Japan is brought up in at least seventy percent of instances, and that's only a conservative estim--

It's one of those iron laws of AH discussion: if Japan exists in any recognizable way at any point in the TL, someone will ask about the state of anime.
...As it turns out, @dakkafex put it in better terms than I did in relation to alternate history.

It's one of those iron laws of AH discussion: if Japan exists in any recognizable way at any point in the TL, someone will ask about the state of anime.

The state of anime depends on several factors:

One is Osamu Tezuka. What we think of as anime and manga comes from his own works. If Tezuka pursues a medical career, or say, he ends up a casuality in the Second World War, than Japanese anime might come in a very, very different form.

The other is Japan's prosperity. In TLs where Japan is a backwater, anime doesn't gain traction, and other nations might fill the void of providing an alternative to American animation.

I bet in another world, Americans might grow up loving African animation, or Russian animation, or Chinese animation. And this in turn might make American animation substantially different than OTL.

Rivercat893

Banned
The Thousand Week Reich is the more realistic and less dystopic version of The New Order: Last Days of Europe in terms of setting and characters. I like to imagine a mixed universe of sorts between the two works.

The Thousand Week Reich is the more realistic and less dystopic version of The New Order: Last Days of Europe in terms of setting and characters. I like to imagine a mixed universe of sorts between the two works.

I don't really like such direct comparisons to TNO to be honest. I was not at all aware of TNO when I made TWR's lore, or even when I started adapting it into a HOI4 mod. Similarities where they exist are coincidental, they're two totally different things. TWR isn't a 'version' of TNO, it's entirely its own thing.

Rivercat893

Banned
I don't really like comparisons to TNO to be honest. I was not at all aware of TNO when I made TWR's lore, or even when I started adapting it into a HOI4 mod. Similarities where they exist are coincidental, they're two totally different things.
To be fair. Though TNO is a lot more extreme and messed up than TWR.

To be fair. Though TNO is a lot more extreme and messed up than TWR.

Well yes but my point is why it's even being brought up in the first place. It's a totally random other thing that happens to have some similarities to TWR in terms of it being an axis victory scenario of some sort. It's just a comparison out of nowhere and calling TWR a 'version' of TNO is I think misleading